Mario Williams, Year 2

Justice

Looks like Mario Williams might be a bust with the Bills in year one of his tenure, but will turn it around next year. This is just my opinion, but I can't see #94 being an all out bust.

Maybe he just got a little complacent and content with all the money he just received after missing the majority of last season. Maybe his game isn't back. I don't know. But I do believe he will respond to the challenge and become a dominant player again, as he did in the past.

Mario has shown that he had the ability to bounce back. When he was a rookie he struggled mightily and a lot of people started calling him a bust. They were proven wrong and hopefully history repeats itself.

I think expectations being too high and the complete lack of patience are an albatross on this team in too many fan's eyes.

We pretty much completely overhauled the defense. Brought in 2new DEs, new rookie CB, new DC with new scheme, and dumped veteran leaders - which is proving more damaging than I think anyone is considering. And everyone expects instant success.

Granted... it would be nice to see at least some basic level of competence; even the most pessimistic of us didn't see record breaking futility. However, people forget that change of this magnitude does not often relate to immediate success. Rookies almost always take 2-3 yrs minimum to produce consistently. New FAs take time to adjust as well to their new surroundings. I expected a slow start. Again, this level of craptastic play is inexcusable, but you certainly don't trash it all after 5 games as quite a few are suggesting.

A long way to say... I agree. Mario will almost certainly play better. If not for any other reason than it's almost inconceivable that he could play worse.

Looks like Mario Williams might be a bust with the Bills in year one of his tenure, but will turn it around next year. This is just my opinion, but I can't see #94 being an all out bust.

Maybe he just got a little complacent and content with all the money he just received after missing the majority of last season. Maybe his game isn't back. I don't know. But I do believe he will respond to the challenge and become a dominant player again, as he did in the past.

Mario has shown that he had the ability to bounce back. When he was a rookie he struggled mightily and a lot of people started calling him a bust. They were proven wrong and hopefully history repeats itself.

Hopefully,

but a Veteran should not be having this much difficulty. One thing for sure is he needs to work on his explosiveness bc he is always slow off the ball, He better start working on Cleans, swings and box jumps.

He also need start working on his rush moves, no DE is strong enough to Bullrush a tackle all the time as those guys are always bigger thus neutralizing his rush. He needs to incorporate the Hump (Reggie White move) which for his size would a great move.

And what ever happened to the swim, rip, and spin, all this BS of engaging with Hands all the time needs to stop. It's like a wrestler who only uses a double leg take down eventually he's going to get stuffed, like Mario has by rookies and journeymen.

Meh, there are no excuses for him. He is getting paid $100 Million to make plays and get sacks. You can say new defensive scheme and players around him but I'm not buying it. He gets singled up most of the time and doesn't beat his man... That isn't worth the money he gets paid.

He doesn't even show any emotion. Do something, anything out there! Throw your F'n helmet or kick someone.

I think Houston saw that this guy had all of the physical tools in the world but didn't have the passion to be the best or the work ethic to get there. Their D is better without him... Ours is worse with him...

E

He's 5 games into a 6 year contract. I know we all think each season is the last one for the Bills in Buffalo, but jeez louise....

Mario makes the most money in his first two years, after that the third the Bills would save around 6m in cap by cutting him.

I'm guessing there were a few that said the same of Albert Haynesworth. Show em the money and guarantee them a boat load and, unless their ultimate passion is love of the game, they've probably already got out of the game they wanted to and now it's just about enjoying the kwan. To hell with the game and your reputation as a player.

There won't be more than 2 years of Mario in Buffalo, he'll get cut after the 2013 season because it makes financial sense to do so.

I can see this. He doesn't appear to have a bad attitude but something isn't right (his DC). But maybe Fat Albert will have someone to hang with in 2014. Cut him loose at the 50 mil point. Then offer JJ Watt 150 million and try again.

Hopefully,

but a Veteran should not be having this much difficulty. One thing for sure is he needs to work on his explosiveness bc he is always slow off the ball, He better start working on Cleans, swings and box jumps.

He also need start working on his rush moves, no DE is strong enough to Bullrush a tackle all the time as those guys are always bigger thus neutralizing his rush. He needs to incorporate the Hump (Reggie White move) which for his size would a great move.

And what ever happened to the swim, rip, and spin, all this BS of engaging with Hands all the time needs to stop. It's like a wrestler who only uses a double leg take down eventually he's going to get stuffed, like Mario has by rookies and journeymen.

This guy needs you as a personal coach. Honestly. he really looks casual off the ball. Then gives some effort and then pouts.

Jk about the pouting

I don't know why but I have a feeling the Bills are about to turn it up. This doesn't mean I think they're going on a 10 game win streak. I just think they're going to start plaing better. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing since I want Wanny gone. But if Wanny can somehow turn this D around and make them play...

I live in Arizona and knowing right now they are just a couple of hours away I wish I could go down to Phoenix and give them a pep talk. At least let them know they're my team and I will always be a Bills fan no matter what. But for the love of GOD could you guys please act like you give a crap about the game of football?