Wildcat

There were at least a few very good Wildcat plays today. That pass was a terrible call at that point in the game. There was no way the two receivers should have been that close to each other though. Jones was supposed to be closer to the middle of the field all along and Peterson should not have been there to intercept. I don't like the use of the Wildcat this year though, and I am an advocate. It takes too long for the run plays to materialize, even though we have had quite a few 7-8 yard runs from Spiller off it.

Uh you guys are over-reacting to a bad throw.. When Brad gets 5 yards a carry or CJ/FJ gets 5 yards its not a problem is it??? It was a bad call to pass it and it was a bad pass. But should we ban the wild cat.. NO!... Should we ban fitzpenis from being our quarterback YES!.. Oh and Brad Smith is the only QB we have active that can throw it that far. Think about it why didn't Fitzanus attempt to throw a deep ball all game and why they let Brad do it??? Answer: Fitzhairyballs can't throw a pass more than 2 yards...

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

absolutely terrible call. Look if it is the middle first quarter, im ok with it, but not in the 4th, with a few minutes left, and all we have to do is run the 4 min offense and head home with a win. Situational playcalling, you dont call a wildcat throw in that situation EVER.

absolutely terrible call. Look if it is the middle first quarter, im ok with it, but not in the 4th, with a few minutes left, and all we have to do is run the 4 min offense and head home with a win. Situational playcalling, you dont call a wildcat throw in that situation EVER.

+1. They were driving it down the field right down their throats and had the game in the palm of their hands. That call was criminal in that situation.

+1. They were driving it down the field right down their throats and had the game in the palm of their hands. That call was criminal in that situation.

Agreed....it was 2nd and 8 and I would have been happy with two consecutive running plays. At least we would have taken some time off the clock, and the way we were running the ball, probably would have moved the chains. Horrible call given the game situation.

It's not a horrible call if your wildcat QB can make a decent throw. Brad Smith obviously can't. Kill. The. Cat.

It's a horrible call if it in any way involves the word "wildcat".

Gimmicks are what bad teams use to compensate. Have a base offense, know it, practice it until you can execute it in your sleep, then punch other teams in the face with it. Anything else is bull ****.

My real problem is not the playcall itself to throw out of the wildcat but more of the fact there was no attempt at misdirection. Wildcat relies heavily on misdirection and creating mismatches. I'd rather see some motion with spiller/fred, playaction or Brad Smith rolling out on the play with the option of passing. Having smith roll out has some benefits such as being able to throw the ball away or run if nothing is available. More chances at someone blowing assignment as well.

You are not going to fool anyone with Smith taking the snap out of shotgun and immediately throwing deep.

This can be an effective play but just the wrong wildcat package to throw out of.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever