ESPN's Final Word on Fitz

Hsp08

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, today was way better than last few weeks, no better how bad the competition was.

It's a step--- if confidence was an issue with the defense then this win may help in that regard.

The QB, on the other hand...

Edited by Punch

Not being able to throw the deep ball is one reason for this offense being very predictable. We need to open up the playbook and play to our strengths.

1 Run the ball with CJ and Freddie at least 30-35 times a game including on third down.

2. Throw in some reverses using Graham or CJ.

3. Throw out of the Wildcat, let's see Brad Smith throw it deep.

4. Use the tight end more. Chandler should have 6-8 receptions a game.

There are ways to mask the weakness of your QB, can Gailey put in plays to do that is the question.

I agree that we should be running it 30-35 times a game but CJ can't handle that load. It'd be better to have CJ run 20ish times a game with Freddy getting 15-20 runs a game. Besides that I agree with you're remaining points minus Brad Smith throwing it deep. After today I would rather have Fitz throwing the deep ball than have a repeat of that.

Not being able to throw the deep ball is one reason for this offense being very predictable. We need to open up the playbook and play to our strengths.

1 Run the ball with CJ and Freddie at least 30-35 times a game including on third down.

There are ways to mask the weakness of your QB, can Gailey put in plays to do that is the question.

There you got it.

It's a step--- if confidence was an issue with the defense then this win may help in that regard.

The QB, on the other hand...

if Chan hopes to keep his job, he needs to be less stubborn and get Tavaris game ready. Never should have cut VY.

Fitz might be the worst QB in the league, i'm just being real guys. I mean this guy is just awful, He can't complete a pass past 20yds, he can't throw out routes just ridiculous for an nfl starting QB. He's honestly getting worse every single week.

JR, I'm surprised you saidthat. You're far more observant than that. Brady is very successful making teams play the entire field. He is respected and he can thow deep (to Gronk and Hernandez if not to his wideouts), which is critical as that alonge keeps the safeties busy and respectful.

Fixed. :-) But the others would not be a bad idea.

I agree that we should be running it 30-35 times a game but CJ can't handle that load. It'd be better to have CJ run 20ish times a game with Freddy getting 15-20 runs a game. Besides that I agree with you're remaining points minus Brad Smith throwing it deep. After today I would rather have Fitz throwing the deep ball than have a repeat of that.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Cj is one of the games best open field runners --but he cant carry the load back there.Too small.

Freddie and he should split 35 carries a game. we have excellent running backs.Let Fitz mix it up with throws over the middle of less than 15 yds(his range).

We need to play to our strengths.

Edited by Tcali

If the defense is playing well and CJ and Freddie are running the ball we can play conservative and win games. Problem is that the defense doesn't seem to bend it break once things go wrong. If the D can get tougher and the running game stay consistent I think we can win games with Fitz as a manager of the game.

But the problem is once you just have your QB as a "manager" it limits your offense and teams will force you to throw it deep or that puts a **** load of pressure on your defense and we see how that can go for our D.

Fitz will have to win games our D isn't that good. Can Fitz do it? I guess we have 10 more games to find out.

Rewritting history is so easy to do, especially when you can blame it all on Fitz. His poor play on long passes is not something you can pin all the loses on. It is a factor, though. Fitz, along with any other QB, should not have to be in the position to have to complete 12-15 yard plays nearly every down. Through penalties setting us back, RB's behind the LOS, and sloppy play he is having a lot thrust on his shoulders. Ultimately, he cannot pick up and carry the loads he is being given.

This problem is team wide. We are, or were, scoring points. The defense was giving those leads up. The last two weeks this team flat gave up.

We lost v the Bungels and Giants last year SPECIFICALLY because of Fitz being too terrible to throw a simple fade route.

While SF blew us out, we were right in the game until another crappy should-have-been-TD-pass fade was udnerthrown by 10 yards and picked off. Our team packed their bags at the point and cashed out. The game was over because the team knew they couldn't win with him at QB.

It is obvious that Fitz has struggled on the deep ball.

But, frankly, you don't need to throw deep to keep defenses honest. Brady rarely does. If he can get better on the 15-yard throws, including ones over the middle, the offense will be fine.

Yes Yes Yes. He was missing wide open 10 -15 yard throws. Give me those. He will fix that I believe. Those are throws he can make. I have to believe he was pressing like crazy yesterday. Fred putting the ball on the ground on the f ing first play did not help. Having a rookie #2 WR making a drop on a key play is not helping either.

I'm all for that...hated the Chan hire as much as the Jauron hire

In spite of the play of Fitzpatrick, the offense is much improved over anything this team has seen in more than a decade, ^^ This has to be the dumbest thing I have read so far this year.

Chan Gailey is standing by his QB, because THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION ON THE TEAM RIGHT NOW.

I am not worried about Chan Gailey, but to think Chan Gailey is the problem is completely misplaced.

In spite of the play of Fitzpatrick, the offense is much improved over anything this team has seen in more than a decade, ^^ This has to be the dumbest thing I have read so far this year.

Chan Gailey is standing by his QB, because THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION ON THE TEAM RIGHT NOW.

I am not worried about Chan Gailey, but to think Chan Gailey is the problem is completely misplaced.

Gailey was standing by Fitz while the team still had opportunities to find a new quarterback to compete with him. They didn't draft one. So, to say the reason he is standing by Fitz is because he has no other options? I don't agree. Gailey has put all his chips in on Fitz and it's looking like a bad bet right now.