Everyone stop by and say something nice about Mckelvin

One play in Leodis' career stands out to me as to his desire and gutsiness.

It was last year vs the Titans. He was back for a punt or KO, don't remember. But the kick was short and some other Bill picked it up and started running with it. Leodis ran past the ball carrier and completely pummeled a Titan Line Backer that had to out wiegh him by at least 50lbs. Leodis went back to the bench, but the Titan LB didn't get up. The training staff had to come over and help him up.

That in addition to all the other great plays he's made.

I also think he's a much better DB than given credit for here on TBD. Light years better than Williams. And to my way of thinking should be playing at CB a lot more. Part of the reason for our success on D last week I believe was more Leodis at CB and less of Aaron Williams.

I hope he gets re signed in the off season. We have to keep the talent we do have.

I will always remember him for brining the kickoff out of the endzone and fumbling in the 4th quarter with a 11 point lead against the Pats on Monday night a few years ago.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big fan of leodis. I've gotten over the fact that he's a bust. He wasn't worthy of a first rd pick and is a serious liability in coverage at times. I love him as a return man. He's a dynamic return man and can really help our team on special teams. I doubt he resigns here because I'm sure he wants to play some CB, not just return kicks and punts....but I'd be happy if he returns. He's fun to watch with the ball in his hands. Just not so much with the ball being thrown at him.

Any notion McKelvin is playing well "because it's a contract year" is complete hooey. The guy has always tried hard, and as has been noted many times, he is rarely "toasted" in coverage. If the guy had even 50% of Revis' ball skills, he'd be considered a shutdown corner.

I hope Leodis continues his resurgence, and the Bills re-sign him after the season.

• 1 month later...

He could have been really great if he had any football sense at all.

100% correct.

If Leodis had any vision, let alone a brain, he might have been the best return man ever. He is just SOOO fast, and does have moves. To his big time credit, he now clutches te football.

As a corner, he was worthy of a 4th or 5th round pick. He was drafted at #11 buy the idiotic, loser duo of Levy/Jauron. No surprise there. The thing to watch now is whether or not Nix is stupid enough to draft another 1st round corner. Sadly, no amount of stupidity would really shock me at this point.

Edited by Bill from NYC

100% correct.

If Leodis had any vision, let alone a brain, he might have been the best return man ever. He is just SOOO fast, and does have moves. To his big time credit, he now clutches te football.

As a corner, he was worthy of a 4th or 5th round pick. He was drafted at #11 buy the idiotic, loser duo of Levy/Jauron. No surprise there. The thing to watch now is whether or not Nix is stupid enough to draft another 1st round corner. Sadly, no amount of stupidity would really shock me at this point.

The bigger issue is whether or not they can pick a good football player regardless of position. If they draft ANY position and that player ends up as poor a pick as McKelvin turned out to be, it just doesn't matter if it's a failure at QB, OL, DL, LB, etc etc etc.

Taking a CB was not stupid. Taking one that didn't pan out was. There's a difference.

GO BILLS!!!

In 2012 He has played well in every game but Jets FWIW...............he has stunk in the past.

I wouldn't put the didn't pan out status on him just yet hes 70% of the way there but still has small window to become a player IMO.

Defense quit being record breaking bad once Aaron Williams was switched for McK. Not saying its because of him but he's been good enough.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

In 2012 He has played well in every game but Jets FWIW...............he has stunk in the past.

I wouldn't put the didn't pan out status on him just yet hes 70% of the way there but still has small window to become a player IMO.

Defense quit being record breaking bad once Aaron Williams was switched for McK. Not saying its because of him but he's been good enough.

I can buy this. I'm willing to give McKelvin another shot for two reasons: his return ability is undeniable and he's a weapon and for all the demotions he's had over the years, he has never once griped about it. Instead, he made himself a valuable contributor on special teams. That says a lot about his character if you ask me. So, yeah. Let's give him another shot for sure.

GO BILLS!!!