What Pisses Me Off About Bills "Fans"

Hater

I have been a Bills Fan for 36 years I'm a Loyal Fan, sure I complain & get angry but I'm a Loyal Fan So when I Hear "Fans" say

"I rather not have a team then this one" or " I wish the team would move" I get pissed because its not just the team its the city of Buffalo you are disrespecting too

If the Bills move to LA then I don't have a team to root for anymore Because I can't root for another team & if the Bill would keep the team & be the LA Bills it doesn't matter they are not the Buffalo Bills

There is a new breed of " Bills Fans" who have no loyalty, no pride, has the team been bad Yes, do we deserve better Yes but why turn on Buffalo, Why turn on the Team, put your focus on Ownership & Management they have the power to make changes to the team

If the Bills move & your still a fan of the team, to me your scrub,a sellout & you have no loyalty to Buffalo

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they move you won't be a fan?

It sounds like you are a fan of the crappy city of Buffalo moreso than you actually care about NFL football.

Some people are fans of the players, coaches, and the team itself.

To each their own.

It sounds like you are a fan of the crappy city of Buffalo moreso than you actually care about NFL football.

To each their own.

While your logic stands to reason in the short-term, those connections will dissolve over time. If the Bills were to move to LA, I might follow them for a few years, but I probably would lose interest as coaches/players left. It would then be a different team in a different city.....no thanks.

I have been a Bills Fan for 36 years I'm a Loyal Fan, sure I complain & get angry but I'm a Loyal Fan So when I Hear "Fans" say

"I rather not have a team then this one" or " I wish the team would move" I get pissed because its not just the team its the city of Buffalo you are disrespecting too

If the Bills move to LA then I don't have a team to root for anymore Because I can't root for another team & if the Bill would keep the team & be the LA Bills it doesn't matter they are not the Buffalo Bills

There is a new breed of " Bills Fans" who have no loyalty, no pride, has the team been bad Yes, do we deserve better Yes but why turn on Buffalo, Why turn on the Team, put your focus on Ownership & Management they have the power to make changes to the team

If the Bills move & your still a fan of the team, to me your scrub,a sellout & you have no loyalty to Buffalo

Don't you think the Bills are disrespecting it's fan base by going on a league leading 13 year playoff drought?

CBF

Edited by Canadian_Bills_Fan

To each their own.

A Teams Identity comes from the City its in, How many Cleveland Browns fans do you think became Baltimore Fans its not like the Raiders they never left Califoina if the Bills move to New York City thats diffrent they are stil in New York State, I like other Players on teams but I don't root for their team & If you hate Buffalo why are you a fan of the team

I really don't care about the city of Buffalo at all.

I was not born there, never lived there, do not live there now, and cannot imagine a circumstance where I will ever live there.

But the Bills are my regional team and that's why I follow them.

If they move then I would in all likelihood stop following tackle football altogether.

If I recall correctly, and if it hasn't changed, aren't a large number (approaching half) of season ticket holders from Rochester anyway?

And FWIW, I have to believe that if the Bills do move, that the city of Buffalo would retain the rights to "Bills" just like Cleveland did with "Browns".

Edited by CodeMonkey

Don't you think the Bills are disrespecting it's fan base by going on a league leading 13 year playoff drought?

CBF

I said "We Deserve Better" if the team moves & they change the name of team are fan then, if you say your a fan of the coaches & players well coaches & players change teams all the time so you just go from team to team

I'm not from WNY but to me the Bills are and always have been the Buffalo Bills. I would hate to see them move. It would also be a disaster for Buffalo and Buffalonians (is that the word?). The Bills give the region an important presence on the national stage. Hear the words "Green Bay" and what comes to mind? Cheese? Not really. More like football - and respect.

I don't mind listening to Bill fans complaining. They are a good and knowledgeable fan base that will not fail to criticize poor management and poor play. If it were otherwise all would truly be lost.

Not from Buffalo but been a bills fan all my life growing up in New Jersey. Over the years I've gone to a few Bills game and up until recently try to make 2-3 games a year on a 6+ hour drive. Football is pretty much my life when it comes to sports, which makes it all the more depressing. I'm still going to at least one game this year, but at some point regardless of where one lives. Whether it's in WNY or wherever. as Bills fans we should start demanding more than "just being happy we have a team". It's in the long term best interest for Ralph to sell the team if they're ever actually serious about winning.

