NFL's Players Poll: Most Underrated

What a lame list. Maurice Jones-Drew, Andre Johnson, Eli Manning, Matt Forte, Wes Welker, Justin Smith, Haloti Ngata? All these players are considered superstars, how are they possibly underrated? Should they be considered super-duper-pooper stars?

Agreed, how are most of these players underrated? Jason Witten is on the list for crying out loud!

Lance Moore, London Fletcher, Navarro Bowman & Fred Jackson all make sense, the rest of this list is a joke.

Edited by Mark Vader

Wait-I get most of my Bills news here. I thought he was old and broken down and we need to get a 4th for him while we still can get anything? And his presence was hampering CJ's development?

Incredible how many on here have turned on him in the short span of a year.

Yea, Fred blows, and is now injury prone. LOL. He still is the Bills offense.He should be 100% after the bye. He will turn in some big games, and then the cry's for league MVP will start by the same who want to trade him today.

Having a player like him at the bargain price he's paid (even after his extension) is a huge plus. Fred has shown during his time in B-Lo that he leads by his play and example. Go Fred!!!

Maybe next year there will be a head coach here that can use both Fred and CJ and build a dominating run game.

It's certainly the start of a troubling pattern and bears watching -- particularly for the RB upon whom you rely to go inside and get tough yards.

Baloney.

Im confused by the others in the top 5. How are perenial pro bowlers who are always talked about as the best at their positions, under rated? I was expecting more Lanch Moores and Navarro Bowmans on the list.

PS: Fletcher is #6, we could still use him on this team!

And WTF is with slideshows these days? They blow.

I think they just tried to find guys that were top 5-10 at their positions but didn't get a lot of sports center coverage. Be it due to a bad team, or being "second tier" on a good team or whatever reason.

Quick: best ravens defensive player?

Ngata might be the best honestly, but reed, Lewis and Suggs will be named first 10 times out of 10, understandably... But as 4th on his own team by fan perception he rarely gets that elite attention. I think he gets treated more like the 4th best player on that D than possibly a top 10 player nationally on either side of the ball.

Quick: best 49er?

How many before smith?

Best d lineman?

How long til smith or ngata come out of your mouth?

Best back? I know we hear a more than a few names ahead of mjd even though he might even be #1

These guys get accolades but few are really thought of in that top tier in media attention. There not names that are at the tip of your tongue even though they play as well or better than the big guys.

This list is a joke. A real underrated list would be (not comprehensively): Brandon Browner, Richard Sherman, Chris Clemons, Daryl Washington, Robert Quinn, Jason Jones, Geno Atkins, Duane Brown, Calais Campbell, Andy Levitre, Derek Cox, just to name a few. Note how many NFC West players there are; it's true that there's an East Coast media bias.

Nobody here agrees that Fred is underrated. He has been his entire career. Nobody says he sucks, just that as a RB coming off a major leg injury and being in the wrong side of 30 can start becoming a problem. It's a fact that he's had 2 injuries that have kept him out of games in less than a year. It's true that he's over 30 years old. It's true that he has fumbled more in his short time this season than we can remember. It is true that CJ is leading the league in YPC at over 7. That's an astronomical number and shouldn't be ignored. I get the whole argument that he can't be a full time 20+ carries back but until we try we will never know. What happens if hebcan be that guy and he's still getting 5+ YPC? I get the argument that Fred is not as worn as most backs at 30+. Somewhere I heard a good quote "it's not the amount of miles on the car, it's how they were put on" really sticks to me. Freds miles haven't been many, but man have they been hard. in the end, he is underrated. He's a great back. I still want him here, but I still want CJ to be the features back with Fred getting less carries in more serious situations like goal line maybe, or 3rd downs. That's all.