The Drones Are Here

I. Saw. The. Plane.

Blindly questioning everything is every bit as dumb as blindly accepting everything.

So someone on the Internet told me they saw the plane so it must be true. I read an interesting stat the other day- we spent $6 million on 9/11 commission and $52 million on Clinton affair. Wow do we have our priorities straight

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So someone on the Internet told me they saw the plane so it must be true. I read an interesting stat the other day- we spent $6 million on 9/11 commission and $52 million on Clinton affair. Wow do we have our priorities straight

LOL.........what an incredibly weak response.

How about a link to your fascinating (and non responsive) "spending on investigations" comment.

cause, you know, we can't believe it just because you typed it on the internet..........................what a hoot.

So Tom is in on the conspiracy?

LOL.........what an incredibly weak response.

How about a link to your fascinating (and non responsive) "spending on investigations" comment.

cause, you know, we can't believe it just because you typed it on the internet..........................what a hoot.

Lol at your ad hominem attack. Try googling Lewinsky Challenger 911 investigation. https://www.stumbleupon.com/content/8i6Fdz/likes not the most reliable source but I spent 10 seconds googling and that is what turned up. I have read many different figures and the gist is we spent much more on challenger, a little less on Lewinsky, and much less on 911 investigations. Go ahead and show me figures otherwise.

Americans are the most indoctrinated society outside North Korea IMO. We are a thin skinned bunch with overzealous nationalism. Why should we be so proud to be Americans? I asked myself this hard question, and have pondered it the past 20 years. My source of pride was my belief that we were free and almost always just. Well I no longer feel that way and it is a much shittier feeling then realizing there was no Santa

Lol at your ad hominem attack. Try googling Lewinsky Challenger 911 investigation. https://www.stumbleupon.com/content/8i6Fdz/likes not the most reliable source but I spent 10 seconds googling and that is what turned up. I have read many different figures and the gist is we spent much more on challenger, a little less on Lewinsky, and much less on 911 investigations. Go ahead and show me figures otherwise.

Americans are the most indoctrinated society outside North Korea IMO. We are a thin skinned bunch with overzealous nationalism. Why should we be so proud to be Americans? I asked myself this hard question, and have pondered it the past 20 years. My source of pride was my belief that we were free and almost always just. Well I no longer feel that way and it is a much shittier feeling then realizing there was no Santa

Because how much money does it take to come to the conclusion that "yup, a bunch of Arabs hijacked planes and flew them into buildings"?

Because how much money does it take to come to the conclusion that "yup, a bunch of Arabs hijacked planes and flew them into buildings"?

it was a little more complicated that....and certainly more complicated then our President sticking his dick in an intern

Lol at your ad hominem attack. Try googling Lewinsky Challenger 911 investigation. https://www.stumbleu...nt/8i6Fdz/likes not the most reliable source but I spent 10 seconds googling and that is what turned up. I have read many different figures and the gist is we spent much more on challenger, a little less on Lewinsky, and much less on 911 investigations. Go ahead and show me figures otherwise.

:lol:

Pete's gone EMO.

it was a little more complicated that....and certainly more complicated then our President sticking his dick in an intern

In your conspiracy laden brain it was much more complicated. In my brain it was: Planes+Arabs+box cutters+buildings+fire=OH ****!!

Which is why the budgetary numbers you take as gospel are wildly incorrect.

So someone on the Internet told me they saw the plane so it must be true.

Are you !@#$ing serious? Think on that, and ponder how unbelievably retarded it is to basically say "You're just some guy on the internet who contradicts what I read on the internet." :wallbash:

Which is why the budgetary numbers you take as gospel are wildly incorrect.

Are you !@#$ing serious? Think on that, and ponder how unbelievably retarded it is to basically say "You're just some idiot on the internet who contradicts what I read on the internet." :wallbash:

fixed it.

• 1 month later...

The police chiefs convention is in San Diego this week. On the local news they are showing some of the fun new law enforcement tools. Yup drones were being sold.

So I'm in Costco yesterday and they're selling remote controlled 4 rotor camera-equipped drones for about $295. Guess I'm behind the curve. Googled the brand info when I got home and found this:

http://www.engadget....80-feet-on-lte/

Wonder how much noise they make?

And as food for thought:

http://www.stanfordl...rivacy-catalyst

You might think drones would already be ubiquitous. There are, however, Federal Aviation Administration restrictions on the use of unmanned aircraft systems, restrictions that date back several years. Some public agencies have petitioned for waiver. Customs and Border Protection uses drones to police our borders. Recently the state of Oklahoma asked the FAA for a blanket waiver of eighty miles of airspace. Going forward, waiver may not be necessary. The FAA faces increasing pressure to relax its restrictions and is considering rulemaking to reexamine drone use in domestic airspace.[4]

Agency rules impede the use of drones for now; United States privacy law does not. There is very little in our privacy law that would prohibit the use of drones within our borders. Citizens do not generally enjoy a reasonable expectation of privacy in public, nor even in the portions of their property visible from a public vantage. In 1986, the Supreme Court found no search where local police flew over the defendant’s backyard with a private plane.[5] A few years later, the Court admitted evidence spotted by an officer in a helicopter looking through two missing roof panels in a greenhouse.[6] Neither the Constitution nor common law appears to prohibit police or the media from routinely operating surveillance drones in urban and other environments.

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

• 2 months later...

http://www.weather.com/news/local/drones-spur-fierce-debate-in-20130201

One of the hot-button topics in state politics -- drones -- has come to Oregon, igniting a debate over technology, privacy and the promise of a tantalizing new industry.

"The last thing I think people want to do is look outside their picture window or their bedroom window and see a drone," Prozanski says, explaining why he drafted Senate Bill 71. "This seems somewhat space age. But the reality is, they're here."

Advance the clock 10 years and your drones are the size of flies and the price of a can of coke. They will be all over in the future, and not just the government's.

That age old question of privacy vs safety. If you're a parent, would you want to see if your kid is safe all the hours they are not with you? Or would you want their privacy protected at the risk to their well being? Not the easiest question. (This ignores the Ashley Madison aspects of bugs.)

Edited by John Adams

Advance the clock 10 years and your drones are the size of flies and the price of a can of coke. They will be all over in the future, and not just the government's.

That age old question of privacy vs safety. If you're a parent, would you want to see if you're id is safe all the ours they are not with you? Or would you want their privacy protected at the risk to their well being? Not the easiest question. (Tis ignores the Ashley Madison aspects of bugs.)

First step: Condition the public to believe that surrendering their constitutional right to privacy is the only way to guarantee the public safety.

Second step: Take away all the guns and limit the populace's ability to fight back.

Third step: 049_xlarge.jpeg

If drones actually "see" someone committing a crime in their backyard behind a nice tall solid privacy fence, can that be used as evidence?

If they see a crime on public property, that's fine. But I would think that private property is still an illegal search.

I need a Law and Order episode to teach me about this.