CJ spiller is elite

Is this you Chan lol

Forget feelings CJ has out played Fred. Whats hard about it. Plus Fred can be used on the goalline, he is the bigger back.

I know that, just like I'm sure many other fans know that, and I'm sure Chan can see it, but Fred is a Leader on this team, if he loses more touches to Spiller especially when he claims to be "healthy" it could cause a rift in the locker room (purely speculative). Chan knows he's one more bad losing streak away from really being in the hot seat, and i bet he doesn't want to rock the boat any more than it's already rocking.

NO EMPTY BACKFIELD PLAYS. When you have a guy like Spiller rip off a nice run in OT, then follow it up with two empty backfield plays with a below-average QB and WR corp your insane. Even if your throwing, put Freddie or Spiller in there to make the D respect the run game.

CJ doesn't like contact, and didn't have room to get the first down. So he ran out of bounds. Perfect example of why we give Freddie the ball during short yard, gut check runs.

Not so sure about that. I have seen Spiller head upfield plenty this year.Leroy Kelly once said there is time to fight for yards and a time to find a nice soft spot. Franco Harris was

critcized frequently for going out of bounds also. I think they both were pretty good players. Spiller may have realized he should not have bounced. outside and simply took what he could get. Also his game is not about power.

Edited by Spiderweb

I say we play smash mouth football with Dickerson, chandler and Mcintyre out there with Fred and CJ. If they want to pass Cj is no. 1 reciever and Fred could be no.2 and run can be split carries in the back field. we would also see if Dickerson could be a play maker.

Edited by buffalover4life

I say we play smash mouth football with Dickerson, chandler and Mcintyre out there with Fred and CJ. If they want to pass Cj is no. 1 reciever and Fred could be no.2 and run can be split carries in the back field. we would also see if Dickerson could be a play maker.

Dickerson seems like a potential play maker. I would like to see more use of this type of scheme for sure.

I know that, just like I'm sure many other fans know that, and I'm sure Chan can see it, but Fred is a Leader on this team, if he loses more touches to Spiller especially when he claims to be "healthy" it could cause a rift in the locker room (purely speculative). Chan knows he's one more bad losing streak away from really being in the hot seat, and i bet he doesn't want to rock the boat any more than it's already rocking.

To those of us reading these message boards it might sound believable. I think for the most part however, the players and the te probably want wins and would want the players in that give them the best shot to win. It's not like we want to cut Freddy here. Just give CJ 15+ reps and Freddy 10 or so. Limit Freddy to 3rd downs and goal line situations.

However to anyone that claims the argument that CJ isn't a goal line back. I call Bull$H&T. CJ had a nice TD today down there. And he had a few others this year as well. Pretty sure both the Browns game and the Chiefs game. The guy just sniffs the endzone. It's seriously as simple as that.

Dickerson seems like a potential play maker. I would like to see more use of this type of scheme for sure.

Maybe run the ball a little with Dickerson too. have a set with stevie too but with our big guys out there is where we could be great.

Hard to defend the transition if we did a hurry up.

Not so sure about that. I have seen Spiller head upfield plenty this year.Leroy Kelly once said there is time to fight for yards and a time to find a nice soft spot. Franco Harris was

critcized frequently for going out of bounds also. I think they both were pretty good players. Spiller may have realized he should not have bounced. outside and simply took what he could get. Also his game is not about power.

I have no idea who Leroy Kelly is, but the criticism of Harris came from Jim Brown and I sure know who he is. They can't break tackles if they don't even try.

To those of us reading these message boards it might sound believable. I think for the most part however, the players and the te probably want wins and would want the players in that give them the best shot to win. It's not like we want to cut Freddy here. Just give CJ 15+ reps and Freddy 10 or so. Limit Freddy to 3rd downs and goal line situations.

However to anyone that claims the argument that CJ isn't a goal line back. I call Bull$H&T. CJ had a nice TD today down there. And he had a few others this year as well. Pretty sure both the Browns game and the Chiefs game. The guy just sniffs the endzone. It's seriously as simple as that.

There is a difference between red zone and goal line. All of CJ's red zone touchdowns I can think of came a few yards back. For instance, his TD today was a 10-yarder. CJ can do that all day any day. We don't want him running up the gut on the goal line like against NE.

I only saw the 4th quarter. 2 and 27 I think. Spiller gets 6 then runs out of bounds with daylight ahead of him. Even the announcers wondered about it. Does he always play like that? I can't picture Fred making that move.

Watch that play again. Two Cardinals are blocking off any attempt at a cutback to the middle. Per usual, Tasker was off in his analysis. You had to see the whole field.

I'm glad someone started this topic because I was going to. CJ Spiller is a stud, and should be the featured back. That's no disrespect to FredEx, who earned and deserves playing time, but Chan "alternating possessions" with these two is absolutely ridiculous. Spiller should be on the field for 75% of the offensive snaps. He looks like OJ out there, for crying out loud.

Agree e ball. 12 carries 88 yards. Should be 20 carries 130. Give Fred what's left including goal line

Spiller must get more touches.

You have to agree that Fred was a stud on a couple of third & shorts in the 4th Qtr, moved the sticks with gutty inside running.

Edited by BearNorth

I guess I just have a different definition of "elite" than most here. I feel like elite is someone who is dependable, consistent and most of all, demands attention at all times.

CJ has had a great 10 games or so over his 3 year career, but all the rest of his games he's been a relative non factor. He's definitely trending up right now, but until he puts together a full season of greatness (if not more), I'm just going to call him a good running back with great potential.

CJ Spiller is a stud, and should be the featured back. That's no disrespect to FredEx, who earned and deserves playing time, but Chan "alternating possessions" with these two is absolutely ridiculous. Spiller should be on the field for 75% of the offensive snaps.

I absolutely agree with this.

I guess I just have a different definition of "elite" than most here. I feel like elite is someone who is dependable, consistent and most of all, demands attention at all times.

CJ has had a great 10 games or so over his 3 year career, but all the rest of his games he's been a relative non factor. He's definitely trending up right now, but until he puts together a full season of greatness (if not more), I'm just going to call him a good running back with great potential.

I absolutely agree with this.

I'm pretty sure teams DO have to gameplan for CJ.