Cam Newton [I've heard of him, get 'er done]

major

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd trade for him if we sent Carolina a ham sandwich. The guy had one freaking good year. Vince Young had two good years. TJax had one good year...Scott Mitchell, Mark Rypein, Derek Anderson, Tommy Maddox, Rick Meir, Jay Fiedler, Billy Joe Hobert, Elvis Grbac, Tim Couch, Cade McNown, Jeff George, Trent Edward, JP Losman, Lienert, Harrington, Sanchez... I would take almost any one of those QB's over Cam freaking Newton. The guy is a bust, just wait.

lol..Cam struggles and the team sucks, not Cam. I wish we were that "understanding" with some players on this team...He's got a lot more talent on that offense than some of these other QB's around the league (Tannehill/Luck/RGIII).

Come to Carolina. Panthers fans are getting very upset with this little diva. Talked to my boss today who drives 75 minutes a game/season ticket holder. Said he doesn't understand why there are so many problems with this team, Newton has no excuse, and that the GM firing was overdue but a scapegoat. Panthers fans are not that understanding. The team is ready to implode, too. If they had any type of backup, he'd be starting by now.

I'd trade for him if we sent Carolina a ham sandwich. The guy had one freaking good year. Vince Young had two good years. TJax had one good year...Scott Mitchell, Mark Rypein, Derek Anderson, Tommy Maddox, Rick Meir, Jay Fiedler, Billy Joe Hobert, Elvis Grbac, Tim Couch, Cade McNown, Jeff George, Trent Edward, JP Losman, Lienert, Harrington, Sanchez... I would take almost any one of those QB's over Cam freaking Newton. The guy is a bust, just wait.

Come to Carolina. Panthers fans are getting very upset with this little diva. Talked to my boss today who drives 75 minutes a game/season ticket holder. Said he doesn't understand why there are so many problems with this team, Newton has no excuse, and that the GM firing was overdue but a scapegoat. Panthers fans are not that understanding. The team is ready to implode, too. If they had any type of backup, he'd be starting by now.

I believe it man. I believe it for sure. I don't care a hoot about the panthers, and it PAINS me watching a Cam press conference or his superman antics on the field.

The only way we can get Cam is if we lose the rest of our gms and we pick in the top 2 of next yrs draft so the Panthers can take Barkley or Smith and we would have to give them a future 1 maybe even 2 firsts.

Why do that though when we could of just gave up the house for RGIII last draft, That is were Buddy dropped the ball. imagine what RGIIII can do in Gaileys system. He is taylor made for Gaileys system. I mean we average close to 30 a gm with Fitz. With RGIII we can average close to 35-40 a gm

This board is funny. I wonder if you can put ANY QB out there that won't be bashed by some on this board.

"The Bills should trade for Brady."

"No we don't want him. He stinks. He's past his prime and won't be any good without Belichick" or whatever.

Anyway, it's all fantasy of course as Carolina will absolutely not part with Newton unless he has finally and definitively shown that he can't get it done several seasons from now.

This board is funny. I wonder if you can put ANY QB out there that won't be bashed by some on this board.

"No we don't want him. He stinks. He's past his prime and won't be any good without Belichick" or whatever.

Anyway, it's all fantasy of course as Carolina will absolutely not part with Newton unless he has finally and definitively shown that he can't get it done several seasons from now.

Are you comparing Cam to Marcia?

PTR

Are you comparing Cam to Marcia?

PTR

he must be out of his mind. Newton was a first round pick, he was the best college player, number 1 overall, he has so much potential. We need a qb we can count on for years. Tom Brady is like 30.

Na. I'd rather draft a QB with a new head coach. Gailey would ruin this team trying to do all sorts of dumb stuff if he had Cam as the QB. And Cam could be on the downside, or he could be pulling a Drew Brees, but I'd rather get one of the top 3 QB's in the draft.

Cam Newton could throw slant passes a lot better than Fitz. He would be great here.

PS I would also trade for Clausen at this point.

This is what I think we should do. Trade for a QB like Clausen, a backup on a team with some potential. The cost could be relatively low (3rd or lower). Then have Rookie, trade QB, and Jackson next year. See who comes out the winner.

Edited by RyanC883

Man hell F**k yea.. What kinda a question???... I swear if anyone of you would rather have the doo-doo we have at qb you gotta be the (no offense with all do respect) stupidest person on the planet... The only way you'd wanna keep him is because you like him as a person not taking into affect THIS IS FOOTBALL not a beauty pageant.

How bout these

"Bills should trade for Drew Brews"

"No cus of that stupid birthmark on his face"

"Bills should trade for Aaron Rogers"

"No cuz of that stupid discount double check celebration how selfish of him to celebrate a touchdown"

Nobody is gonna be better than the doo-doo we have. People want him to win so bad because they like him personally they are blinded by how bad he is...

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

lol..Cam struggles and the team sucks, not Cam. I wish we were that "understanding" with some players on this team...He's got a lot more talent on that offense than some of these other QB's around the league (Tannehill/Luck/RGIII).

I also thought - according to people on this board - that when a team gets a "franchise QB" you instantly go 10-6/11-5 and earn a first-class ticket to the playoffs?

..love watching his impending downfall. The clown is more concerned about doing his superman celebration than he is about the results of the game.

I wouldn't trade a 1st round pick for that mental case. 100x's more talented than VY and probably just as unstable. No thanks.

protect fitz at all costs huh?

Cam has been getting alot of heat from the media but they fail to realize he got the pressure of the world on him, The Panther have put him in a Savor role since the first day he got is going to struggle yes he has got only one season under is belt give him time people accept too much right away

Would I trade for him YES I give two #1 & throw in Fred Jackson, Aaron Williams & Shitpatrick as a bonus because the front office will just waste those picks on another DB's & give away some our least productive player is a plus

Yes.

Carolina coaching is worse than ours. I'm convinced Rivera sees a different team than the one he has. They don't use their two talented running backs and their scheme doesn't play to Newton's or Steve Smith's strengths as football players.

Carolina would set back the franchise years by trading the player versus finding new coaches.

Newton in enlightened coaching hands, would be an excellent NFL player.

Edited by dpberr