Mario Williams playing with Injury?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He claims that this injury is from last season.

Didn't the team give him a physical, which should have revealed issues with it with pressure as he insists.

I'd have made dam sure that it was fine before shelling out a fraction of what they gave much less that silly and absurd contract.

But hey, that's what we've grown to know and expect from this illustrious FO.

How 'bout another round of how well Nix is doing! Cheers

He claims that this injury is from last season.

Didn't the team give him a physical, which should have revealed issues with it with pressure as he insists.

I'd have made dam sure that it was fine before shelling out a fraction of what they gave much less that silly and absurd contract.

But hey, that's what we've grown to know and expect from this illustrious FO.

How 'bout another round of how well Nix is doing! Cheers

From preseason, no?

Anyone whose played football, especially anything on the Defensive Line, knows that if your wrist is injured you cannot perform like you normally do. Am I satisfied with how he's played? No. Do I think the wrist injury could have an impact? Yes.

The fact of the matter is because of who he is, and what he's paid, people incomprehensibly believe he should be Bruce Smith or, as mentioned here Ronnie Lott, he's not, and I doubt anyone will ever be as much of a game changer as B. Smith was. Step away from the edge. If anyone is to blame for recent Defense issues it's Wannstedt. He is responsible for adjusting to an offense and motivating his players. He has done neither.

The biggest problem I have with Mario is how he's handled the adversity.

All he has to do is act a little humble, acknowledge that he's not playing to his potential and say he's going to work his ass off to get it turned around.

It's not hard to get us long suffering fans on your side even if you suck, we love to embrace and protect our own (except for a few douche bags or non-douche Kelsay).

He's coming off as a complete kitty.

RTB

This guy has been nothing but excuses so far. He has the physical tools to be considered one of the all time greats and he seems content to just be rich, what a shame.

I'm sorry, maybe I read a different interview, but where in there was he making excuses? Again, the reporter asked about his wrist, he explained what was going on with it. Nothing more.

He even went on to say "It comes down to finding a way to do it and try to overlook it. It is a big part of my game and I just have to go out and do it." So basically its not an excuse and shouldn't be used as one.

I swear some fans love to hate players.

I'm sorry, maybe I read a different interview, but where in there was he making excuses? Again, the reporter asked about his wrist, he explained what was going on with it. Nothing more.

He even went on to say "It comes down to finding a way to do it and try to overlook it. It is a big part of my game and I just have to go out and do it." So basically its not an excuse and shouldn't be used as one.

I swear some fans love to hate players.

People hear what they want to hear. Read what they want to read. As long as it fits the narrative they've formed in their head.

The biggest problem I have with Mario is how he's handled the adversity.

All he has to do is act a little humble, acknowledge that he's not playing to his potential and say he's going to work his ass off to get it turned around.

It's not hard to get us long suffering fans on your side even if you suck, we love to embrace and protect our own (except for a few douche bags or non-douche Kelsay).

He's coming off as a complete kitty.

RTB

what fans do you hang out with?

what fans do you hang out with?

Life-long Bills fans.

All I'm saying is that it would be very easy for Mario to decrease the amount of heat he is getting with a little better PR on his part. In the end, it will come down to his production and impact in games.

RTB

Ok so he is hurt? A lot of players play through injuries. This is FOOTBALL people get hurt, I also think peoples expectations for Mario were a little unrealistic coming into the season. FACT is he was coming off IR and was going need significant time get his timing back and with another injury may delay it even more.