Mario Williams will be a great player for the Bills...

I just felt the need to make this post. There is too much premature Mario bashing that has been going on since week 1. People literally deemed him a bad sign after the Jets game and started ragging on him. I think he is an elite talent who has good character. He will work out in the end so quit your impulsive whining. Mark my words.

I just felt the need to make this post. There is too much premature Mario bashing that has been going on since week 1. People literally deemed him a bad sign after the Jets game and started ragging on him. I think he is an elite talent who has good character. He will work out in the end so quit your impulsive whining. Mark my words.

I'm not trolling here, just making conversation. Define "great." He was a good player for the Texans, so are you saying he will be better with the Bills? Is double-digit sacks great? Aaron Schobel wasn't great.

I agree, he's not being treated fairly. Sometimes it takes time. The Bills had a glaring need, and they did what they thought they had to do to get better. But I hope he picks it up -- and fast.

I probably did use the word great a bit too loosely. I'm not making a prediction he is going to be DeMarcus Ware or Clay Matthews year in and year out, but he will be a better than good player. I think he will make a couple of pro bowls. He will never live up to a 100 million dollar contract. However, double digit sacks is a good year and I would expect it most years. That is how I would expect he wil do.

Edited by The Voice of Truth

Mario is a good player with a bad injury for a defensive lineman, we need to upgrade LB's ...Gilmore looks better every week and Byrd is a good player. Kyle Williams has been our best player he's is doubled every snap and still makes plays. There are 11 guys on defense the LB's and Wilson at safety have been brutal. Mario is here for more than one year get more defensive help. It's too bad Mark Anderson was injured

People literally deemed him a bad sign after the Jets game and started ragging on him.

they were right -- it was a bad sign. especially since he's continued to be irrelevant since. i have no idea how the mario experiment will turn out, but i'm not about to grant a 27 year old player the three year development grace period of a rookie.

dude's a veteran. he needs to perform.

Mario isn't the problem especially when QBs can consistently drop back n get rid of the ball as quickly as they hv not to mention how bad the run defense has been

this is sarcastic, right?

add a smiley face chugging a beer or something next time, please.

Edited by Dirtbag

Dont worry. Bills fans seperation anxiety will drive this guy out of town by Christmas

You repeat this endlessly. Can you name one player the Bills fans drove out of town? Such nonsense.

Anyway, MArio is a DE, not a QB. Just line up and get after the QB--how many seasons will it take before he can do this in a new town for chrissakes??

Williams isn't the only person who's playing like hot trash on the defense. Just because Buffalo decided to pay him $100mil doesn't mean he's going to be this super human football player. I mean he's on pace to have the same type of season he always does when it comes to sacks averaging about 8 per year. There's 3 other guys on the line and 10 other players on defense. When he's getting double and triple teamed other guys need to step up as well. I'm not trying to make excuses for his play i'm just making a point that he's only one player on the defense. He got his procedure done, lets be optimistic and see if its going to make a difference. I fractured my wrist playing football and tried to come back early, and you can't get any type of push at all.

Edited by Lincoln Osiris

they were right -- it was a bad sign. especially since he's continued to be irrelevant since. i have no idea how the mario experiment will turn out, but i'm not about to grant a 27 year old player the three year development grace period of a rookie.

dude's a veteran. he needs to perform.

He dominated vs Arizona. He wasn't irrelevant since the jets game. He's injured and ill give him the benefit of the doubt. He's been a good player for several years. I can't see him becoming irrelevant anytime soon

this is sarcastic, right?

add a smiley face chugging a beer or something next time, please.

So you think mario is THE problem? Add straight answer this time

My biggest problem is that he has such a laid back attitude. I hate saying that because everyone is different and hate guys who yell all the time, but I don't see enough fire. I want to see a pissed off Mario because the guy is a freak and I'm stil lvey happy we signed him. But a great DE should be insulted at getting single blocked and want to rip a QB's head off. I hope this surgery gets him going because good pass rushers are hard to find.

When you are a DE in the NFL that works for the Buffalo Bills you live in a very large shadow & when you put the tag of elite on that player the shadow gets even more intense .

Because you always have BRUCE looking over your shoulder & when you read about elite NFL pass rushers his name is the explanation in Websters !!!

When you are a DE in the NFL that works for the Buffalo Bills you live in a very large shadow & when you put the tag of elite on that player the shadow gets even more intense .

Because you always have BRUCE looking over your shoulder & when you read about elite NFL pass rushers his name is the explanation in Websters !!!

I'd love for Bruce or Talley to talk to Mario and let him know what it means to be a Bill.

I'd love for Bruce or Talley to talk to Mario and let him know what it means to be a Bill.

He is being paid $100 MM. He shouldn't need anyone to talk to him and motivate him. I am hoping the wrist injury was a primary reason for his under-whelming performance so far. He is paid to be mentioned in the same breath as Clay Matthews, JPP, Peppers. And those saying the entire D sucks - he is paid to do well at his position. As an example, Kyle Williams does not need this excuse as he still makes plays.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Mario isn't the problem especially when QBs can consistently drop back n get rid of the ball as quickly as they hv not to mention how bad the run defense has been

Are you kidding me? The guy has downright been a complete disappointment. For the money the Bills spent, the guy should be blowing up double teams, triple teams, you name it. If you're gonna get paid as the highest player in Defense, you better be a game changer, all-pro, super-star! Could it be the Bills overpaid for this guy? I'm gonna say YES!!!