Choice calls out team after SF loss

I remember a while back either Gailey or Nix saying something along the lines of, we'll see where our team is at in the 3rd year of the system... Well the system looks worse than last year... I like the little additions on offense but Fitz just CANNOT throw an accurate ball or deep and accurate also... But, what the Hell is up with this so called defense we were (I will actually stop talking now cuz I actually bored myself with the same news)...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/search/Schobel-questions-lack-of-direction

The current issues are reminiscent of the situation 3 years ago in the final days of DJ. One wonders if contractually the players aren't permitted to criticize the team. For a franchise with 12 straight non-playoff seasons, dubious HC hires, GM searches restricted to inside the organization, an elderly owner, and what looks like another bad season on the horizon it's time someone did what Schobel did 3 years ago.

IMO, the lack of leadership starts at the top and trickles down. Where's the accountability within the organization? I will hate the Patriots* until the day I die, but I will always respect the fact they have always had leaders on the team who were never afraid to show people "the way it is". Where is that in regards to this team? As I stated, this is a problem top to bottom and it manifests itself into a losing culture. One cannot overestimate "team" and "chemistry" and how they factor into "winning".

Edited by Marauder24

This keeps getting worst everyday! Now the 3rd string RB is the one to call out this team? Geeez!!! Its AMAZING that these guys all get paid to do this for a living. Un-Effin-belivable!

I love this team and have endured the good and the bad - BUT - this has got to be the worst I've experienced as a fan. I still love the BILLS and will always love the Bills but I truly can't stand to watch Gailey and the Wanstedt coach this team any longer! The hype coming into the season was too much - maybe! I bought into it and now I guess I'll have to deal with it!

This is a pretty bad Bills team! Period.

To me the most telling line is:

“Instead of being friends with each other, we need to be more like brothers. Brothers can fight. Brothers tell each other, ‘you gotta pick it up.’ And it’s never against somebody, it’s just to build the team, to make the team better,”

While it's great that our team has really good chemistry, sounds like it's a little TOO good. While I want our team to be friends and helping each other along (better than the infamous Bickering Bills) they also need to be willing to call one another out, when its needed. Hopefully Tashard's speech will help everyone hold one another responsible AND will light a fire that desperately needs to be lit...

The 500 lb gorilla in the room that everyones aware of but no one feels comfortable talking about is the QB, whose clearly not getting done, and hasn't been for a while going back to last season. They all know youre not going to win with QB play like that.

Sooo the teams player pep talk comes from a 3rd string running back? Folks.....this teams in serious trouble! Props to Choice for doing it and all....but who are the leaders of this team? I just see guys cashing checks!

Totally agree. Where is Fitz and his high-pitched girl squeal to energize the team?

While I'm glad at least somebody spoke the truth in that locker room and called them out, I don't know if Choice was the right guy to do it. It sounds like he has some locker room respect so maybe it was ok, but why the hell didn't a prominent player on the team do it. We're lacking leadership, character and most-of-all toughness on this team.

Tashard wouldn't be my first choice either (see what I did there?), but in my opinion at this point the "right guy to do it" is the guy that actually does it! If the players are too close, SOMEBODY'S got to step up and tell the emperor he has no clothes.

I honestly don't know why Gailey hasn't lit into the team - even if it's out of character for him, he still needs to push the buttons the TEAM needs pushed, even if it's not what he likes to do.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/search/Schobel-questions-lack-of-direction

The current issues are reminiscent of the situation 3 years ago in the final days of DJ. One wonders if contractually the players aren't permitted to criticize the team. For a franchise with 12 straight non-playoff seasons, dubious HC hires, GM searches restricted to inside the organization, an elderly owner, and what looks like another bad season on the horizon it's time someone did what Schobel did 3 years ago.

Now you're scaring me.