How come there was no 2 point conversion attempt?

gailey plays hunches, not odds. if his hunches produced wins more often than losses, all would be forgiven. but they don't. heck, it rarely works in checkers and he's trying to play chess against folks like belichik. it's becoming more and more obvious (not that it wasn't in his first press conference as the bills coach), he's just not very bright.

Yea, I guess quality teams whose goal is to win the SB would go for two to tie rather than be down going into the half.

Harbaugh would have gone for it.

Same with Belicheat.

Not the bills though.

Exactly, playing scared and conservative does not win big games. I understand going for one when it was 28-26 (then 28-27), but when we went ahead 33-28, both a missed 2 pointer or a one pointer puts the Titans in a position to take the lead on a touchdown. A 2 pointer made is the only reasonable assurance of having a tie should there be an unanswered Titan TD. Plus, if Gailey is so confident in FitzP, he should've had no problem going for 2. If he didn't have confidence in FitzP to get 2, then why doesn't he have a viable #2 QB. Poor coaching and strategizing all around. The best course of action this bye week is for Gailey and Wannie to go. Heck, get Scotty Bowman to fill in.

As Schopp said on the postgame, coaches/announcers seem to think the pat is worth 5pts and the 2pter is worth 6. They don't seem to understand that all points aren't equal.

The difference between -1 and -2 is mostly a figment of people like Jim Nantz's imagination. "Ya know Phil if the +2 team scores they're up 9 and it's a 2possession game!".

The flaw in this thinking is rather obvious - which is that an 8pt game is 1possession only if your team can make a 2pt conversion - a conversion that isn't magically more likely to be converted when there is less time on the clock.

Edited by BuffOrange

It's because our coach is a loser. Our QB.....a loser. When you are good at losing, why change things up. If Wannstedt isn't fired tomorrow, Chan has no cajones.

Not only does Chan not have any cajones, he's throwing the towel in for the season. This should be the GM's call. Gailey should be in the GM's office right now explaining how and when this will turnaround. Sadly, they've both been in bed probably for hours already.

Not going for two is a coach who has little faith in his quarterback. Seven games in and the season is flushed, a good deal of blame goes to every single coach..

Here is why.....

Had the TD made the score 13-7 and it was a big defensive game where the offenses werent doing much at all...then you kick the XP and make it 13-7 in late in the third because the feeling was its highly more likely the other team can drive and get 2 FGs than get a TD.

In this game teams was scoring alot. The other team was getting TDs. You needed to go for 2 to make it a 7 pt game at that point. At that point you really should assume you will only get 2 more possessions of the ball.

This also goes back to the idea of going for it on 4th down in odd places. The team behind being down 6 will have the viewpoint they need a TD not 2 FGs (which would mean both drives go for FGs vs 1 for a TD). If you stop them on the first drive they will be going for it on the second drive and making it 4 downs for a first.

The coach also should know since they were up by 6 they would play safe and burn the clock so the likelihood of them adding more points was unlikely.

since in this game the team has regularly been able to drive the ball down the field you protect yourself. Whats to lose. If you fail and they go for a TD you still need a FG if you kicked the XP or not.

Did the INT matter.....not really much. All it meant the started their drive a few plays farther down the field. Since they score with about a minute left they easily could have gotten that point on the field in a minute.

Fitz was not to blame for this loss. Having TJ the QB or whomever wouldnt have mattered.

the other issue when the Bills got the ball up 6 they should be playing to go up by two scores...not get all conservative and feel like they want to keep the clock rolling and burn the clock.

How about calling a timeout too when they were inside the twenty, incase they did score which they did as we could of had more time for a field goal but this ship is sinking fast , but shows you chan is not the man and he is suited best to be a OC ..........but no head coach but i do like him but not making game decisions!

Here is why.....

Had the TD made the score 13-7 and it was a big defensive game where the offenses werent doing much at all...then you kick the XP and make it 13-7 in late in the third because the feeling was its highly more likely the other team can drive and get 2 FGs than get a TD.

In this game teams was scoring alot. The other team was getting TDs. You needed to go for 2 to make it a 7 pt game at that point. At that point you really should assume you will only get 2 more possessions of the ball.

This also goes back to the idea of going for it on 4th down in odd places. The team behind being down 6 will have the viewpoint they need a TD not 2 FGs (which would mean both drives go for FGs vs 1 for a TD). If you stop them on the first drive they will be going for it on the second drive and making it 4 downs for a first.

The coach also should know since they were up by 6 they would play safe and burn the clock so the likelihood of them adding more points was unlikely.

since in this game the team has regularly been able to drive the ball down the field you protect yourself. Whats to lose. If you fail and they go for a TD you still need a FG if you kicked the XP or not.

Did the INT matter.....not really much. All it meant the started their drive a few plays farther down the field. Since they score with about a minute left they easily could have gotten that point on the field in a minute.

Fitz was not to blame for this loss. Having TJ the QB or whomever wouldnt have mattered.

the other issue when the Bills got the ball up 6 they should be playing to go up by two scores...not get all conservative and feel like they want to keep the clock rolling and burn the clock.

Yep

Going for the 2 was a no brainer. I agree. I hated what Gailey said about it as it didn't really make much sense. The fumble looked close, you have to challenge it, if for no other reason than those of us who saw the ball was in bounds get to say "screwed by the refs again! Bring back the replacements!" (seriously it looked in in both the play and the replay, wish I had the 22 view thing so I could watch it over and over lol and keep my blood pressure higher than it already is).

Edited by bowery4

It's because our coach is a loser. Our QB.....a loser. When you are good at losing, why change things up. If Wannstedt isn't fired tomorrow, Chan has no cajones.

You mean Nix has no cajones. Chan should be gone also. Let the Special Teams coach call the plays, or perhaps Fitz can coach since he can't throw anymore. But Chan is awful.

Humm, Steelers just did a 2 point c

onversion. Then again, Chan is a much better coach than Tomlin.

I read this morning that Ben R wiaved the extra point team off of the field and then went for two, he apparently

waived Tomlin off as well, why can't Fitz do that? I cannot stomache this coaching staff any longer, confident

teams try to tie the game, losers play conservatively.I mean this is a very fragile team physcologically, and now

we are finished.

actually trying to follow your logic and not sure when you are referring to,

correct me if I am wrong

1) Bills were down 28 -27 a missed two pointer makes them down by 2, in this scenario who cares if you are down by 2 or 1

2) Bills kick the extra point near the end of the game and are up by 6 if they miss the point conversion they are up by 5 again who cares if you are by 5 or 6

You are 100% right.

Gailly never considered the option...

By the way, the coach that follows the pattern of the card the most is Belicheat....just sayin'

How many wins does he have?

Regardless of the ancillary math, the fact of the matter is 2 points with the first TD would have tied the effin game regardless of what happens after. Tied the game! To not take the chance because you might not make it and be down by 2 instead of 1 is a loser's mentality!