Fitz- The final straw

I came to the end of my rope today with Fitz.

The final straw came at the end when Fred Jackson was wide open

for 5-10 yards and maybe a first down.

It at least would have put us in a manageable field goal position.

Perfect protection...He bounces it.

Thiggy would have hit Fred in stride.

Make the change to Jackson during the bye,

Looks like Fitz has had it.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be proud! You hung in longer than most.

I'm not defending Fitz. I would like to know what is your evidence that Thiggy would have hit Fred in stride?

Thiggy has looked pretty bad when I've seen him, and his career pass completion percentage is significantly worse than Fitz both this year overall and this game.

I get it that everyone wants a better QB than Fitz is showing himself to be right now, truth is if we had one on our roster he'd likely be starting right now. Chan's a** is on the line and he knows it.

So...you're proposing that Tyler Thigpen should take over as starting QB? Clearly Tavaris Jackson isn't ready or he might be taking snaps with the 2nd team in practice. I'm not saying that I'm not frustrated with Fitz's play, but what is the alternative? I don't understand the point of ths thread.

So...you're proposing that Tyler Thigpen should take over as starting QB? Clearly Tavaris Jackson isn't ready or he might be taking snaps with the 2nd team in practice. I'm not saying that I'm not frustrated with Fitz's play, but what is the alternative? I don't understand the point of ths thread.

Because clearly Chan Gailey always knows what he is doing.

Remember Trent Edwards?

The point of this thread is it's time to stop being a stubborn ass and give someone else a shot.

fitz is not great, but hes not nearly as bad as fans make him out to be. qb play is like preseason - ppl completely forget past history. weve had so many truly bad qbs here its amazing we dont remember what that looks like more clearly

he certainly is frustrating. he picks really inopportune times to suck. but he does distribute the ball and make plays enough to keep his team reasonable well productive most games

id give him a C- right now, which is barely good enough to win. i mean cmon who has been a c- since drew the savior that wasnt? even the statue would have to be given a c+ at best his whole time here. sure id like fitz to be better but he could sure as hell be worse. i have plenty of opportunity to curse him during the game and im glad to have enough to cheer about. which sounds like a c- to me

unless fitz makes some fairly miraculous transformation here soon, chuddys gonna have to draft a qb now this spring. its reasonable to expect fitz to be better than he has been and if it stays that way they have to try to upgrade the position just like any other. his current production doesnt deserve being the only viable qb on the option with no plan b. they will absolutely create that plan b next season, probably with tjax and an early pick

for now fitz is good enough. barely. baree-lee

it seems like the drives that we scored on, either freddy, cj or both make some good runs and fitz really doesn't have to do much. stevie is a great route runner and can get open for fitz but he can't get the ball in to tight spaces with much accuracy. i don't think thigpen can do any better but i would like to see tjax get a shot. it's highly unlikely that he's the answer but it would be fun to see stevie or better yet tj run some deep routes and have to catch up to the ball instead of slowing down to try and break up an interception. i'm happy we got the win, but it would be nice to get some better qb play.

on defense, it was nice to see us get to kolb as much as we did even though arizona's line is probably the worst in the league. hopefully this will give the guys some confidence for the rest of the year.

this week made me miss moorman too. powell might eventually be good, he's got a helluva leg but we could have made it a lot easier on ourselves if he could have angled the ball better. granted, he's a rook and i'm sure he'll be fine but i think we still need him to be better than he was today.

fitz is not great, but hes not nearly as bad as fans make him out to be. qb play is like preseason - ppl completely forget past history. weve had so many truly bad qbs here its amazing we dont remember what that looks like more clearly

he certainly is frustrating. he picks really inopportune times to suck. but he does distribute the ball and make plays enough to keep his team reasonable well productive most games

id give him a C- right now, which is barely good enough to win. i mean cmon who has been a c- since drew the savior that wasnt? even the statue would have to be given a c+ at best his whole time here. sure id like fitz to be better but he could sure as hell be worse. i have plenty of opportunity to curse him during the game and im glad to have enough to cheer about. which sounds like a c- to me

unless fitz makes some fairly miraculous transformation here soon, chuddys gonna have to draft a qb now this spring. its reasonable to expect fitz to be better than he has been and if it stays that way they have to try to upgrade the position just like any other. his current production doesnt deserve being the only viable qb on the option with no plan b. they will absolutely create that plan b next season, probably with tjax and an early pick

So you agree he's not good enough to go anywhere. But hey he's better than Losman...great!

Get out of the Buffalo bubble man. Where he ranks in the league as a starting qb in 2012 is just more relevant than how much Bills QBs have sucked the last 15 years. Nobody is saying he's the worst we've had.

I was a fitz fan until the past few weeks. Today he missed Stevie Johnson twice, Donald Jones once, Scott Chandler once, and I thought there was another.

As much as I want him to be good, Fitz really isn't that good. A decent NFL QB doesn't miss those throws. He's a liability, and that is unfortunate.

And the play before it was a good pass right in TJ Graham's hands that he flat dropped that would have put us in FG position, too.

LOL! How can anyone here defend Fitzputrid - You give an experienced NFL QB a C- grade for missing easy throws that even rookies can make? Come on man.

Grade: Fitzputrid

Edited by Azucho98