Who will be the Bills QB next year

At this rate Geno will be the #1 overall pick.. we'll have to be pretty bad to get that

So what??

If the Bills finish 7-9 or 8-8 they will draft 11 or 12th or maybe 15th.

Do what you gotta do to get him offer the farm like the Redskins did. Make an RG3 like offer.

In Geno Smith you got a guy that's focused on being great.

My parents were from W.Virginia so I'm biased but we would have a true franchise QB.

Why not?? Get him anyway you can because he can take you to the playoff NOW.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, we may be able to draft a top QB prospect next year the way things are looking. But does anyone know which quarterbacks will be free agents?

Another possibility may be the guy (Flynn?) sitting on the bench in Seattle. Teams may be looking to trade for him.

Fitz will never lead us to the promised land. No inconsistent, weak armed quarterback of his magnitude will.

Matt Flynn lost his job to a 4th round rookie for Gods Sake....Let us move...I agree with another poster, that we should stop picking from other people's garbage and should draft our own QB.

the bills wont have the first pick but the bills NEED geno smith. they should just start packaging 3 1st rounders now and lets finally get it over with and get a elite QB. thats my dream. but itll likely be my nightmare and we select a DB/RB and then take ej manuel later. lucky us

Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the starting QB next year. Buffalo won't have a high enough pick to select anyone developed enough to be given the keys to the car in their first year.

The questions remains: would Buddy Nix trade up to 5-10 spots to get his guy? He talks about letting the draft come to him, but those days are long gone. It's no guarantee that a trade means a franchise guy (NYJ w/Sanchez comes to mind) but it's clear sitting tight on draft day when you need a QB is a loser's mindset. If you like a guy, go get him or else someone will.

IIRC, RF's contract was essentially a succession of 1 year deals with a large bonus paid at the front. I do know that neither he, Tyler Thigpen, or Tarvaris Jackson are the answers. Buddy needs to stop being scared and go after someone. We're told he's this personnel genius, but he hasn't gotten the QB position right since he arrived.

Nix hasn't addressed the QB position bc the Bills had too many other needs across the board. He can't get everything at once. A young QB is more likely to succeed with a good team around him. Same for an avg QB like Fitz.

Also, folks need to stop thinking it would be easy to trade up. The Rams wanted to do a deal. There is no guarantee whichever team has the opportunity to take the top QB in the draft will want to deal. They might prefer to take their QB in spite of the picks they are offered. GM's can find QB's outside the top 10. By April, Smith, as good as he looks, might not be the consensus number 1 QB anyway. He could be there at 10 or 15. Other QB's could move ahead of him. Folks seem to forget the groundhog nature of the NFL draft buildup and political elections. Same ish everytime.

Has Buddy Nix or Chan ever gotten the QB position right?

If I remember correctly Buddy is the one that traded Breeze away

The way that Chans system takes 3 years to ramp up means that we should have taken a young franchise QB up front, not 3 years into the process for crying out loud!!!!!! This is just stupidity. If Chan keeps Wanny for the entire year & he keeps getting us blown out- than Chan needs to be replaced. From what I've seen so far, Wanny is a liability & the entire defense does not want to play for him.

I've said it before & I still feel that we should have hired someone else as Head Coach & simply made Chan OC

We can only pray to get a healthy Gino Smith.

Edited by BuffaloFan68

I know he lost his job after a big free agent deal to Russell Wilson, but I would still take Matt Flynn if

Seattle was willing to be reasonable.

Thoughts, and who is your pick/guess ?

Skelton

Well, we'll likely finish with 7 or 8 wins and end up with a mediocre draft position. We'll draft BPA and that won't be a QB. We'll probably take a QB in the mid-rounds (think, Trent Edwards) to groom behind Fitz. So, I'll say Fitz starts the 2013 season at QB and gives way later in the season or in 2014 to the new guy.

Landry Jones would fit that, nice arm but not good under pressure, could be a good NFL QB but it will take a ton of work on his part.

Has Buddy Nix or Chan ever gotten the QB position right?

If I remember correctly Buddy is the one that traded Breeze away

The way that Chans system takes 3 years to ramp up means that we should have taken a young franchise QB up front, not 3 years into the process for crying out loud!!!!!! This is just stupidity. If Chan keeps Wanny for the entire year & he keeps getting us blown out- than Chan needs to be replaced. From what I've seen so far, Wanny is a liability & the entire defense does not want to play for him.

