What Pisses Me Off About Bills "Fans"

Hater

Speculation about the Bills moving seems to me to be just negative thinking. Nobody connected to the team, including Ralph Wilson has ever implied that the team was in jeopardy of moving. Even when the team is sold, local interests will be in the bidding to retain the team in WNY. Have you ever heard the term "self fulfilling prophecy"? If people outside of the organization keep saying this enough, then it becomes accepted as a possibility and therefore is more likely to happen. I for one am not going to worry about this scenario because, number one it is beyond my control and number two, I don't have any evidence that it will ever happen.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here, here!

I would guess that 99% of NFL fans root for their team because of the city they play in, except maybe raiders fans. I'm 1500 miles away. I've never lived in Buffalo. But if the Bills relocate, the NFL is dead to me.

How many of you would continue to root for this franchise if they moved?

If they move to LA or San Diego I will support them and go to games.

LMAO I am a fan of Buffalo, and if the team leaves the NFL is dead to me.

to each their own is correct

I am fan of NFL Football and I was born in Buffalo.

If the NFL leaves Buffalo I will still be a Fan of NFL Football.

I live in the DC area now and have been scouting teams for the inevitable moving of the Buffalo Bills. (Given a long enough time 10-20-30 years this will likely happen as Buffalo Devolves into something like Mechanicville PA over that same time period) I cannot chose the Ravens as my wife's family are Brown's fans. I cannot be a Brown's fan as I am looking for an upgrade. I was eyeing the Texans a few years ago as I liked their management coaching but 1.) its Texas 2.) Now I'll look like a bandwagon hopper as they likely have built a franchise that is just starting its playoff runs. I follow Tampa as my NFC team for some reason, but 1.) Its Florida 2.) I have no personal interest in the city of Tampa and have no real passion for the team. I just root for them if there is no conflict with the Bills. I also like Josh Freeman and wish he were a Buffalo Bill instead of Aaron Maybi . . .

. . .So um what I saying . . Yeah if the Bills leave Buffalo I'm screwed. The Passion will be gone with the NFL. That may actually be a good thing for my personally as this team has brought nothing but pain to my adult life and fed me nothing but **** sandwiches.

I am fan of NFL Football and I was born in Buffalo.

If the NFL leaves Buffalo I will still be a Fan of NFL Football.

I live in the DC area now and have been scouting teams for the inevitable moving of the Buffalo Bills. (Given a long enough time 10-20-30 years this will likely happen as Buffalo Devolves into something like Mechanicville PA over that same time period) I cannot chose the Ravens as my wife's family are Brown's fans. I cannot be a Brown's fan as I am looking for an upgrade. I was eyeing the Texans a few years ago as I liked their management coaching but 1.) its Texas 2.) Now I'll look like a bandwagon hopper as they likely have built a franchise that is just starting its playoff runs. I follow Tampa as my NFC team for some reason, but 1.) Its Florida 2.) I have no personal interest in the city of Tampa and have no real passion for the team. I just root for them if there is no conflict with the Bills. I also like Josh Freeman and wish he were a Buffalo Bill instead of Aaron Maybi . . .

. . .So um what I saying . . Yeah if the Bills leave Buffalo I'm screwed. The Passion will be gone with the NFL. That may actually be a good thing for my personally as this team has brought nothing but pain to my adult life and fed me nothing but **** sandwiches.

With RGIII why not root for Washington?

I have been a Bills Fan for 36 years I'm a Loyal Fan, sure I complain & get angry but I'm a Loyal Fan So when I Hear "Fans" say

"I rather not have a team then this one" or " I wish the team would move" I get pissed because its not just the team its the city of Buffalo you are disrespecting too

If the Bills move to LA then I don't have a team to root for anymore Because I can't root for another team & if the Bill would keep the team & be the LA Bills it doesn't matter they are not the Buffalo Bills

There is a new breed of " Bills Fans" who have no loyalty, no pride, has the team been bad Yes, do we deserve better Yes but why turn on Buffalo, Why turn on the Team, put your focus on Ownership & Management they have the power to make changes to the team

If the Bills move & your still a fan of the team, to me your scrub,a sellout & you have no loyalty to Buffalo

I get what you're saying. But, very few cities other than Buffalo tie their Cities "respect" to a friggin sports franchise.

Most cities out of the rust belt have a lot of things they can take pride in other than a franchise with one of the worst all time win/loss records in the league.

Take note when the Bills play in a prime time game where the blimp shots are of. Yep Niagara Falls.

While your logic stands to reason in the short-term, those connections will dissolve over time. If the Bills were to move to LA, I might follow them for a few years, but I probably would lose interest as coaches/players left. It would then be a different team in a different city.....no thanks.

Trust me, there is no dissolution over time. I base that on The Braves fiasco. A lot of water has gone over Niagara Falls since then but even today I'll say; What NBA???

The LA story is just that, a story. IF LA ever gets an NFL team the: Raiders, Chargers, Rams, of Jags will be there long before the BILLS.

