Top 5 Things Bellichick Would Do as Bills HC

If he were brought in now, I believe he'd:

1. Create an open competition at the QB position

2. Emphasize only runs and very short passing game. Basically the Bills game plan for the first 3 & 1/2 quarters of the Titans game

3. Switch away from 4-3 until we found a competent MLB. That may mean playing rest of season in 3-4, 5-2, 2-5,etc

4. Call more safety blitzes on defense knowing its the only way to create more pressure and that we have guys with excellent technique like Byrd and Gikmore

5. Sit some guys on both sides of the ball who feel they're irreplaceable/untouchable, to send a message nobody's safe and everyone needs to step up or get replaced

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

8) Turn off the opponents radio gear

9) pay off the Refs

10) Sign / Trade for Tim Tebow

3-4, 4-3 haven't the Bills had both of these these past few years and they still have / had a bad defense.

They need to tackle better. Sorry tackle period!

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I will go out on a lmb and guess those 5 things happen to be what the OP would do.

Truth is he would never come to a team like this.

really? He took over a 3 & 13 cleveland browns. His 1st year as HC of Pats they went 6 & 10. Except for a few (albeit) key positons, Bills have a lot of talent on the roster. And are listing toward another high draft pick session for 2013. This is actually an attractive situation for a new HC: lots of talent, a limited # of slots to fill, drafting high, cap space, low expectations. Really the biggest problem is the team's ownership/location status ... and sadly a move to greener pastures in L.A could make a new coaching position that much more attractive.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

really? He took over a 3 & 13 cleveland browns. His 1st year as HC of Pats they went 6 & 10. Except for a few (albeit) key positons, Bills have a lot of talent on the roster. And are listing toward another high draft pick session for 2013. This is actually an attractive situation for a new HC: lots of talent, a limited # of slots to fill, drafting high, low expectations. Really the biggest problem is the team's ownership/location status ... and sadly a move to greener pastures in L.A could make a new coaching position that much more attractive.

Yeah but that was then. At this point in his career there is no way he would come to the Bills.

really? He took over a 3 & 13 cleveland browns. His 1st year as HC of Pats they went 6 & 10. Except for a few (albeit) key positons, Bills have a lot of talent on the roster. And are listing toward another high draft pick session for 2013. This is actually an attractive situation for a new HC: lots of talent, a limited # of slots to fill, drafting high, low expectations. Really the biggest problem is the team's ownership/location status ... and sadly a move to greener pastures in L.A could make a new coaching position that much more attractive.

Exactly. He was on the verge of getting fired from his 2nd team (losing record his first year in NE, started 1-3 his 2nd year) until Mo Lewis changed his career. Tom Brady made Belichick much more than Belichick made Brady. We've sucked for a decade plus. But we went 7-9 with JP Losman and Trent Edwards. Sub in Peyton (#1 overall) or Brady (lottery ticket), we are a playoff contender every year.

Read "Spygate" book.....

The cheating is way more elaborate and pervasive than we originally understood it to be. The Author also believes that it is still going on and presents a pretty compelling case for it.

Every one of their titles should have been revoked. The owners who were all making gazillions all decided to stand down and not ruin the public view of the integrity of the game/league. The evidence was damning and irrefutable.

Bellichick has always been a tremendous X's and O's guy, but a total fraud and a cheat as a HC.

One thing I know Bellichek would do would place an emphasis on addressing the TE position. They've had a ton of talent at that position throughout the years, and they always seem to do well against the Bills.

I like Chandler, however, would he be the same player if he wasn't in Chan's system? Guys like Hernandez and Gronkowski are GOOD no matter where they would play.

really? He took over a 3 & 13 cleveland browns. His 1st year as HC of Pats they went 6 & 10. Except for a few (albeit) key positons, Bills have a lot of talent on the roster. And are listing toward another high draft pick session for 2013. This is actually an attractive situation for a new HC: lots of talent, a limited # of slots to fill, drafting high, cap space, low expectations. Really the biggest problem is the team's ownership/location status ... and sadly a move to greener pastures in L.A could make a new coaching position that much more attractive.

I was going to respond wih similar points and you bet me to it. While I don't think LA is in the cards, I think everything else is true.

One thing I know Bellichek would do would place an emphasis on addressing the TE position. They've had a ton of talent at that position throughout the years, and they always seem to do well against the Bills.

I like Chandler, however, would he be the same player if he wasn't in Chan's system? Guys like Hernandez and Gronkowski are GOOD no matter where they would play.

Yeah and the traditional thinking is that cold weather teams in particular rely on TEs. What about Shockey? He's been productive wherever he's been. How is it possible he's a URFA @ only 32?

I will go out on a lmb and guess those 5 things happen to be what the OP would do.

Truth is he would never come to a team like this.

Money changes everything & if you think other wise you need to look at sports in general B/C that's what it's all about M-O-N-E-Y !!

If he were brought in now, I believe he'd:

1. Create an open competition at the QB position

2. Emphasize only runs and very short passing game. Basically the Bills game plan for the first 3 & 1/2 quarters of the Titans game

3. Switch away from 4-3 until we found a competent MLB. That may mean playing rest of season in 3-4, 5-2, 2-5,etc

4. Call more safety blitzes on defense knowing its the only way to create more pressure and that we have guys with excellent technique like Byrd and Gikmore

5. Sit some guys on both sides of the ball who feel they're irreplaceable/untouchable, to send a message nobody's safe and everyone needs to step up or get replaced

1. show Wanny the door and make himself DC.

2. Motivate Mario Williams behind closed doors every damn week until he improves.

3. Start Kelsey at RE and use Mark Anderson on passing situations

4. Find a QB that can make all the throws because currently we dont have one.(maybe this should be first)

5. Name Fred the starting RB but give CJ the most carries.

6. Mistakes on D will not be acceptable and repeat offenders will be benched.

7. During the offseason name himself GM and control the draft his way.

1. show Wanny the door and make himself DC.

2. Motivate Mario Williams behind closed doors every damn week until he improves.

3. Start Kelsey at RE and use Mark Anderson on passing situations

4. Find a QB that can make all the throws because currently we dont have one.(maybe this should be first)

5. Name Fred the starting RB but give CJ the most carries.

6. Mistakes on D will not be acceptable and repeat offenders will be benched.

7. During the offseason name himself GM and control the draft his way.

Yours sound spot on.

1-6 i would like, not so sure i like 7. The Pats had their best success when Pioli and Dimitroff where picking the talent. Or at very least they were narrowing down the pool of players and BB would say who he liked out of the bunch.

Read "Spygate" book.....

The cheating is way more elaborate and pervasive than we originally understood it to be. The Author also believes that it is still going on and presents a pretty compelling case for it.

Every one of their titles should have been revoked. The owners who were all making gazillions all decided to stand down and not ruin the public view of the integrity of the game/league. The evidence was damning and irrefutable.

Bellichick has always been a tremendous X's and O's guy, but a total fraud and a cheat as a HC.

I believe that...............can you expand on it?