Russell Wilson will never be elite

ny33

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like Wilson, but this is getting out of hand. This was the 2nd game in his career that he has led Seattle to over 16 points. They had 10 in the 4th quarter. Their defense is carrying that team and allowing Wilson chances to make a play to win the game.

No matter how much people try to give QBs W-L records, football is still the ultimate team game. If Wilson was on the Bills the previous 2 weeks, we would have still gotten blown out.

People in glass houses.....

This is what i do know is one thing that is worse that fitz as a qb, is fitz as a qb in a 5wr set spread chan gun offense when behind. What the heck was that end zone pick??? I have never seen an nfl qb make a throw like that excepting hail mary throws or so.

Are you refering to the pick that Brad Smith threw? I am new here and love Fitz, he is not the answer. I have been waiting patiently all year for the wildcat to produce something and I knew that a throw would produce it. Unfortunately it was a pick, but kudos to Chan for going for the juglar. See ya'll at the Titans game, I am starting the next generation of Bills fans, I am bringing my son to his first game, he needs to see where he came from.

Would this be considered child abuse? :P

Beat the Pats in his first try, obviously can't call him elite yet but can't knock him for that. Off to a great start.

So did Kevin Kolb. Is he elite or does he play on a team with a good defense? I'm not a Wilson hater but this lovefest is a little too much. Seattle has an amazing defense. If the Bills had their defense, Fitz might have beat the Pats too.

http://sportsillustr...hp&sct=hp_wr_a2

The maturation of Russell Wilson.
After his sixth NFL game Sunday, a 24-23 win over the Patriots at home, Wilson told Tom Brady on the field, "I have so much respect for you as a player and a person. It's great to play against you." [rest of cut and paste of Peter King's article removed]

Another blown opportunity by the Bills to get an NFL caliber QB.

http://sportsillustr...hp&sct=hp_wr_a2

When Seattle GM John Schneider picked Wilson 75th overall, he was privately chided by his peers for picking Wilson too high. He's too small (5-foot-11), football people said; he won't be able to take the punishment of the pro game, and his arm's just okay. It's only six games, of course, and anything can happen, and he's had a couple of games of shaky decision-making. But that throw to Rice, 57 yards in the air and exactly on target, with a game against the three-time Super Bowl champions on the line, shows why Schneider made a great draft pick.

If RW's arm is just OK, then I hope Fitz is a lefty because that schit is embarrassing!

I wish Wilson wore them at the Combine, Maybe then Buddy would have drafted him!

A padded bra? That'd be weird as hell. and Wilson doesn't have a better future but Fitz actually has been better than him. I don't think Nix say the upside in Wilson. And TJ Graham looks like a player. He jsut needs someone to get him the ball deep.

As much as I like Russell Wilson, tonight he gets it handed to him by the Niners. -Harbaugh ain't keen to lose back to back games, so that defense is gonna be out for BLOOD. Tonight could be the spanking R-dub's been overdue for.

So did Kevin Kolb. Is he elite or does he play on a team with a good defense? I'm not a Wilson hater but this lovefest is a little too much. Seattle has an amazing defense. If the Bills had their defense, Fitz might have beat the Pats too.

Sadly, the Bills have that defense, we just have a DC who couldnt beat a pop warner team and squanders this talent

Sadly, the Bills have that defense, we just have a DC who couldnt beat a pop warner team and squanders this talent

Maybe you're right but I'll give Wanny the benefit of the doubt and blame the millionaire players first. The guy has been successful everywhere he has been. Because of the practice rules, tackling suffers a lot now. At some point, players just got to make plays. Wanny has had success at every stop he has been at. I don't think he suddenly stop learning how to coach. I guess time will tell.

As much as I like Russell Wilson, tonight he gets it handed to him by the Niners. -Harbaugh ain't keen to lose back to back games, so that defense is gonna be out for BLOOD. Tonight could be the spanking R-dub's been overdue for.

What if Seattle's defense shows up and Alex Smith sucks again? Stranger things have happened this year.

BA

I'm not impressed with Wanny either, but our back 7 doesn't come close to Seattle's in terms of talent. None of our LBs would start on that team and while Byrd would, Gilmore would have a hard time cracking the lineup at present.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm not impressed with Wanny either, but our back 7 doesn't come close to Seattle's in terms of talent. None of our LBs would start on that team and while Byrd would, Gilmore would have a hard time cracking the lineup at present.

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah, Seattle's d backs are freaks. I've never seen a group that big and fast before. Carroll definitely knows defense.

What if Seattle's defense shows up and Alex Smith sucks again? Stranger things have happened this year.

BA

Sure, that could happen, but I just don't see it.

If Smith plays like he played on Sunday, we'll be seeing alot more of Kaepernick. To avoid that, Smith should have his act together tonight. I wouldn't be surprised either if Harbaugh gives his defense a Greg Williams-esque speech before the game.

Pretty sure they'll be all-in on Russel's @ss after that.

Wilson is an awesome kid. Perhaps second-best of all the rookies. However, he goes down in flames tonight. He'll put up a fight, but I don't think he's ever seen what Harbaugh's gonna be throwing his way.

While Wilson is starting at QB for Seattle, it's fairly evident that he will never be an elite QB. To those of you who keep complaining that we didn't draft him: Graham has been very solid with his targets, struggling mainly with balls thrown far out of his reach.

I don't think Fitz will win us games, but Wilson's limitations due to his height, combined with other problems in his game, mean that he will be a bottom 10 QB in the league. Is it impressive that he is starting as a rookie over a big-budget free agent signing in Flynn? Yes, but that doesn't mean that Wilson has what it takes to lead a team in a deep playoff run. I do lament the fact that we picked Dalton over Williams, though, especially given the fact that we hadn't made such a commitment to Fitzpatrick at that time.

so, would you be peeved if we traded for him, or even Flynn?