Could the Raiders Get Jairus Byrd from Bills?

ALF

Raiders have lots of speedy wr's that get open deep. Seems like a perfect compliment to the offense and the QB.

Everything... Everything done transactionaly from this point on needs to be about getting a real qb.

Deep??? WR???

Have you seen a game in the last several years?

What QB is throing deep on our team?

In general, I am against trading our decent players for draft picks. We should always try to keep our own good players because how many corners have we drafted in first round? We are still trying to replace Nate Clements. Good players is hard to come by. You can spend $100M but still doesn't guarantee you will get an impact free agent. We as fans should be careful when we say trade this guy, trade that guy.

they would probably give us a first rounder so i'd take it

if we could walk with a qb and lb in first round next year we would look much better

I don't think the bills could get a first round pick for a guy who will be a free agent at the end of the year. The days of the raiders giving out first round picks is over. I bet they could get a 3rd, but I would rather they keep him and place the franchise tag on him. The franchise tag is very reasonable for a safety.

If they trade Byrd, I'd be ticked. Buddy has said many, many times, you draft your own, you develop them, you keep your own and add in FA's occasionally as they don't always pan out (see M. Williams!! (thus far)). Byrd is a high character player who in year one showed us he had a nose for the ball but couldn't tackle. He worked on that and has shown he is a very good all around safety, still a ballhawk and now a great tackler and supports run defense too - approaching pro bowler level.

I have no idea what the problem is on the defense, it's definitely NOT one guy. If I hear one more guy say the problem with the run-D is our "FITS" . . . I'll scream. These guys are missing their assignments on so many plays to the point this defense will go down in NFL history as the worst ever????? UnBilleveable!

With players like our front 4 and the DB's (who I believe are pretty good) - I just don't understand. :bag:

I do believe our LB's suck. If I understand Wanny's D at all, the DL are supposed to pressure the QB (though they do not do so consistently) and the LB's are supposed to make the tackles - and they aren't, they are falling to the DB's. We need some serious LB's, Barnett is a #3, yet the Bills act like he's a #1, he may be better - but it would require a couple of other studs out there with them.