Trade For Vick AND Draft A QB

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose the issue comes down to this. This team has not won with Fitz and you can argue it's because of the D or because a full offensive gameplan cannot be utilized because he does not have a NFL arm.

Update - vick is due 15 Mill next year so there goes the trade idea. I guess just see what happens when he is cut....

Edited by BuffaloBaumer

Here is what I think would be a great idea. Trade for Vick, have him start next year while you let Fitz finish out this year. If Barkely and Geno Smith are gone before Buffalo picks, evaluate and see if the 3rd best guy is worth taking at the 10ish spot. If that guy is not going to be worth it, look for one in the 2nd and draft Teo. You then have Vick as a starter with the rookie learning the system for a year (or possibly 2).

I am guessing Vick could be had because he will want to go somewhere with a chance to start. KC and Buffalo (possibly Jax, Jets and AZ) are the only teams who will be looking to upgrade the position. I think 2013 will be a good time to need a QB due to the least amount of teams needing a QB in a while.

In summary, let Fitz finish the season, Trade for Vick (he has tons of time to learn the system), draft a QB and then that QB starts in 1-2 years. I believe by taking Vick, you don't have to have that down year when drafting a rookie. Is there one hole you can punch in this line of thought because there is no way you are going backwards with Vick over Fitz.

Why waste picks on another loser who will struggle with the playbook, Fitz is capable to teach the rook

What about Vick excites people? In his last 20 games he has 22 INTs and 19 fumbles, compared to 27 TDs. I dont see how he is an upgrade at all. He is a huge liability and is going to get another coach fired

There is a large cult of Vick followers here. Why I don't know. Seems like this is just a manifestation of the dumpster diving attitude of some Bills fans.

We can never have anything new but look what I found in the trash!

why the PM for the ownership info....thats info a lot of posters would like...whats with all the elitism?

its simple. ralph dies. team put to auction. rich guys show up to bid on something that only comes along every 30 years in an true auction scenario and outbid any possible local bidder, team moves to a vibrant rich market. done. flame away, but I cannot imagine anything else happening, assuming a fair, high bid gets the team auction. sucks, but it is a simple case of economics.

Honestly, Fitz is a better QB than Vick at this point. Fitz is just hated here and hasn't been on a Madden cover. Vick has been good in about 30 games in his career. Teams adjust to him really easy.

I'm sick of other teams' trash. Let's just do whatever we can to get a legit 1st round talent and not settle for a Losman type.

This.

Has Fitz crapped the bed and stunk up the place in a couple games this season? Yes.

Has he played well enough to win in others we lost? Yes.

Would fans who claim he's the worst QB in the league actually be happy if we traded Fitz for most of the other QB who are ranked 19th or lower on nfl.com (ie bottom third)?

This season, no, not as they're playing - there are five or so who have better potential.

The problem is people want a top-five in the league QB in B'lo, and that's not Fitz.

What about Vick excites people? In his last 20 games he has 22 INTs and 19 fumbles, compared to 27 TDs. I dont see how he is an upgrade at all. He is a huge liability and is going to get another coach fired

The turnovers: fact. The rest: accurate assessment.

For the record, their last 2 seasons:

Vick: 59%, 27 tds, 22 ints, 9 lost fumbles, 2 rushing tds. http://sports.yahoo....fl/players/5448

Fitz: 61%, 39 tds, 32 ints, 4 lost fumbles, 0 rushing tds. http://sports.yahoo....fl/players/7426

And Vick plays with the superior offensive cast and better defense (the Eagles had a top 10 defense last year). If we trade for Vick, I might punch my dog.

No need...Vick could do that for you.

its simple. ralph dies. team put to auction. rich guys show up to bid on something that only comes along every 30 years in an true auction scenario and outbid any possible local bidder, team moves to a vibrant rich market. done. flame away, but I cannot imagine anything else happening, assuming a fair, high bid gets the team auction. sucks, but it is a simple case of economics.

The NFL has to apprve the move though. Considering all these big market teams cannot sell out their stadiums while teams like BUffalo still do I think will keep them here. Jax SD TB they never sell out but Buffalos and Clevelands do. Three teams have failed in LA, I think the NFL learned their lesson.

Anyone who thinks Vick wouldn't be an upgrade over Fitzpicksix is either blind or incredibly stupid. It would change the whole outlook of the team. Instead of knowing Fitz will fail, they could at least have hope that Vick might not.

You could at least have him come in and compete with the rookie QB they ae going to draft......

Has anybody seen how bad the eagles oline is? Dude doesn't have a second to throw on any given play. There's a reason McCoy isn't doing well on the ground this year either

It's strange how being unaware and indecisive can make an o-line look bad or how little credit a QB will get when he is aware and decisive and helps hide o-line deficiencies. It's Johnson vs. Flutie 101.