#BillsMafia getting some press....

The Poojer

That article was in the Huffington post or a blog? Looks like a 3rd grader wrote it.

Also, its not that impressive to me. Especially how it started. I am probably one of the most troll friendly people and their acts to troll Schefter were cheesey. The whole bit seems contrived and hollow. The group claims to be a mafia and acts like they got some muscle.. but beyond twitter what have they really done? They seem as much like posers as anything. Until they do some real trolling and until they flex some muscle (DDOS, use some LOIC, i dont know, something) in their online kingdom then I will not take it seriously.

I have nothing but love for ALL Bills fans, but that may be the gayest name of all time.

So-SO LAME. Outsiders who hear that name think the same thing. It is just trying too hard to sound cool, which makes it incredibly un-cool and ultra contrived.

If you have to identify yourself as part of the Billsmafia, and are like-serious about it, then you have a bit of an identity problem...Im simply a Bills fan.

Note: There was some people using the term "Bills Nation"...Dont like that either-That belongs to The Raiders (and Red Sox sort of too)

I hate to put down other Bills fans in their support for our team, but does #BillsMafia make anyone else cringe when the hear or see it? I know I do.

Kinda.

Though, Adam Schefter is a complete waste of space. So I do agree with their movement on that front, at least.

Okay, I'm glad a big crap-cloud hovered over this thread, because I wasn't about to share similar sentiment, unless it was already prevailing.

To echo a prior comment: it's Huffpost, but not really. It's amateur hour from their "chicks who like to, you know, like talk about football" section that nobody reads, and burying this content further is the fact that it's the Bills portion of the section. So I hardly qualify this as "news."

Also, it's a !@#$ing hashtag. The fact that these dweebs (and I know from personal experience that they are in fact pretty lame) are getting any kind of attention for "inventing" or "innovating" a !@#$ing hashtag is--in itself--MIND. BLOWING.

The only thing that makes this even remotely "interesting" is the fact that the players use it, too.

Other than that: LAME

I don't really get the angst toward the group. It's a way for players and fans to interact. People are having fun with it and they are raising a nice chunk of money for Roswell. What's not to like?

Gotta agree, players seem to love it, it gives them a venue to interact with fans on a group basis. It's the age of Social Media, I hate twitter and think the "#" is as LAME as the next guy but is it anymore LAME than anyone here on this message board that spends all day talking about how much they hate ______ (insert anything.) And sorry, anyone that puts time and effort into generating money for a charity, especially Roswell, is not LAME.

If you knew Del, the person who helped start it, i think most of you would change your toon. he is a diehard Bills fan, a great husband and father, and really a great guy.

many people here laugh at 'National Media' guys when they put down Buffalo or the Bills. Del just stood up to one of those National Guys and defended his team. Sorry guys but you are wrong to be negative towards Del and the Bills Mafia. They also donate money to charitable groups. So really what is not to like? Because you do not understand Twitter? I do not either, but congrats to one of Buffalo's own getting some press.

Yes i am a little biased, Del is married to my cousin. I have always found Del to be passionate about his Team and Town only behind his Faith and Family.

I think its kinda cool how the players have picked up and ran with it...as Lange said, let the haters hate and watch the money pile up...

So BillsMafia is lame but grown men dressing up in dresses with pig noses at the Redskins games are cool? Please.

That's why I hate to put down another Bills fan expressing their pride. And I like how they trolled Schefter. And the fact that Bills players are down with it is nice. And charity fundraising speaks for itself.

But I still cringe. And I was under the impression that this was high school kids, not a grown man with kids. I'm sure the guy is nice and all but #billsmafia and "OG's" just sound so damn silly. Those that live out of town probably understand. I just hope it dies out soon.

If you knew Del, the person who helped start it, i think most of you would change your toon. he is a diehard Bills fan, a great husband and father, and really a great guy.

many people here laugh at 'National Media' guys when they put down Buffalo or the Bills. Del just stood up to one of those National Guys and defended his team. Sorry guys but you are wrong to be negative towards Del and the Bills Mafia. They also donate money to charitable groups. So really what is not to like? Because you do not understand Twitter? I do not either, but congrats to one of Buffalo's own getting some press.

Yes i am a little biased, Del is married to my cousin. I have always found Del to be passionate about his Team and Town only behind his Faith and Family.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the people have a problem with the people behind it, I think it's the name itself. It just seems juvenile. It sounds like it was created by an Affliction-shirt-wearing Jimmy Spags on a Kawasaki Ninja.

That being said, good on them. Trolling Schefter makes us all smile.

I'm glad to see the balance of this even out a bit. I don't "tweet" much but I read twitter a bunch. I've interacted with some of the guys and they have been nothing but nice and friendly. Had a back and forth with Luke Russert because of it. I am in the minority that sort of like Schefter, but it was pretty funny that he got his panties in a bunch over a few people teasing him.

