Has Chan Gailey lost this team?

HOUSE

Chan Gailey   

197 members have voted

1. 1. Has Chan losing control of the team?

It seems strange to me that a team with undeniable talent can completely cave 2 out of 4 weeks.

You have to admit allowing 6 scores in a row by the Patriots is an indicator of internal problems.Even the worst Buffalo teams can stop a drive or two.

The Jets appear to be one of the worst teams in the league yet the Bills were completely embarrassed in the opener. Again the Bills made a below quarterback look like Johnny U.

No team gives up 100 points in 2 division games, a 40 year old record unless there are deeper problems.

Something has to be up here ???

A sure sign of losing a team is a loss of confidence and a talented roster playing far below its capabilities.

Has Chan Gailey lost this team? I think the answer is coming this week against the 49ers...

GO BILLS!!

Edited by HOUSE

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to get all philosophical or dynamic but there is a lot of growth for this team. Unless we flunk out the rest of the season we still have a long way to go with Chan at the helm. With the new additions, with the new coaching strategies, the new formations and schemes we have a lot of a workload. These defenders are playing different positions then last year, learning new responsibilities, and in the processes of the often abused term of "gelling."

Does this team have an identity problem? Yes. Does this team need better coaching? Yes. In two games we have seen poor planning, poor adjustments, and poor performance. Does that mean we fire any coaches? No. We endure, we give it time. We learn from our mistakes with other regimes and see if it can stay the course. Unless we poop out the season - win only a few more games and play poorly I think we keep Gailey. Anyone who thought it would take 2 to 3 years with the team we had was dreadfully wrong. Switching defenses to a 3-4 set us back an additional year, but that is also a prime example of poor coaching.

Gailey has only lost this team as far as this team has lost itself.

If he were ever going to lose the team, it would have happened at 0-8.

These guys have been through a lot together. Fitz may be losing the team if he can't cut down on the mistakes and start finding Stevie with more regularity, and Wannstedt may be losing the team if he can't put the D in a better position to succeed. But I am not sure that Chan has lost anyone, yet.

Troubling to me is Graham's piece about Williams 'owning the lockerroom.' I'm sure that during negotiations the Bills brass got caught up in things nearly as much as we did. He asked for it, he got it. Because he doesn't seem to have passion for the game you have to wonder how this will turn out.

I voted yes because so far this season it seems like the players go into a shell when adversity hits, which I didn’t see last season and to me, a lot of that has to do with the coaches. The beginning of last season, we fell behind in a few games and the players never seemed to quit. We’ve had 2 division games so far this season that we fell way behind in. Against the Jets, there was no sense of urgency from the players to try and mount a comeback until it was too late. Even my wife commented in the 3rd quarter that they were just taking their time and looked like they’d already given up. Against the *Pats* you could see it in the players demeanor that they had given up once we fell behind 28-21…especially the defense. We had no answers and the players looked lost most of the time. There was no fight left in them, you could see that “here we go again” look on their faces…which is a huge reason why Marsha just drove them down the field with no problem again and again.

The players have to have confidence in the coaches/schemes. Last season, the players looked like they had that confidence but IMO it has been wavering this season. If the players are losing the confidence in the staff to get them in the right situation, then the staff is losing the team. If part of the staff is losing the team, Chan is losing the team.

I am not jumping off the cliff and am not near the edge. I am however starting to wonder if Chan can handle being both the HC and OC. Let’s see how the players react this weekend if we fall behind by a few scores.

Not to get all philosophical or dynamic but there is a lot of growth for this team. Unless we flunk out the rest of the season we still have a long way to go with Chan at the helm. With the new additions, with the new coaching strategies, the new formations and schemes we have a lot of a workload. These defenders are playing different positions then last year, learning new responsibilities, and in the processes of the often abused term of "gelling."

Does this team have an identity problem? Yes. Does this team need better coaching? Yes. In two games we have seen poor planning, poor adjustments, and poor performance. Does that mean we fire any coaches? No. We endure, we give it time. We learn from our mistakes with other regimes and see if it can stay the course. Unless we poop out the season - win only a few more games and play poorly I think we keep Gailey. Anyone who thought it would take 2 to 3 years with the team we had was dreadfully wrong. Switching defenses to a 3-4 set us back an additional year, but that is also a prime example of poor coaching.

Gailey has only lost this team as far as this team has lost itself.

Agree, nice post

I voted yes because so far this season it seems like the players go into a shell when adversity hits, which I didn’t see last season and to me, a lot of that has to do with the coaches. The beginning of last season, we fell behind in a few games and the players never seemed to quit. We’ve had 2 division games so far this season that we fell way behind in. Against the Jets, there was no sense of urgency from the players to try and mount a comeback until it was too late. Even my wife commented in the 3rd quarter that they were just taking their time and looked like they’d already given up. Against the *Pats* you could see it in the players demeanor that they had given up once we fell behind 28-21…especially the defense. We had no answers and the players looked lost most of the time. There was no fight left in them, you could see that “here we go again” look on their faces…which is a huge reason why Marsha just drove them down the field with no problem again and again.

The players have to have confidence in the coaches/schemes. Last season, the players looked like they had that confidence but IMO it has been wavering this season. If the players are losing the confidence in the staff to get them in the right situation, then the staff is losing the team. If part of the staff is losing the team, Chan is losing the team.

I am not jumping off the cliff and am not near the edge. I am however starting to wonder if Chan can handle being both the HC and OC. Let’s see how the players react this weekend if we fall behind by a few scores.

The 49ers will be the test. Buffalo should be able to play with the best. No reason to get blown away.

I voted not sure because quite frankly I'm not sure.

Could be Fitz has lost the confidence of the D to help them out or worse yet his o team mates to get them the ball where they can either catch it or catch it and not get killed.

Could be Wanny who has lost the D. His lack of presence on the sidelines bugs me to no end as well as his lack of adjustments/ poor scheming.

Could be Gailey, lets face it his record as hc is abysmal and was outdone by the immortal Dickless Jauron, his teams are physically dominated to the point that the Jets let it be known through the media that their goal is to physically intimidate the Bills or Brady being seen calling them b*tches.

Could be any or all of these things. It will be interesting to see how they handle this stretch coming up and more importantly how they handle the whooping they just took as they head into face a very tough and physical niners team.

I am confused why everyone is acting like we have 0 wins and are the worst team in football? We played a disgraceful half of football last week and got blown out by them team many people had going undefeated this year. The Patriots weren't slipping...they lost 2 games by less than a field goal... didn't exactly get killed. They are a really good team.

I in no way think Gailey has lost this team. there are going to be bumps in the road and plain and simple this isn't a 10 or 11 win team. I still think we win 9 and maybe thats enough to get into a wildcard, maybe its not. 9 wins is what I expected and still expect.