To each their own.

So then what are you ?? It for sure sounds like you need to move some where with much more shallow fan base one that doesn't truly care about the character of the team , City or people that support that team .

Hey are you like a Jets fan , or live in L.A. thats kind of what it sounds like ?? Either that or your just a part of this new generation that has no kind of allegience to any one or any thing ... I'm just sayin !!

Edited by T master

Here, here!

I would guess that 99% of NFL fans root for their team because of the city they play in, except maybe raiders fans. I'm 1500 miles away. I've never lived in Buffalo. But if the Bills relocate, the NFL is dead to me.

How many of you would continue to root for this franchise if they moved?

As sports fans I think you identify a team with a certain city/region. You become accustomed to it. Even when certain teams like the Bills are perpetually bad you still sense the pride people have in their team. Despite the mockery they may face for it. They live and breath with that team. Ripping away from that is akin to losing a family member. I wouldn't support the Bills if they where to move outside of the WNY region and this being again said as someone who has no ties to that area. It just wouldn't feel right.

Here, here!

I would guess that 99% of NFL fans root for their team because of the city they play in, except maybe raiders fans. I'm 1500 miles away. I've never lived in Buffalo. But if the Bills relocate, the NFL is dead to me.

How many of you would continue to root for this franchise if they moved?

My personal experience supports your view. I'm from Montreal and was a huge Expos fan from the get go. I have not followed them since they became the Nationals.

My personal experience supports your view. I'm from Montreal and was a huge Expos fan from the get go. I have not followed them since they became the Nationals.

Never been to Montreal, but, for whatever reason (70's logo/Bills colors) they were my favorite baseball team as a kid...stopped caring about baseball, for the most part, when they left Montreal.

You seem focused on fans perceiving the team as you do. As a consumer who's MO is "you vote everyday with how you spend your money", I can't fathom blind loyalty to a corporation that merely costs money with no tangible exchange of quality services being rendered. For most fans it is a TV show for C*****'s sake. The only way to send a message to the FO is to give up your tickets and don't give them your money. If you lack the courage to cast your vote in the only way that matters then you share culpability in the final product. I gave up my season tickets based on the current trends in the NFL. The costs to the fans moving forward is undeniable, and if the Bills do in fact stay in Buffalo long enough a new stadium is inevitable and don't be surprised by a huge uptick in either ticket prices or PSLs which amount to the same thing, money the average fan simply will not have. I don't mean to lecture but you are insulting a lot of Bills fans that simply have not gotten their money's worth and are questioning if it is still worth supporting the team. In this economy moving forward, how can you question their logic?

Wholehartedly agree. It's OK if you have to step back for a while.....whether it's weeks or months or longer. I will Always be a Bill/Sabres/Buffalo fan. I realized a while ago after having lived in CA, Chicago, NY etc. I am a B-fan for life. It's not a choice. Since were ranting a little. I just can't understand when people move to a new city and that team/city becomes your Fav team.

In Chicago, I liked their teams (Cubs, Bears, Sox etc) but could never / would never forget my team.

Just my .02.... About all it's worth.

Go Buffalo!

I think most fans in general are completely frustrated by what has been perpetual mediocrity for the past 13 seasons and different people have different ways of dealing with the situation. That's why you see statements like you quote above. Some will tune out, some will voice disapproval, some anger and frustration, some will continue to believe.

I have my own way of dealing with it and at one time or another have acted out in the 4 ways I noted (there are more for sure). The fact is we all want to see a competitive and winning Bills team. What makes this most difficult is being emotionally invested in the result but having no ability to influence the outcome. Unfortunately, the only people that can act to rectify the problems with the product do not appear to be listening. Watching and analyzing the games leads you to the conclusion that something is fundamentally wrong with how this teams ownership/management/coaches approach the game, generates some credibile solutions and suggestions for improvement, but yet nothing is changed either year to year or week to week.

To each their own.

LMAO I am a fan of Buffalo, and if the team leaves the NFL is dead to me.

to each their own is correct