Choice calls out team after SF loss

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He should do another speech Before the game this Sunday. It's sad that Gailey has to come out and say he wants the players to come out and play 100 mph this week. I guess they have been sitting back, relaxing too much.

Gonna be tough on offense though. The national media has Fitz lumped in with the Matt Cassel's and Brandon Weeden's of the world in terms of passing efficiency.

Everyone on this team is gonna have to play out of their minds to beat a fairly average Arizona team this week.

I have always liked Choice and feel he should be integrated in to our system more. He is a leader for his practices and reminds me of Travis Henry. He puts his head down and does what he is asked and in a few years might be one of the best pickups this regime made.

edit:

If you mix Kenneth Davis and Travis Henry you could get Choice. He plays like Henry and acts and is responsible for Davis' type role. DJ gave us Wilson and Stevie, Chan has given us frustration and Choice.

Edited by jboyst62

I don't know why the Bills locker room has always been quiet. No one's asking for crazy outbursts, but Tashard Choice should be one of the last guys to get up and say something. Where's Kelsay, Kyle Williams, and a few others?

IIRC, Aaron Schobel said something about the team after the Tennessee loss in 2009, which was DJ's final game. I'm not demanding the HC go right now, but I believe a veteran speaking up could get people out of their comfort zones. Problem is, Gailey seems in shock right now over what's transpired.

That is great that he spoke up but he is the 3rd running back. Is there no starters with the balls to stand up and call out his bros for their candy ass effort. Someone needs to be smashing some lockers or something

Exactly what I was thinking. If the bench is providing your leadership, do you really have any?

kj

Since Chan doesn't know how to get touches for both Fred and Spiller....he should just give the ball to Choice.

One thing I was scratching my head over last weekend was the last 5 minutes or so of the game. Jackson was still in a game, recovering from a knee injury, the Bills were so far out of it it wasn't funny. Why didn't Chan put Choice in then to avoid the risk of Fred getting hurt again? As far as Choice speaking up, it probably shouldn't have to be a #3 at any position, but since none of the high paid starters has a ounce of leadership, someone had to do it, so kudos to him. This team has shown no heart that past couple weeks, good to know at least one player gives a crap.

Exactly what I was thinking. If the bench is providing your leadership, do you really have any?

kj

I don't think it matters that he is the third back. Somebody needed to step up and say something. The guy who gives the speeches doesn't need to be on the field all the time. In fact, it would help that a guy like Choice, on the sidelines most of the time, takes on a leadership role like that because he can constantly speak to his team. Plus, Choice has proven that he will play hard when he does get on the field.

I'm happy this guy is stepping up.

kj

this team lacks leadership from top to bottom, owner , GM,HC,coordinators and players aparently the only good thing in this team are the fans

i think this post is going to Ralph is cheap,fire Wanny ,fire Galey, fire Nix trade some players(starting w/ Choice)...

Edited by bills chin

This should be taken in concert with Stevie's announcement that Why So Serious will be making a comeback.

Say what you want about the stunt in NE last year, but it backfired on Gailey in the game and seems to be backfiring on him this year. I understand his desire to hold players accountable and not to play dumb. But then he needs to deliver on his end of the bargain. He can't expect the players to line up in a straight single file, yet reward them with boneheaded coaching moves and not taking accountability in his coaching ranks - whether it's the mess on special teams or the defensive game planning.

To me, Choice's and Stevie's actions are the players taking over the team. That may be good to light a spark, but Gailey better know how to reign it in because he risks the proverbial inmates running the asylum tagline. The Arizona is a must-win game for this team. I agree with Choice, if they lose (and badly), then you can kiss the season goodbye.