Either that or your just a part of this new generation that has no kind of allegience to any one or any thing ... I'm just sayin !!

I am so tired of people dumping on the younger generation with blanket statements like these. As if all young people are the same. That is an awfully ignorant point of view my friend.

With RGIII why not root for Washington?

1.) XXVI (I hold Grudges)

2.) Redskins is a horrible name. I cannot root for a team that uses that name. It is just wrong and not in a new age PC sense. It is just wrong.

3.) XXVI (F the Deadskins and their 1 fluke year!)

If they move you won't be a fan?

It sounds like you are a fan of the crappy city of Buffalo moreso than you actually care about NFL football.

Some people are fans of the players, coaches, and the team itself.

To each their own.

Yeah, !@#$ the cities that sports teams play in! They should just rename teams as: Team A Bills, Team B Patriots, Team C Jets.....Team DD 49ers, Team EE Cardinals, Team FF Seahawks. Then have all the teams play in random stadiums throughout the country each week.

Awesome! You are cool, bro!

I'm born and raised in Buffalo. Education, marriage and jobs led me away. I moved. If the Bills move and are good, I might as well root for them. If they suck like now, I'll prolly loosely follow the Bears or Packers.

I will say this: It's hard to sustain yesteryear's passion without some signs of a return to glory.

I followed the Buffalo Braves to San Diego to Los Angeles. They are still my team, but the local Warriors are catching up. I would assume if the Bills moved, I'd still be a fan, but after a while, I may change allegiance.

I don't know what I'd do if the Bills moved.

I've never lived in Buffalo and have only visited when going to Bills games and have no connection to the city whatsoever. I became a fan to counter my brother (seems like I did that a lot growing up.) My brother picked the Pittsburgh Steelers as his favorite team about halfway through the 1977 season. The Steelers were had won two SBs at that point and I told my brother that it was easy to pick a winner to root for and that I was going to pick a team and stick with them just because. I looked in the newspaper and found the team with the worst record in the league at the time - the Buffalo Bills. That's the team I chose. I told him I was going to root for them no matter what, even though they were horrible. I live and die by them during the NFL season and I love none of my sports teams as much as the Bills. They're a part of my identity.

I've stuck with them ever since while my brother has moved from liking the Steelers, to the Raiders, to the Colts. Changing teams doesn't make any sense to me. I've moved quite a bit but it never even occurred to me to root for the local team (which would be the Jets or Giants atm).

So would I change teams if they moved to another city? I don't know, it seems like I'd be quitting on them somehow and that's the whole reason I picked them to begin with - to pick a team and stick with them no matter what. At the same time the team I picked was the Buffalo Bills, I'm not sure they'd have the same meaning to me if they were somewhere else. Let's hope I don't have to find out what I'd do.

well if they move to Virginia Beach I will be a bigger fan! pretty selfish of me but i would take it !

thats a long trip for me up to WNY.

I second that motion. The only other team I could possibly root for would be if Hampton Roads got an NFL team. Hell, the Virginia Destroyers could probably outperform the Bills at this point.

Don't you think the Bills are disrespecting it's fan base by going on a league leading 13 year playoff drought?

CBF

Aren't we personalizing things a bit here? So what you are saying is every bad team is that way because they want to piss on their fans?

PTR

I am a HUGE Bills fan by marriage. I don't live in Buffalo and have never lived within 1500 miles of Buffalo. I have been to probably 15 or 20 Bills games at the Ralph that I have traveled in for. If the Bills were to move out of Buffalo, they'd be dead to me. I'd probably root against them. Sports teams that use a city's name in their own name and continually bilk the tax payers of said city for stadiums and tax breaks etc and then move on for a better deal are the scum in my book.

Go BILLS !!

I don't know what I'd do if the Bills moved.

I've never lived in Buffalo and have only visited when going to Bills games and have no connection to the city whatsoever. I became a fan to counter my brother (seems like I did that a lot growing up.) My brother picked the Pittsburgh Steelers as his favorite team about halfway through the 1977 season. The Steelers were had won two SBs at that point and I told my brother that it was easy to pick a winner to root for and that I was going to pick a team and stick with them just because. I looked in the newspaper and found the team with the worst record in the league at the time - the Buffalo Bills. That's the team I chose. I told him I was going to root for them no matter what, even though they were horrible. I live and die by them during the NFL season and I love none of my sports teams as much as the Bills. They're a part of my identity.

I've stuck with them ever since while my brother has moved from liking the Steelers, to the Raiders, to the Colts. Changing teams doesn't make any sense to me. I've moved quite a bit but it never even occurred to me to root for the local team (which would be the Jets or Giants atm).

So would I change teams if they moved to another city? I don't know, it seems like I'd be quitting on them somehow and that's the whole reason I picked them to begin with - to pick a team and stick with them no matter what. At the same time the team I picked was the Buffalo Bills, I'm not sure they'd have the same meaning to me if they were somewhere else. Let's hope I don't have to find out what I'd do.

And they are still the worst in the league! :wallbash: