Aaron Murray [your QB of the future]

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he will go before that just saying that's what he's worth ;)

Serious question,

Did you go to school in the mid- west or have some type of affiliation with schools in the Big 12?

I know last year you wanted Tanniehill, now Jones, so whats up with it? I also notice you like a lot of guys from mid west schools. Any reason?

If Astro is correct in his analysis I would be delighted to take Collin Klein in the 3rd round. We need a QB who is not a primadonna, but can play the position. This kid can play and despite what the pundits say about him he can throw the football accurately. I'll be interested to see how far he climbs up the rankings as the season progresses. After watching him play a couple of games this season he reminds me of, I hate to say it, Tebow with accuracy.

If Astro is correct in his analysis I would be delighted to take Collin Klein in the 3rd round. We need a QB who is not a primadonna, but can play the position. This kid can play and despite what the pundits say about him he can throw the football accurately. I'll be interested to see how far he climbs up the rankings as the season progresses. After watching him play a couple of games this season he reminds me of, I hate to say it, Tebow with accuracy.

Being in Big 12 country, I'd say his accuracy could be a huge problem in the pros. DBs would be chomping at the bit. If he can rein it in thought, he has a lot of other good qualities.

I wish he didnt play so poorly against the one good opponent he faced.

@ South Carolina 11-31 (35.5%) 109 yds, 0 td, 1 int.

What happened to the WR?

He got crushed in that game, I agree. He started getting more going toward the end of the game, but USCs defense just obliterated the UGA line. They couldn't run or pass.

Anne Murray as a QB? :blink:

What's next, Gordon Lightfoot as RB?

I bet Anne Murray can hit a post route better than Fitz.

Serious question,

Did you go to school in the mid- west or have some type of affiliation with schools in the Big 12?

I know last year you wanted Tanniehill, now Jones, so whats up with it? I also notice you like a lot of guys from mid west schools. Any reason?

Nope, Big 10 all the way.

I pick players that catch my eye by making big plays and being clutch in critical situations.

I was really down on Jones last year bc he was sucking it but this year he has returned to form and has a big arm and the Talent to be a NFL QB.

I was high on Casey Pachall (still am) but with going to rehab it's wait and see. Also Liked Tyler Bray bc he Talent is through the roof and has the best arm I've seen in years but he is not clutch at this time, he still has this and all of next year to improve but if he doesn't step it up he will go no where.

What happened to the WR?

I assume you are referring to Cordarrelle Patterson, He's only a junior and there is no indication that he is coming out yet, so I took him off my mock. He is however SUPER TALENTED and is a Big time playmaker. Plus we really need a QB and don't feel like going through another season of Fitz is our best guy.

Living down in the South I can simply ask a few of my friends who are die hard UGA fans their thoughts, & have already done so. While they like his poise and arm they feel he underperformed in big games. Now extrapolate that to New England, Miami, & the NY Jets. Personally 6'1 QBs scare me.

inconsistent :thumbdown:

I agree on Thomas. VEry disappointing this year. I expected big things. But if the Bills draft Landry Jones, I'd threw up. System QB surrounded by blue chippers and he's not even that good. He is not close to the college player Bradford was and Sam is one of the QB that Fitz is actually an upgrade over. As for Murray, I like but he is a fringe NFL starter at best.

You guys are so funny....if someone just told you there was a mystery QB who in 2.5 seasons as starter has thrown for 70+ TDs, completed over 60% of his passes, has a greater than 3:1 TD:INT ratio, plays behind a crap line, has a done all of this in the best conference in the country, you'd all be drooling.

You guys are so funny....if someone just told you there was a mystery QB who in 2.5 seasons as starter has thrown for 70+ TDs, completed over 60% of his passes, has a greater than 3:1 TD:INT ratio, plays behind a crap line, has a done all of this in the best conference in the country, you'd all be drooling.

Yeah, it's really hard to tell on Murray. I keep expecting him to be better. His numbers are good but something about him leaves me wanting more. Georgia is always ranked like preseason top 5 and seems to underachieve. Plus, he seems to come up small in big games. And as someone mentioned, 6-1 is one of those heights where not a lot of guys succeed at in the NFL.

I'm not counting him out and like him better than a guy like Landry Jones, but he's not exactly a guy I think will take us to the next level. JMO.

Yeah, it's really hard to tell on Murray. I keep expecting him to be better. His numbers are good but something about him leaves me wanting more. Georgia is always ranked like preseason top 5 and seems to underachieve. Plus, he seems to come up small in big games. And as someone mentioned, 6-1 is one of those heights where not a lot of guys succeed at in the NFL.

I'm not counting him out and like him better than a guy like Landry Jones, but he's not exactly a guy I think will take us to the next level. JMO.

I understand your view....but keep in mind that there is a reason why Matty Stafford had no big wins as UGA QB, no "statement" moments, no memorable throws....none of that....yet he's a successful starter in the NFL. UGA has underachieved as a team since Mark Richt took over. I hate to say that, cause I like coach a lot, but it's true. It's not just the QBs who come up short in big games, it's the team as a whole....Richt can't win against top rated teams...it's been his story for the last decade and it doesn't matter who is behind center. Murray is putting up FAR better numbers than Stafford did, and he's doing it despite his inept coaching and surrounding cast.

From the Bleacher report................

Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images

Pick: Manti Te'o, Linebacker, Notre Dame

The Buffalo Bills defense has talent but appears to lack leadership. Notre Dame’s Manti Te’o is the type of player that can step in and help in that area. Te’o is an aggressive, smart and tough middle linebacker prospect. His play is one of the main reasons Notre Dame is in contention for the National Title

From the Bleacher report................

Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images

Pick: Manti Te'o, Linebacker, Notre Dame

The Buffalo Bills defense has talent but appears to lack leadership. Notre Dame’s Manti Te’o is the type of player that can step in and help in that area. Te’o is an aggressive, smart and tough middle linebacker prospect. His play is one of the main reasons Notre Dame is in contention for the National Title

Love it....I'm all about the front 7. Pick this guy first, then Murray in the 2nd. Championship!