Wannstedt needs to be fired

FireChan

I don't think Wanny should be fired, yet. But if they show one more shot of him on his cozy booth sitting on his ass then I'm going explode. He needs to be at field level. He needs to be there to fire up his players and get in their faces if necessary.

Can't stand coaches in the booth. It affects communication and motivation. Get down on the field you bum!

I guess the only way there will be any change is when the stands look like death valley. When it starts to hurt their pocket books, then they run out and "buy" a guy that excites the Bills faithful and every one of us is suddenly pumped up. The stands are filled, and then it's the same old s*** all over again. I don't have an answer but it's getting pretty damn depressing watching the Bills get smoked by the Pats as bad as they did today.

Surprised nobody jumped on you for this. This hostage crap is ridiculous. It's a win-win for Ralph. Fans come support a subpar product - he profits, fans don't come out team moves and he is absolved of blame. Awesome. Thanks Ralph! :doh: Professional pride. Professional pride that is lacking sorely and the Bills all-time record reflects that.

Why does everything have to be either/or around here? Any time you lose this badly, there's plenty of blame to go around! :angry:

The defense stank--no one is arguing with that. But Fitz threw four interceptions today, so don't act like he didn't contribute to the loss.

Thank you! Saying Fitz sucks doesn't mean anyone thinks the loss is all his fault. Hell if they won and he threw 4 ints I would still say he sucks, as I have been doing. He isn't a starting qb in this league! Excellent excellent backup but if you're defending him and realize that he is in the lower half of starting qbs in the league, then not looking to upgrade is terrible. This position drives a team sports team more than any other and the Bills don't have a very good one...

One was "garbage time" because we had just gotten 28 scored on us and he was trying to force it. Another was an unlucky deflection, kinda blameless. But lets talk about CJ Spiller fumble on the 1, instead of two INT's that we held the patriots to two 3 and outs. Or the Fred Jackson fumble when we were down 7. Those fumbles cost us more than Fitzpatrick's INT's by a landslide.

The direct result doesn't matter. Every play the D has to be out on the field is tiring and matters more at the end of the game when the cumulative effects add up. The o is not without culpability in this loss. 6 turnovers is a loser every time, but let's not pretend that Fitz is a) blameless and b) anything more than a somewhat serviceable qb. This position needs an upgrade!

What i would do for a rex ryan coached D.

Rob Ryan would be available for a hc job :devil: . For those that bashed the Rex idea - he has a horrible qb, no wrs (worse than the Bills collection even), and just had the most important player on the d tear an acl. Please don't let homerism get you to say that Wanny is anywhere near as good a dc as Rex.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No coaching staff, no front office, poor drafts, and horrible FA aquisitions over the last decade. Next year the re-building process will start again with new substandard coaching and front office. 6 - 10 for the 2012 season.

Lol

Remember when everyone was blaming George Edwards for being the reason why the defence sucked (and the co-ordinator before him, and the one before him, and the one before him, etc) and Were BEGGING the Bills to let "The 'Stache" take over because it was the co-ordinators fault the defence sucks.

Well, the honeymoons over I guess and it took 4 games to break out the torches to run "The 'Stache" out of town...............

Pats go to halftime, figure it out, and run them out of the building. Stache sits up there and just keeps taking punch after punch after punch and does nothing.

Agree. That's why the Pats* win. Yeah, they got a great QB. But we were beating that QB in the first half.

They adjusted. They zagged. We stupidly and stubbornly kept zigging. This was a complete coaching failure.

Even with the picks, and fumbles, we could have won this game...if we coached smartly.

Still can't believe the insanity of staying the course on a failing scheme--Nickel D, no blitzes--while the Pats were eating us alive.

Edited by Just in Atlanta

Okay okay okay, we've had two embarrassing losses to division opponents. If you believe there's no reason to celebrate after a fast start, the reverse must apply to a slow start.

Both losses were a result of over-keying and under-adjusting (over-played the run against Jets, they passed to their hearts content, over-played the pass against Pats*, hosted a track meet).

May be Wanny should come down from the booth. May be Mario should spend the rest of 2012 Sunday to Sunday chained to a pole next to squat rack and a bench press, in a dark, moldy basement lit by a single candle, living off one serving of raw hamburger meat a day.

Or may be Wanny should be fired.

But seriously: who would replace him?

