I sure miss Perry Fewell

RVJ

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one is defending Gailey here dude, don't understand why you are not getting that

The point is Fewell wouldn't hv been any different

of course not. Kinda makes one laugh though when you consider that both Kevin Gilrbide and Fewell are on that coaching staff. Wade Phillips in Houston. It's not that the Bills haven't had good coaches it's everything above that has been awful

of course not. Kinda makes one laugh though when you consider that both Kevin Gilrbide and Fewell are on that coaching staff. Wade Phillips in Houston. It's not that the Bills haven't had good coaches it's everything above that has been awful

Wade is one of the best DC's that has coached in the league but he just isn't a good head coach. I loved the Bills defense when he was DC with big Ted at NT. Gilbride had success under Coughlin in Jax and initially was ok with Bills then just got too predictable

Fewell landed in a good situation but again there isn't anything special about him as a coach

Edited by Max997

Besides Marv Levy Perry Fewell was the best head coach EVER for the Bills! That was a mistake firing the entire coaching staff, should have made Perry head coach and Bobby April assistant head coach/ special teams. Young guy, players like him, defensive minded and now has Jewelry on his hand!

Perhaps you forgot about Lou Saban. Lou won two Championships. Marv zero

Perhaps you forgot about Lou Saban. Lou won two Championships. Marv zero

I'll have to nit pick this a tad. I consider the AFL titles the equivalent of the AFC titles.

Wish we had our '64 and '65 defense that's for sure.

GO BILLS!!!

The Giants have a great owner the Bills do not. The Giants have a great gm the Bills do not. The Giants have a great coaching staff. The Bills do not. Because of the giants front office and coaches their players perform up to and beyond expectations. The Bills...do not. However like anything else it starts at the top.

This ^^^

YES YES YES....The rest is window dressing and whining!!

I just don't get the love affair with Fewell.

If he is so great why hasn't someone else given him a chance to be a head coach especially after winning the Super Bowl with the Giants last year?

How do you know other teams haven't approached him, and he declined to talk to them? He came into this year as the DC of the Superbowl champs, which many would see as a better deal than being the new HC of some crappy team mired in mediocrity.

I do kinda laugh that Schottenheimer was too "into" his OC deal with the Jets to even bother to talk to us, and now...

Edited by Hopeful

No ok maybe Chuck Nox!

Sorry Saban and Wade were better, Fewell wasn't HC long enough to make any kind of decision abt him. He did look good though but he may have inadvertently made Fitz our Starter. He didn't have much choice but if hadn't started Fitz maybe we draft a QB that could have been viable.

How do you know other teams haven't approached him, and he declined to talk to them? He came into this year as the DC of the Superbowl champs, which many would see as a better deal than being the new HC of some crappy team mired in mediocrity.

I do kinda laugh that Schottenheimer was too "into" his OC deal with the Jets to even bother to talk to us, and now...

Ur kidding right?

First off everything gets reported these days especially when teams have to comply with the Rooney rule

Second and most important why would he decline? It rarely happens and usually only does when that coach is on a team that is close to winning a championship but certainly not after they just won one which always puts co-ordinators stock at its highest

I just don't get the love affair with Fewell.

Fewell isn't Chan Gailey. In 2009 the majority of the posters on this board wanted a complete overhaul of the coaching staff. The fans got their wish. Sure, it wasn't Mike Shanahan (who said no), or Bill Cowher (see Shanahan), or Brian Schottenheimer who didn't even want to interview. It was Chan.

Fast forward three years and Chan is the fans enemy. The fans want Chan gone, and yet another complete overhaul of the coaching staff/front office. The fans now decide that they would have rather had Fewell as a head coach.

So as we the fans enter the offseason on what appears to be another disappointing season we will want another coaching change. Three years from now, well, lets just say history repeats itself.

Fewell isn't Chan Gailey. In 2009 the majority of the posters on this board wanted a complete overhaul of the coaching staff. The fans got their wish. Sure, it wasn't Mike Shanahan (who said no), or Bill Cowher (see Shanahan), or Brian Schottenheimer who didn't even want to interview. It was Chan.

Fast forward three years and Chan is the fans enemy. The fans want Chan gone, and yet another complete overhaul of the coaching staff/front office. The fans now decide that they would have rather had Fewell as a head coach.

So as we the fans enter the offseason on what appears to be another disappointing season we will want another coaching change. Three years from now, well, lets just say history repeats itself.

I don't think Chan needs to go as he has build a top-half offense, especially with two good running backs on the roster. The biggest issue has been this defense and we simply have not had the right coach to mold this defense.

The Giants have a great owner the Bills do not. The Giants have a great gm the Bills do not. The Giants have a great coaching staff. The Bills do not. Because of the giants front office and coaches their players perform up to and beyond expectations. The Bills...do not. However like anything else it starts at the top.

This sums up the entire situation. Great Post from Stealth.

Tom Coughlin is not in the same category as Chan! Chan is a retread who could not even make it as a College coach or OC in the NFL which is why he is in Buffalo! Tom is a motivator, an old school disciplinary of football! Chan should not be mentioned in the same sentence!

So you do so meaning we should do opposite of what you are saying since you can not even finish paragraph following your advice?

So you do so meaning we should do opposite of what you are saying since you can not even finish paragraph following your advice?

You got me there!

I don't think Chan needs to go as he has build a top-half offense, especially with two good running backs on the roster. The biggest issue has been this defense and we simply have not had the right coach to mold this defense.

Chan continues to prove that he is not an NFL head coach and is at best an OC