Tattoos - NFL Players

MURTR

Everything that goes around comes around. For my generation tattoos were not that popular for us because only gross old guys (WW II vets and such) had tattoos. Now we don't so our children are going for it. When they get to be grown ups, their kids probably won't want any because only gross old people will have them.

Everything that goes around comes around. For my generation tattoos were not that popular for us because only gross old guys (WW II vets and such) had tattoos. Now we don't so our children are going for it. When they get to be grown ups, their kids probably won't want any because only gross old people will have them.

Interesting thought - I bet you're right about that...

A few years back we took the kids to a water park and everyone, absolutely everyone who was under about 35 had ink - it was crazy. Most were parents with younger kids, but both mom and dad had some sort of ink - wow. I'm not a big fan myself (I find it very unattractive on women), but you do have to wonder how it is going to look when these folks age and how much they may regret having made such a permenent decision.

I agree, not quite as old as a WW II vet, but I did finish 20 years in the Navy about 10 years ago, and I got several tattoos my first 4 years in (early 1980's), and at the time the only ones who had them for the most part were Sailors and prisoners. Now they are as commn as earrings.

I use the term. But I grew up in a time before everything had to be politically correct and people looked for offense where no offense was intended. And yes, I know retarded people. So what.

when does a word or term become politically incorrect?that term was used for generations, then all of a sudden it becomes "off-limits" and some new P C term is invented. i agree with you, so many people have so many things they wanna get upset about.

How did Chris Johnson's tattoo of..... well Chris Johnson not make the list hahaha

I tried to upload it but cant figure out how to put it on here. He has a portrait of himself on his shoulder, and its a tattoo of the same age as he is now.... really stupid.

Tattoos are super common now, and are even being alot more tolerated in the work environment as well. Im not saying anyone should go out and get their knuckles tatt'd (called Job Stoppers haha), but it is becoming alot more socially acceptable :beer:

Edited by AReed Deep For6

Very true. However there are a few differences betw the ww2 generation and this generation re; the tattoos. The classic 45 yr old ,blue collar WW2 vet in 1970 in Buffalo had an anchor or 2 and maybe a heart and arrow--and mostly on the upper arm.add the brill creamed slicked back hair ,the bowling type t-shirt or the rolled up sleeves with the pack of cigarettes in it and you had a pretty cool picture.

Todays tatooed person just keeps adding and adding and adding tattoos til their whole body is covered---and they have the whole sleeve of them.Dont think that is too cool.

I do agree that the next gen will probbly have les tattoos though.

Seriously, who uses that word anymore. I am surprised there is even one person on this site who does not know SOMEONE with Down Syndrome

Mentally-Handicapped Tattoos just didn't have the same ring.

Words have different connotations during different time periods. Calling someone a retard is offensive nowadays but 50 years ago it would have been the same as calling them mentally challenged. Retarded is used more as an adjective currently.

It's like the word Stupid/Dumb, 50 yrs ago they were used to describe someone who was mentally handicapped, but nowadays they are perfectly acceptable adjectives.

If I would have said Stupid/Dumb Tattoos would u have found it offensive?

I have a niece with autism and my best friend's daughter has downs syndrome. I'm insulted by the word retarded not because of those facts but because I thought we had evolved to more educated descriptors for foolish acts or people who do ridiculous things.

I have a niece with autism and my best friend's daughter has downs syndrome. I'm insulted by the word retarded not because of those facts but because I thought we had evolved to more educated descriptors for foolish acts or people who do ridiculous things.

I'm sorry but i think what myself and others are saying is yes society has evolved....so much so that decent people dont associate the word retarded with Autism or Down's syndrome.

Retarded simply means something devoid of thought.

Again, I'm sure many people call mentally challenged people Stupid......but that does not mean you get offended when someone describes something as Stupid does it? Would Stupid Tattoos as the subject offended you?

Dude.. your subject is offensive.. Please change it.

I'm sorry but i think what myself and others are saying is yes society has evolved....so much so that decent people dont associate the word retarded with Autism or Down's syndrome.

Retarded simply means something devoid of thought.

Again, I'm sure many people call mentally challenged people Stupid......but that does not mean you get offended when someone describes something as Stupid does it? Would Stupid Tattoos as the subject offended you?

Yes you are sorry!

I use the term. But I grew up in a time before everything had to be politically correct and people looked for offense where no offense was intended. And yes, I know retarded people. So what.

Seriously? So you know it's offensive but you don't care huh? It doesn't matter if an offense was intended or not.. It's still offensive. Unreal..

It's a copy cat league, everyone has to be inked up now a days it seems like. As ignorant as some of these guys are in the league i'm shocked that they couldn't find any tattoo's that are more humorous...you know something like this Gucci-Mane.jpg