I think its kinda cool how the players have picked up and ran with it...as Lange said, let the haters hate and watch the money pile up...

So BillsMafia is lame but grown men dressing up in dresses with pig noses at the Redskins games are cool? Please.

I love the Bills, I respect the players and I don't begrudge anyone making money by creating something and using social media to do it, but it all sounds so forced. I really do cringe when I hear it. Remarkably, I even cringe when a player uses it in a tweet. Normally, I'd love it if a player embraced a fan created movement. But, c'mon...mafia? Also, the people I saw at the home opener representing #billsmafia were so annoying about it that I actually laughed when one got knocked out cold in a pregame fight in the parking lot. I have no idea who started the #billsmafia movement, but it is being co-opted by idiots.

I'm a fan and supporter of #BillsMafia. Granted, I'm not as hardcore as others but I've had numerous interactions with Del, co-founder of BillsMafia, and they do nothing but great stuff for Roswell! Props to them for running with it and supporting a great cause.

For fun, I made a mock poster of "GoodFellas" for BillsMafia. It received the attention of Fred Jackson and Nick Barnett--both whom re-tweeted and posted on Instagram. Hell, Barnett uses it as his avatar on Twitter, and Freddy contacted me about getting him some shirts. I decided to throw some up for sale and raise some money for Roswell too. I think it's a cool movement that is only meant for the best of intentions.

PS- www.brandedbuffalo.com is where you can see the poster that I created. Also working on getting more "Buffalo" themed stuff up.

I'm part of the #Billsmafia on twitter, and its great. I've interacted with numerous other people. Its simply a way for fans to unite in their support of the team. Not to mention that every dollar of #Billsmafia gear purchased goes to Roswell Park. And the players love it. Freddie, Barnett, Stevie, just to name a few.

But if i've got this correct, its not ok for a bunch of random people who all love the Bills to talk with each other under a team specific banner on twitter, but it IS ok for a bunch of random people who all love the Bills to talk with each other under a team specific message board, like TwoBillsDrive?

I'm part of the #Billsmafia on twitter, and its great. I've interacted with numerous other people. Its simply a way for fans to unite in their support of the team. Not to mention that every dollar of #Billsmafia gear purchased goes to Roswell Park. And the players love it. Freddie, Barnett, Stevie, just to name a few.

But if i've got this correct, its not ok for a bunch of random people who all love the Bills to talk with each other under a team specific banner on twitter, but it IS ok for a bunch of random people who all love the Bills to talk with each other under a team specific message board, like TwoBillsDrive?

We keep to ourselves on the board. We do not seek out or provoke others, troll or try to cause an uprising. We do not stick behind anonymous and random names on a social media site to disturb others who do not agree with us. The premise of this site is not that at all.

Bills Mafia, besides the silly name, is just silly. It's great Bills fans can unite, but it's just different.

We keep to ourselves on the board. We do not seek out or provoke others, troll or try to cause an uprising. We do not stick behind anonymous and random names on a social media site to disturb others who do not agree with us. The premise of this site is not that at all.

Aside from the initial Schefter thing, neither do they. Dislike the name all you want they aren't actively being dicks.

Fans connecting, rooting for their team, and raising money for charity. Bunch of Interwebs creeps I tells ya!

Bills Mafia, besides the silly name, is just silly. It's great Bills fans can unite, but it's just different.

This is just very inaccurate. The reason for a hashtag on twitter is so you can find all the tweets that are associated with it. I can go on and search #billsmafia and find all the tweets with that on there quick and easy. This group is not out just taunting people that aren't Bills fans. Sure there is some smack talking with other fans, but it's mostly in good fun. So is jboyst62 a family name?

Who implied that was cool too?

Won't kill it because of good intentions but I also cringe when I hear it for the same reasons - primarily the trying too hard factor. Count me out on this one but more power to those that are doing it, no harm to me.

I'm a fan and supporter of #BillsMafia. Granted, I'm not as hardcore as others but I've had numerous interactions with Del, co-founder of BillsMafia, and they do nothing but great stuff for Roswell! Props to them for running with it and supporting a great cause.

For fun, I made a mock poster of "GoodFellas" for BillsMafia. It received the attention of Fred Jackson and Nick Barnett--both whom re-tweeted and posted on Instagram. Hell, Barnett uses it as his avatar on Twitter, and Freddy contacted me about getting him some shirts. I decided to throw some up for sale and raise some money for Roswell too. I think it's a cool movement that is only meant for the best of intentions.

PS- www.brandedbuffalo.com is where you can see the poster that I created. Also working on getting more "Buffalo" themed stuff up.

Good work!

Bills_Mafia_Shirt.jpg