The Maginot Line

/dev/null

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except that the Maginot Line worked - the Germans never got through it. They just went around it.

You really need something that better invokes the spirit of a line that can't stop anybody, in any fashion. I'd suggest the Construction Workers - one guy working, albeit only occasionally, while three others stand around watching. But even construction workers occasionally stop traffic.

And through it and over it too.

The Germans were good at that stuff.

The Steel Curtain

The Purple People Eaters

Monsters of the Midway

The Fearsome Foursome

Our Defensive Front Line needs a nickname. I propose we start calling them the Maginot Line cuz Ralph spent a ton of money on a useless front line

I like your creativity! :thumbsup:

The Steelers of the '70s had the Steel Curtain. What do we have now? The Lace Curtain. As far as I'm concerned, the Lace Curtain is the name of our defense.

Except that the Maginot Line worked - the Germans never got through it. They just went around it.

You really need something that better invokes the spirit of a line that can't stop anybody, in any fashion. I'd suggest the Construction Workers - one guy working, albeit only occasionally, while three others stand around watching. But even construction workers occasionally stop traffic.

The Unionized Employees?

True, although the meaning has evolved over time to a broader sense: "Reference to the Maginot Line is used to recall a strategy or object that people hope will prove effective but instead fails miserably."

I think there is probably no better way to describe our D-line.

The Postrmen. They just mail it in

I love the reference Dev but I think it's a little optimistic since it still took the Germans 6 weeks to take over France. Our d-line and subsequent team take over was much faster.

German went AROUND the m-line and isolated it.