Star Wars Episode VII planned for 2015

/dev/null

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So looks like we're in for movies like Stand by Gree-do, Twi'leks Gone Wild, and a documentary on the wild Rancor. I'll actually be a bit interested to see what they do with Eps 7-9, because there's already a Star Wars universe created for after Return of the Jedi, written by a variety of authors. I read a ton of those books when i was a middle school nerd, which followed Han, Leia, and Luke from the blowing up of the second Death Star until 20+ years after. I wonder if they're going to follow some of those books, or create their own stories.

Apparently Lucas was quoted by the New York Times a while back stating that he wasn't going to make any more SW films because he was he was getting tired of people being so negative and unappreciative. I don't know if this has anything to do with that, but hopefully those who have become anti-Lucas over the years can finally stfu.

As for me, I'm glad George raped my childhood...for the amount of enjoyment he's brought to my life, I could never re-pay him.

Disney to buy Lucasfilm for $4.05B. Targeting 2015 for Star Wars Episode VII: The Quest for More Money

http://thewaltdisney...e-lucasfilm-ltd

I only listen regarding whining about quest for more money from those who have given up all their money and properties to worth causes like abused animals and shipping Miami fans to Cuba. Since none of those have Internet access never list to those on board.

George Lucas >> /dev/null

Apparently Lucas was quoted by the New York Times a while back stating that he wasn't going to make any more SW films because he was he was getting tired of people being so negative and unappreciative. I don't know if this has anything to do with that, but hopefully those who have become anti-Lucas over the years can finally stfu.

As for me, I'm glad George raped my childhood...for the amount of enjoyment he's brought to my life, I could never re-pay him.

He didn't rape anyone's childhood. More like disappointed our adulthoods.

Although, getting the bloated bullfrog out of the picture would give you a greater than zero % chance of having SW movies that don't suck...

He didn't rape anyone's childhood. More like disappointed our adulthoods.

Although, getting the bloated bullfrog out of the picture would give you a greater than zero % chance of having SW movies that don't suck...

I honestly don't have a single ounce of disappointment with the guy....I have so many amazing memories that center on Star Wars in some way, shape or form that I would feel like a selfish, unappreciative jerk if I did feel disappointment. I've tried to understand those who are seemingly just so pissed at the guy for some of the decisions he's made, but I can't get there. I can understand being a LITTLE annoyed that he hasn't released the original 1977 version of Star Wars on dvd/bluray....but all this hatred and vitriol toward the guy is really uncalled for.

So looks like we're in for movies like Stand by Gree-do, Twi'leks Gone Wild, and a documentary on the wild Rancor. I'll actually be a bit interested to see what they do with Eps 7-9, because there's already a Star Wars universe created for after Return of the Jedi, written by a variety of authors. I read a ton of those books when i was a middle school nerd, which followed Han, Leia, and Luke from the blowing up of the second Death Star until 20+ years after. I wonder if they're going to follow some of those books, or create their own stories.

That's the big question. George Lucas is all but retired now, which I'm sure is a big reason why he is going ahead with Disney purchasing LucasFilm, so it seems like he will not have that much involvement with any of these future episodes. They could very well adapt the Timothy Zahn "Heir to the Empire" novels.

So does Disney now own ILM as well?

I honestly don't have a single ounce of disappointment with the guy....I have so many amazing memories that center on Star Wars in some way, shape or form that I would feel like a selfish, unappreciative jerk if I did feel disappointment. I've tried to understand those who are seemingly just so pissed at the guy for some of the decisions he's made, but I can't get there. I can understand being a LITTLE annoyed that he hasn't released the original 1977 version of Star Wars on dvd/bluray....but all this hatred and vitriol toward the guy is really uncalled for.

Hopefully Disney corrects those mistakes and releases the original version. That would be a great lead in to the new movie, so I fully expect them to do it.

Oh, and I can't wait to see all the internet hate when they make their choices on recasting those key roles.

Disney didn't screw up the Marvel films and the Avengers. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Moreso than George Lucas, who didn't realize his best work was one that passed the quality controls of others (i.e. Spielberg, etc.)

He took on too much with Episodes 1-3 because he felt he was a genius.

Plus Wreck-it-Ralph looks rad.

Yeah, I am not sure where the hate comes from. I like to pick at him some, but Hate is too strong a word. When someone says, "I hate ..." it implies a personal context. I don't know the guy, I can say I dislike his ideas, execution, writing, directing, and smug attitude, but I can't say I "hate" the guy. He's probably a pretty good guy, for all I know.

I just happen to believe that he is extrememly fortunate (about 4.05 billion dollars worth) that he surrounded himself with more competent writers, directors and other movie making people, otherwise, Star Wars would NEVER have been as big a hit as it was...

Han. Shot. First.

That Lucas doesn't understand why that's important illustrates the basic incompetence of the man.