Aaron Murray [your QB of the future]

From the Bleacher report................

Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images

Pick: Manti Te'o, Linebacker, Notre Dame

The Buffalo Bills defense has talent but appears to lack leadership. Notre Dame’s Manti Te’o is the type of player that can step in and help in that area. Te’o is an aggressive, smart and tough middle linebacker prospect. His play is one of the main reasons Notre Dame is in contention for the National Title

I'm all for this. Can he chuck the ball greater than 20 yards?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree on Thomas. VEry disappointing this year. I expected big things. But if the Bills draft Landry Jones, I'd threw up. System QB surrounded by blue chippers and he's not even that good. He is not close to the college player Bradford was and Sam is one of the QB that Fitz is actually an upgrade over. As for Murray, I like but he is a fringe NFL starter at best.

Lot of System QBs in the league these days, he has the size and talent and is worth a try.

You guys are so funny....if someone just told you there was a mystery QB who in 2.5 seasons as starter has thrown for 70+ TDs, completed over 60% of his passes, has a greater than 3:1 TD:INT ratio, plays behind a crap line, has a done all of this in the best conference in the country, you'd all be drooling.

We are smurf averse.

From the Bleacher report................

Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images

Pick: Manti Te'o, Linebacker, Notre Dame

The Buffalo Bills defense has talent but appears to lack leadership. Notre Dame’s Manti Te’o is the type of player that can step in and help in that area. Te’o is an aggressive, smart and tough middle linebacker prospect. His play is one of the main reasons Notre Dame is in contention for the National Title

And Jones puts 5 TDs on them :w00t:

Would you take him over Fitz?

Yes, Fitz is too inconsistent and he's a smurf too, but I think Murry would be better, we have got to try someone. all BS abt not having the right QB to draft at the slot in we are in is so misguided. Nix better realize QB is the most important position and you should draft one every year til one pans out. He thinks we should draft two CBs every year which is overkill, he better get it together or he is out of here. We could have traded up for Tannehill, or drafted Osweiler, Foles or Wilson who would all be better than Fitz sooner or latter.

He's inconsistent, but improving. In each of the early weeks, vs Boise, LSU, SC and MSU, Murray had a pick or pick 6, a fumble or

caused a fumble by a bad handoff. Then in Week 5, 4TD with a whopping 11+ yards per attempt

Don't the Bills already hv a guy like that?

Murray is showcasing all of his flaws today: he's inaccurate, he stares down his receivers, he double and triple clutches the ball before throws when he gets flustered, he is a terrible play action passer, and he forces balls into spaces he has no business trying to jam them into.

Murray proving What I and many others already knew. I really don't think this kid will make it as an NFL QB. He's a 5th rounder at best to me.

LOL, yeah, you're a genius.

Big UGA fan here, watching the first half of this game is like watching Fitz.

Murray seems very tight to be playing on the big stage...we do not need another qb that can not handle pressure!!

You're right....we don't. We need a winner. Someone who can overcome the worst start they've ever had, and then make a play when it's all on the line to win the game. I present to you - Mr Aaron Murray.

(and jarvis jones and the UGA defense)

LOL, yeah, you're a genius.

You're right....we don't. We need a winner. Someone who can overcome the worst start they've ever had, and then make a play when it's all on the line to win the game. I present to you - Mr Aaron Murray.

(and jarvis jones and the UGA defense)

Dude, seriously, the D finally played like the pre-season D it was hyped as.

And Malcolm Mitchell made that finally play. Yes Murray threw him the ball but come one. If Richt and Bobo had a clue they would have just run the dang ball down UF throat.

I just hope the Bills can do what UGA just did on D when they play again. Kinda will be a similar scenario...no one will be giving Buffalo a chance, because Buffalos D has been horrible. Here is hoping next Sunday Buffalo can put together he same type of showing the Dawgs did today!!!

Dude, seriously, the D finally played like the pre-season D it was hyped as.

And Malcolm Mitchell made that finally play. Yes Murray threw him the ball but come one. If Richt and Bobo had a clue they would have just run the dang ball down UF throat.

