Fitz or Romo?

I would love to have Romo. I think 5 other teams would love to have Romo too.

And if I had to pick my poison, probably Gabbert, just based on his age.

No doubt people would want a rookie over Romo, but I don't think that was what the OP was asking. Just imagine a QB who could even potentially throw over 20 years. The things we take for granted.... Besides, age matters less with QBs. Even Jeff George is still playing.

Who the hell would want a rookie over Romo!?!?! Romo and the cowboys could easily win the SB this year. What teams with rookie QBs could say that?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the hell would want a rookie over Romo!?!?! Romo and the cowboys could easily win the SB this year. What teams with rookie QBs could say that?

So the 2-3 (and last place) Cowboys can easily win a SB but the 4-2 Seahawks and Wilson or 3-3 Fins with Tannehill (aren't the Bills 3-3?) can't? Good point. Romo is definitely a better QB than Fitz but he chokes way too often for my tastes.

Screw other team's re-treads. Just draft a guy in the 1st round.

Guess who has more interceptions this season

And has less touchdowns. So if Fitz has more tds and less ints than Romo and he is the worst QB ever, where does Tony rank?

I'd take Fitzpatrick. Romo has never won anything, and while Fitz hasn't either at least he's 2.5 years younger. If we upgrade the QB position I'd like it to be a rookie who can be the franchise guy for a decade or more.

Honest question...do you think Ryan Fitzpatrick will be a #1 starting QB in the NFL in 2.5 years? I have serious doubts...

So the 2-3 (and last place) Cowboys can easily win a SB but the 4-2 Seahawks and Wilson or 3-3 Fins with Tannehill (aren't the Bills 3-3?) can't? Good point. Romo is definitely a better QB than Fitz but he chokes way too often for my tastes.

Screw other team's re-treads. Just draft a guy in the 1st round.

And has less touchdowns. So if Fitz has more tds and less ints than Romo and he is the worst QB ever, where does Tony rank?

Romo - 7th in completion percentage.

Fitz - 27th in completion percentage.

Romo - 7th in completion percentage.

Fitz - 27th in completion percentage.

Concede Romo is better but personally, I'd rather have more tds and less ints than the stat Trent Edwards was awesome at (completion %). And Fitz has been bad, but I'd say the Cowboys have a slightly better receving core.

Concede Romo is better but personally, I'd rather have more tds and less ints than the stat Trent Edwards was awesome at (completion %). And Fitz has been bad, but I'd say the Cowboys have a slightly better receving core.

Funny you bring Trent up. Fitz has a lesser YPA then Captin Checkdown did. Scary thought. I would have to take Romo in this case, but like you said just draft a QB in Rd 1.

Funny you bring Trent up. Fitz has a lesser YPA then Captin Checkdown did. Scary thought. I would have to take Romo in this case, but like you said just draft a QB in Rd 1.

Yeah, that's my main point. I think Romo is a good QB who obviously is better than Fitz but IMO, he will never be elite. He will have good to great games and then do braindead stuff in big spots. I'm sick of castoffs (Bledsoe, RJ, Holcomb, etc). Let's get a legit 1st round talent at QB for once (not a guy like JP Losman). I'd rather have them go all in and whiff then just sit on our hands again.

This isn't as easy as it seems. Yes romo is a better qb in every way physically, better mobility, better arm, more accurate.... He doesn't have the ivy league background for Chans "complex" offense, which consists of running out of shotgun and Donald jones blocking from the fullback spot.

Also romo has shown a bad pattern of decision making, like Jessica Simpson....meanwhile fitz grows much thicker and fuller beards.

Ultimately I would take whichever one packages better in a trade deal to get RG3 or Luck.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Seriously? I mean, they're not mathematically out of it or anything, but the Cowboys are actually worse than we are on offense in PPG; Romo is struggling and has 9 INTs already (that would be one more than Fitz, for those who've forgotten) putting him right next to Fitz for QBR, and while not absolutely take-out-the-garbage awful on D like we are, their bottom-of-the-middle D isn't making up for their O. It's not that they couldn't win the Superbowl but easily? Nah.

I'd take Romo over Fitz in a heartbeat, in a hypothetical sense, because of his track record - I think the chances he "snaps out of it" are higher and his history is of a much better QB. But if we're giving up serious draft choices and salary cap, it makes a lot more sense to go for a talented rookie who could be developed as the Franchise guy.

Besides, I thought drafting MagicalFranchiseQB was all a team needed to instantly succeed in the NFL :devil:

Romo's suckage is different than Fitz's suckage, so I really can't decide but I know he has had better teams/receivers around him his whole career. They are both mid-tier qb's on good days and crapistic worst in the league on bad ones (which Romo has less of I would say partly because of the team around him), so how about neither.

At least, I still like Ryan as a person (although at this point I would have benched him for Thigpen, yes for Thigpen at least for a week anyway), I think of Romo as kind of like Trent personality wise.

Really wish the light that went out after the hit by Fletcher would go back on but I have little hope that is going to happen. Our team has a really bad habit of ruining QBs who have potential no matter who the coaches are. I really can't figure that out, I thought this staff was different and had faith before the last couple of weeks.

At least, I still like Ryan as a person (although at this point I would have benched him for Thigpen, yes for Thigpen at least for a week anyway),

Bowery, you know I loves you, but you also know you can't practically speaking do that to a vet, right? You can bench them for illness or injury, or to give them a rest in a meaningless game at the end of the season. You can bench a rook - "it's OK, bub, take a little time to watch and learn and we'll try again when you catch your breath".

Once you bench a vet for performance, it's hard to go back. You bench him, practically speaking he's done.

Passer rankings -

19 Tony Romo, 126 out of 187, 67.4% 1,409 yds, 7.54 ypp, 7 TD's, 9 INT's, 9 sacks

24 Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB BUF 106 out of 183, 57.9 % 1,210 yds, 6.61 ypp, 12 TD's, 8 INT's, 7 sacks

Passing yards can mean - you don't have a run offense to depend on and or you are always playing catch up.

hmmm Brady sacked 13 times