I've said it before & I still feel that we should have hired someone else as Head Coach & simply made Chan OC

We can only pray to get a healthy Gino Smith.

You are wrong, I suggest using google.

Edited by BuffaloBillsSD

If the Ravens take their division Flaco isn't going anywhere.

If he doesn't I'd take him in heart beat, but really think Ravens sign him anyway. With our O-line and system (if Chan is still here) he would have more time to throw and can make all the the throws unlike Fitz.

Well Buddy likes to draft from the south east...

My guess is AJ McCarron (if he comes out for the draft) from Alabama or EJ Manuel from Florida State. Other possibilities are Tyler Wilson from Arkansas or Tyler Bray from Tennessee. Don't expect Matt Barkley from USC.

Bray will be awesome but he needs more time to develop and if he is smart should stay in for his senior year. If not we should grab him anyway and let him develop under us.

Matt Flynn lost his job to a 4th round rookie for Gods Sake....Let us move...I agree with another poster, that we should stop picking from other people's garbage and should draft our own QB.

it was a third rounder get it right :D

But Flynn is way more consistent than Fitz and would be an upgrade.

Well Buddy likes to draft from the south east...

My guess is AJ McCarron (if he comes out for the draft) from Alabama or EJ Manuel from Florida State. Other possibilities are Tyler Wilson from Arkansas or Tyler Bray from Tennessee. Don't expect Matt Barkley from USC.

I don't ever want to see another "Tyler" on our roster. What a waste of space Thigpen is.

But Flynn is way more consistent than Fitz and would be an upgrade.

I'm not a Fitz fan, but -- On what exactly are you basing this? One garbage game?

BA

Edited by Bud Adams

I don't ever want to see another "Tyler" on our roster. What a waste of space Thigpen is.

I'm not a Fitz fan, but -- On what exactly are you basing this? One garbage game?

BA

two garbage games and preseason.

he throws an accurate ball and is consistent. I think he's about as good as Fitz but without the knuckle balls and bonehead picks, which if Fitz did that we wouldn't be having all these QB discussion as he would be good enough.

How many times have we seen Fitz throw a bullet and think, yea he's finally getting it then a little latter throws a duck to a defender and think, Romo.

Flynn would give us consistency and would be good enough to get us to the playoffs.

p.s. we'd be lucky to get Tyler Bray.

We need a HC before we need a QB. Buddy Nix hasn't been drafting too bad but Chan just doesn't impress me. Wann-stache needs to go as well. Bill Polian turned us, the Panthers, and the Colts into winners. Wade Phillips was a hell of a DC but not HC. These are not coincidences.

Nix hasn't addressed the QB position bc the Bills had too many other needs across the board. He can't get everything at once. A young QB is more likely to succeed with a good team around him. Same for an avg QB like Fitz.

Also, folks need to stop thinking it would be easy to trade up. The Rams wanted to do a deal. There is no guarantee whichever team has the opportunity to take the top QB in the draft will want to deal. They might prefer to take their QB in spite of the picks they are offered. GM's can find QB's outside the top 10. By April, Smith, as good as he looks, might not be the consensus number 1 QB anyway. He could be there at 10 or 15. Other QB's could move ahead of him. Folks seem to forget the groundhog nature of the NFL draft buildup and political elections. Same ish everytime.

I totally agree with this and I think the timing will be perfect this year to make the move. They will not be able to get G Smith unless the team picking first does not need a QB (which is doubtful). Chances are that the Bills can move up enough to get the 3rd best guy so Buffalo needs to do some serious homework and figure out who that is. This team is not far away and the time is now. We have the oline to protect the new guy and the D will only get better.

2014 will be the best sports year in over 10 years for the city of Buffalo

I totally agree with this and I think the timing will be perfect this year to make the move. They will not be able to get G Smith unless the team picking first does not need a QB (which is doubtful). Chances are that the Bills can move up enough to get the 3rd best guy so Buffalo needs to do some serious homework and figure out who that is. This team is not far away and the time is now. We have the oline to protect the new guy and the D will only get better.

2014 will be the best sports year in over 10 years for the city of Buffalo

I just threw up in my mouth a bit,

Nothing substantial changes until the team has new ownership.

Unfortunately, this is the reality. This ownership and front office will never give the area a winning team. Sadly, new ownership will build that winning team, but it won't be here..