First Time in 43 Months Unemployment Drops to 7.8%

3rdnlng

Obama’s Jobs Failure, In One Chart

There are, of course, many charts and statistics that document the Obama administration’s comprehensive failure when it comes to jobs and the economy. But with Democrats trying to put a happy face on the nation’s declining job growth, this one from the Senate Budget Committee is a good, simple reminder of what a jobs disaster the last two years have been:

PopulationandJobs014.png

The chart is basically, self-explanatory, but let’s review it anyway. During the last two years–the second half of Obama’s term, so let’s forget about George W.–the population of the U.S. has grown by 2.20%. Jobs have failed to keep up, as the labor force has grown hardly at all, only 0.88%. What has grown–and this is the true legacy of the Obama disaster–is Americans who are not in the labor force, up by 4.58%, more than double the rate of population growth.

Obama likes to talk about what a mess he inherited from his predecessor. In fact, his successor will inherit something far worse. With millions of Americans chronically unemployed, millions having left the labor force, millions having declared themselves permanently and totally disabled because they can’t find jobs, the next president will face an unemployment problem that is far more deeply entrenched and intractable than the one that Obama confronted and bungled.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/10/obamas-jobs-failure-in-one-chart.php

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOW’S THAT HOPEY-CHANGEY STUFF WORKIN’ OUT FOR YA? :

2012′s Sure Losers—Young People: “Hi, I’m Marty and I’ll be your waiter for the next 40 years.”

“What these numbers show is a process of political disconnection among under-30s. And why not? This is the bitter fruit of a reality familiar across low-growth Western Europe: Youth unemployment is breeding youth disengagement. Over the past four years, the unemployment rate for Americans age 16 to 24 has been twice the rate for the general population. Currently it’s about 17%. For young blacks it’s 28%. . . . Western Europe is about a decade ahead of the U.S. in showing the path downward once a low economic-growth rate gets locked in, as may be happening here. Where we could be headed politically was suggested by a small but telling story this week from France, where chronically high youth unemployment sits at about 22%.”

Redistribution always ends this way.

Those college graduates generally have brains, which means they know to point the blame in the right place, and not at Obama. You lack said vital organ, and you blame all the wrong people.

Generally it takes a while for college graduates to experience reality and forget all the crap that they learned in school.

Generally it takes a while for college graduates to experience reality and forget all the crap that they learned in school.

Until I was about 25 I thought my CS degree would grant me another Dotcom windfall. But that damned George W Bush and his infernal capitalism derailed my Self Esteem-Engine

President doesn't have crap to do with creating jobs, get real

Democratic President

-Bad jobs report = Greedy capitalists want the black guy to fail

-Good jobs report = Charlie Sheen WINNING!

Republican President:

-Bad jobs report = Failed policies

-Good jobs report = Imagine how much better things would be with a Democrat

Those college graduates generally have brains, which means they know to point the blame in the right place, and not at Obama. You lack said vital organ, and you blame all the wrong people.

You mean those college graduates who have moved back home and are on mommy's and daddy's health insurance plans?

Democratic President

-Bad jobs report = Greedy capitalists want the black guy to fail

-Good jobs report = Charlie Sheen WINNING!

Republican President:

-Bad jobs report = Failed policies

-Good jobs report = Imagine how much better things would be with a Democrat

Partisanship??? No! Still, I'm right and you are a troll

Well, look who's back. Try telling that to my 29 year old daughter who's been out of work for a year and moved back home three months ago. BO brought change alright... change we could never have believed possible.

If only people would stop being selfish and give up their full-time jobs so that everyone can work part-time, we could get to 100% employment!

How pathetic, er, prophetic. As a result of Obamacare, Olive Garden (and no doubt most companies) are going to stop hiring full-time workers and only hire part-time workers, to avoid paying them benefits like health insurance. Meaning more people needing public assistance. We are so !@#$ed.

How pathetic, er, prophetic. As a result of Obamacare, Olive Garden (and no doubt most companies) are going to stop hiring full-time workers and only hire part-time workers, to avoid paying them benefits like health insurance. Meaning more people needing public assistance. We are so !@#$ed.

Yeah, but think how low the unemployment rate will go once everyone starts working only 20 hour weeks.

FORWARD!

http://online.wsj.co...Opinion_LEADTop

In August, the labor-force participation rate in the U.S. dropped to 63.5%, the lowest since September 1981. By definition, fewer people in the workforce leads to better unemployment numbers. That's why the unemployment rate dropped to 8.1% in August from 8.3% in July.

Meanwhile, we're told in the BLS report that in the months of August and September, federal, state and local governments added 602,000 workers to their payrolls, the largest two-month increase in more than 20 years. And the BLS tells us that, overall, 873,000 workers were added in September, the largest one-month increase since 1983, during the booming Reagan recovery.

These three statistics—the labor-force participation rate, the growth in government workers, and overall job growth, all multidecade records achieved over the past two months—have to raise some eyebrows. There were no economists, liberal or conservative, predicting that unemployment in September would drop below 8%.

I know I'm not the only person hearing these numbers and saying, "Really? If all that's true, why are so many people I know still having such a hard time finding work? Why do I keep hearing about local, state and federal cutbacks?"

http://online.wsj.co...Opinion_LEADTop

In August, the labor-force participation rate in the U.S. dropped to 63.5%, the lowest since September 1981. By definition, fewer people in the workforce leads to better unemployment numbers. That's why the unemployment rate dropped to 8.1% in August from 8.3% in July.

Meanwhile, we're told in the BLS report that in the months of August and September, federal, state and local governments added 602,000 workers to their payrolls, the largest two-month increase in more than 20 years. And the BLS tells us that, overall, 873,000 workers were added in September, the largest one-month increase since 1983, during the booming Reagan recovery.

These three statistics—the labor-force participation rate, the growth in government workers, and overall job growth, all multidecade records achieved over the past two months—have to raise some eyebrows. There were no economists, liberal or conservative, predicting that unemployment in September would drop below 8%.

I know I'm not the only person hearing these numbers and saying, "Really? If all that's true, why are so many people I know still having such a hard time finding work? Why do I keep hearing about local, state and federal cutbacks?"

Ann Romney has a horse.