If Chan is fired (or demoted to OC, which would be a better move, IMO), who replaces him

There's no coaching heir-apparent on staff right now, so a midseason switch would be a veritable blow-up. Do you really think the organization is ready to forfeit the season four weeks in??

Okay okay okay, we've had two embarrassing losses to division opponents. If you believe there's no reason to celebrate after a fast start, the reverse must apply to a slow start.

Both losses were a result of over-keying and under-adjusting (over-played the run against Jets, they passed to their hearts content, over-played the pass against Pats*, hosted a track meet).

May be Wanny should come down from the booth. May be Mario should spend the rest of 2012 Sunday to Sunday chained to a pole next to squat rack and a bench press, in a dark, moldy basement lit by a single candle, living off one serving of raw hamburger meat a day.

If Chan is fired (or demoted to OC, which would be a better move, IMO), who replaces him

There's no coaching heir-apparent on staff right now, so a midseason switch would be a veritable blow-up. Do you really think the organization is ready to forfeit the season four weeks in??

I agree with you about over-reacting and don't forget how bad the Giants looked for much of the first half of last year. And it's a good point that the talent seems to be there, so in theory these issues are fixable.

As for who would replace Wanny - Bob Sanders is on staff and has coached a defense before (albeit not with great results). If Wanny simply refuses to make adjustments during games, we can't really do much worse - I'd cut him loose right away and name Sanders as the interim.

No but they should.. the road gets much tougher now. We had a home game vs a divisional opponent, there are no secrets in that game and they got absolutely pounded for 52 points. That was a game they needed, if there was ever a time to get another W vs NE it was yesterday with their injuries.

Now they go on the road to play some of the best teams in football...no hope.

I agree with you about over-reacting and don't forget how bad the Giants looked for much of the first half of last year. And it's a good point that the talent seems to be there, so in theory these issues are fixable.

As for who would replace Wanny - Bob Sanders is on staff and has coached a defense before (albeit not with great results). If Wanny simply refuses to make adjustments during games, we can't really do much worse - I'd cut him loose right away and name Sanders as the interim.

Interesting...the "nothing to lose" mentality borders on desperation though, and I'm not sure I'm there YET (see below).

No but they should.. the road gets much tougher now. We had a home game vs a divisional opponent, there are no secrets in that game and they got absolutely pounded for 52 points. That was a game they needed, if there was ever a time to get another W vs NE it was yesterday with their injuries.

Now they go on the road to play some of the best teams in football...no hope.

The Patriots* scored 45 points in 23 minutes.

We didn't get kicked around for the 37 minutes prior. Something happened, and happened big time. There were fumbles, there were picks, but we did NOT get beat up and down the field, in fact, for MOST of the game, we were doing the ass-kicking.

If it had been a jailbreak for the word 'go,' then something would have to give, but at the very least they demonstrated the ability to get up and stay up on the Patriots.* I'm not exactly sure how, when or why the wheels officially came off, but the game was more akin to the lead car bursting into flames five laps before the finish then an old-fashioned beat-down.

The only explanation I can come up with for what we saw yesterday is that Wanny was on the Take. And believe me, I don't say that lightly.

That doesn't even make any sense. Stache did nothing different than he did the first 3 games ... come in with a game plan and not alter it at all.

Saying he sucks is one thing, and so far anyway is correct. But crooked is something else altogether and unwarranted.

That doesn't even make any sense. Stache did nothing different than he did the first 3 games ... come in with a game plan and not alter it at all.

Saying he sucks is one thing, and so far anyway is correct. But crooked is something else altogether and unwarranted.

Yea, I highly doubt he took money from the Patriots to throw the game. Its more likely he wants the HCing job, so he tanked on purpose to screw his good friend who hired him. :lol:

Yea, I highly doubt he took money from the Patriots to throw the game. Its more likely he wants the HCing job, so he tanked on purpose to screw his good friend who hired him. :lol:

That also makes no sense. Stache gets kicked to the curb long before Gailey if things keep going as they are. :)

Not sure why you bother responding to the "we should fire______ in the middle of the season" posts?

The game was crying for him to put his two linebackers in the game.

He did nothing while they were running for 11 yards every play.

At least man up and stop the run!

And the failure to blitz even once when the pass rush was ineffective was inexcusable.

He sat back and did nothing from beginning to end; tough to watch.

Everytime you pass there are three things that can happen and two of them are bad so, when presented with the choice of defending the run or the pass, always defend the run.