Vote for Obama and you'll be fired

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Surprise. David Siegel, the resort CEO who is building the biggest private home in the country, really, really doesn't like President Obama.

And while Siegel hasn't sent any money to Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, he has gone a step farther to support him.

On Monday he sent an e-mail to all 7,000 employees of privately-held Westgate Resorts, many of them in the battleground state of Florida, warning them their jobs are at risk if the president is re-elected.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/09/news/economy/siegel-email-employees/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Basically he's saying - Vote for Obama and I'll fire you.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Surprise. David Siegel, the resort CEO who is building the biggest private home in the country, really, really doesn't like President Obama.

And while Siegel hasn't sent any money to Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, he has gone a step farther to support him.

On Monday he sent an e-mail to all 7,000 employees of privately-held Westgate Resorts, many of them in the battleground state of Florida, warning them their jobs are at risk if the president is re-elected.

http://money.cnn.com....html?hpt=hp_t2

That's not at all what he wrote. Read the full text.

He's saying no such thing. He has no way of knowing who they vote for, nor did he threaten to fire anyone. He's simply stated that he's tired of running a business under these conditions and plans on selling and retiring if they persist, and doing his employeees the favor of giving them advance warning so they can plan.

Could you please quote the line in the letter where he threatens them with their jobs. And you call Romney a liar. :rolleyes:

interesting.... I put this in a Romney thread and yet here it is....

I did say "Basically he's saying" - An implication, a veiled threat.

This letter was posted in another thread first. You started this thread and wonder why it's here? You then try to backtrack to the point of flip-flopping? You are one special kind of dumb.

Stevens died, Obama lied.

Exaggerate / lie and flail your arms with the headline and then when totally unable to back up the headline with the facts, you hide behind a weasel word. (In this case, a lame-ass weasel word even among weasel words.)

Go stick your head in the oven. You know you want to.

interesting.... I put this in a Romney thread and yet here it is....

I did say "Basically he's saying" - An implication, a veiled threat.

The only implication that's inferred is that you're an absolute idiot.

Carry on.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/09/news/economy/siegel-email-employees/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

You're not very good at reading are you ?

In no way does he threaten anyone's job and he would have no way of knowing who his employees vote for. And he explicitly tells his employees to vote for whomever they so choose to.

Good attempt to start controversy with a misleading original post.

The fact of the matter is he is doing his employees a service giving then notice that significant changes are likely if BO is re elected.

Like it or not the truth hurts and BOs policies are harmful to business. It's time someone called it for what it is.

But mitt is a flip flopper ....err he's a millionaire billionaire, err...his dog,....I mean they have a horse....um ya he killed a steel workers wife.

And "Republicans want to kill grandma."

Do you and your retarded compatriots ever manage to make arguments that aren't inane hyberbole?

Yes, even by it's appearance I'm am saying that I didn't start this thread.

I posted this story only once and embellished the veiled threat to his employees.

Ask the moderators who started it. I know I did not.

Typical of you jokers ... shoot the messanger

I posted the similar headline CEO to Workers: I May Fire You if Obama Wins

here's another link - this one from CNBC.

http://finance.yahoo...-131640914.html

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Yes, even by it's appearance I'm am saying that I didn't start this thread.

I posted this story only once and embellished the veiled threat to his employees.

Ask the moderators who started it. I know I did not.

Typical of you jokers ... shoot the messanger

I posted the similar headline CEO to Workers: I May Fire You if Obama Wins

here's another link.

http://finance.yahoo...-131640914.html

So is it "Vote for Obama and You'll be Fired?"

Or is it "You'll likely be fired if Obama wins?"

Or is it "Your jobs are at risk if the president is reelected?"

Or is it "I may fire you if Obama wins?"

Pick one. Take your time, we'll wait.

Dear Confused Tom

And "Republicans want to kill grandma."

What was it Princess Palin said....

it was either Obama will create Death Camps or Obama will create Death Panels

oh yes

In a Friday op-ed for the Wall Street Journal, Sarah Palin takes aim at a bipartisan commission's recent recommendations on reducing the deficit, calling its suggestions "a disappointment" and claiming that the plan "implicitly endorses the use of 'death panel'-like rationing."

Typical FEAR MONGERING

So is it "Vote for Obama and You'll be Fired?"

Or is it "You'll likely be fired if Obama wins?"

Or is it "Your jobs are at risk if the president is reelected?"

Or is it "I may fire you if Obama wins?"

Pick one. Take your time, we'll wait.

I would go with: "I don't like Obama, and I want my 7000 employees to know their jobs may be at risk if he's reelected."