I just hope the Bills can do what UGA just did on D when they play again. Kinda will be a similar scenario...no one will be giving Buffalo a chance, because Buffalos D has been horrible. Here is hoping next Sunday Buffalo can put together he same type of showing the Dawgs did today!!!

Totally disagree with you. The kid is the most prolific JUNIOR in UGA history...he's still a kid! He made a clutch throw when it counted and Mitchell took it to the house. That's what winners do. Some of you guys who are so quick to jump on this kid the minute he has a bad game, pretending like the entirety of his resume is completely meaningless, are something else... Guess what, EVERY QB HAS BAD GAMES! I don't care if you're talking about Tom Brady, Ryan Fitzpatrick, or anyone in between. Seeing the kid struggle for 3 quarters and using that as an opportunity to make these grand statements about how some of you JUST KNEW IT!!! LOOK, SEE, HE SUCKS!! C'mon....poor form, brother. The SEC is by FAR the best conference in the country, and the Gators were ranked #2 for a reason. This is a HUGE win and Murray came up huge when it mattered most. That's the mark of a winner.

Totally disagree with you. The kid is the most prolific JUNIOR in UGA history...he's still a kid! He made a clutch throw when it counted and Mitchell took it to the house. That's what winners do. Some of you guys who are so quick to jump on this kid the minute he has a bad game, pretending like the entirety of his resume is completely meaningless, are something else... Guess what, EVERY QB HAS BAD GAMES! I don't care if you're talking about Tom Brady, Ryan Fitzpatrick, or anyone in between. Seeing the kid struggle for 3 quarters and using that as an opportunity to make these grand statements about how some of you JUST KNEW IT!!! LOOK, SEE, HE SUCKS!! C'mon....poor form, brother. The SEC is by FAR the best conference in the country, and the Gators were ranked #2 for a reason. This is a HUGE win and Murray came up huge when it mattered most. That's the mark of a winner.

I am not saying he sucks. never once did i. But he has some really horrible games the past two seasons when it counted.

I agree 100% about the SEC being the toughest confrence!

he is also 21 years old about to be 22. So i am not sure he is a 'kid'. This is his third year starting. yes he is still in college and he will get better. But usually a guy being a 'gamer' is there no matter what.

And i am sorry we can agree to disagree on the Mitchell play, but i stand pat- Mitchell deserves most of the credit for that TD.

Yes, Fitz is too inconsistent and he's a smurf too, but I think Murry would be better, we have got to try someone. all BS abt not having the right QB to draft at the slot in we are in is so misguided. Nix better realize QB is the most important position and you should draft one every year til one pans out. He thinks we should draft two CBs every year which is overkill, he better get it together or he is out of here. We could have traded up for Tannehill, or drafted Osweiler, Foles or Wilson who would all be better than Fitz sooner or latter.

I agree totally. I dont remember if it was the former Green Bay GM or whoever, but I remember a guy I respected saying that you should ALWAYS take a QB at some point in the draft. The fact that we haven't taken ANY, like you said, is a joke man. I wouldn't be surprised if Foles is the starter in Philly by the end of the season. He may be a total bust, but he's sure show some flashes and i know the birds are very high on the kid. I'd love to have a guy on our roster that we're developing. Our current QB situation makes zero sense to me.

I am not saying he sucks. never once did i. But he has some really horrible games the past two seasons when it counted.

I agree 100% about the SEC being the toughest confrence!

he is also 21 years old about to be 22. So i am not sure he is a 'kid'. This is his third year starting. yes he is still in college and he will get better. But usually a guy being a 'gamer' is there no matter what.

And i am sorry we can agree to disagree on the Mitchell play, but i stand pat- Mitchell deserves most of the credit for that TD.

He's only half way through his 3rd year....anyone who is going to put him in a box based on that is just plain wrong, brother....these kids still improve and grow, and the more big games he plays in the better. I don't mean you necessarily, but for several people to be jumping all over the guy after the first few quarters of a crappy performance proclaiming the TRUE Andrew Murray to be revealing himself, and that they just KNEW it all along....come on lol...

You guys can crap on him all you want, but I'd go to bat with him any day. You show me a QB who doesn't crap the bed from time to time and I'll show you a unicorn.