the meaning of life... wtf...

B word about replacement officials, continue to believe glib politicians, watch mindless TV.

Rinse, repeat

its so weird, i do feel like i put on an act, in front of others. not a complete act, but i never really let the guard down... i feel others are like that. like we are all living in this fantasy, wanting to break out, but nobody does. it's really awkward. like mindless people just walking around, nobody really spending time in deep thought. idk. its like people are just mechanical....

in a strange way, sex lies and videotape touches on this issue of being responsible, being reflective, and mostly honesty. we lose our humanity in a big way when we are not honest.

is this the life i want? are these really my interests? do i really feel i know what i think is true? do i want this relationship? etc...

we actually reject our autonomy when we are dishonest with others and especially ourselves... i think it's pretty important...

great movie! people live an illusion promiseed by society and wind up not even being fully alive. once you know yourself, life simplifies itself.

not to be ridiculous, but what does that mean, knowing yourself? your limitations? physical/mental limitations? your character? your political beliefs, morals? am i shy? confident? and if im shy/confident? then why?

people always say, be yourself. in a moderate sense, sure, yeah, dont put on a front... but there seems to be a bigger you. just because you are not putting on a front, doesnt mean you " know yourself"...

it's strange, because my beliefs, about all ideas, keep changing... ( so who am i really?) does it go beyond simple personality?

i guess by knowing yourself i mean being comfortable with who you are and being at peace in how you fit into the world around you. the psychological term in self-actualization. maybe this will help.

http://en.wikipedia....f-actualization

thats a long way of saying peace of mind with ones shortcomings...

it does make sense

not to be ridiculous, but what does that mean, knowing yourself?

It means go spend a year traveling around Europe and Australia partying while you are still young.

it's strange, because my beliefs, about all ideas, keep changing...

Growing out of your current sound bite political views something that happens to most people once they grow up, so that's normal.

Strip away all the social conventions, masks, layers of deceipt and repression and you are likely to find, not so much an actualized/enlightened spiritual being, but a primitive infantile selfish monster. I still think it’s a noble endeavor, “finding oneself.” It’s just that the reality is a lot messier psychologically than some may want to believe.

just got done watching dinner with andre... sorta scary, our lack of honesty in our lives.

so what do we do?

We post about it on football boards, thinking that we might somehow find some spiritual fulfillment in the internet.

Or at least find it with less effort than it takes to leave mom's basement and go outside for an hour. What the hell is wrong with you?

Strip away all the social conventions, masks, layers of deceipt and repression and you are likely to find, not so much an actualized/enlightened spiritual being, but a primitive infantile selfish monster. I still think it’s a noble endeavor, “finding oneself.” It’s just that the reality is a lot messier psychologically than some may want to believe.

i think people at their core are good. when i mean good, i say yes we are imperfect, and we are jealous, selfish, but we know this.... it is our social contructs that hide this, ie, the problem is exacerbated by our society. e.g. the oppression of women, was never realized, because of these false social constructs. ( a man and woman would still have problems, but artifiicial power structures not justified, created more of a problem)...

Edited by MARCELL DAREUS POWER

i think people at their core are good. when i mean good, i say yes we are imperfect, and we are jealous, selfish, but we know this.... it is our social contructs that hide this, ie, the problem is exacerbated by our society. e.g. the oppression of women, was never realized, because of these false social constructs. ( a man and woman would still have problems, but artifiicial power structures not justified, created more of a problem)...

And what exactly is "good" without our social constructs?

Humans aren't inherently good or bad. We just are.

:huh: ... I need a translation of this.

:huh: ... I need a translation of this.

Allow me to paraphrase.

People are fundamentally positive at their center, albeit solidly flawed. We acknowledge this. It is the confines of society, however, which conceal that which we plainly acknowledge, thereby agitating the problem ie: oblivious domestic violence, false constructs, cats and dogs (although they would still fight, but defined roles have amplified the species/gender struggle).

If that doesn't make sense then simply compound the indefinite interest on your imaginary fiat, comrade.

Allow me to paraphrase.

People are fundamentally positive at their center, albeit solidly flawed. We acknowledge this. It is the confines of society, however, which conceal that which we plainly acknowledge, thereby agitating the problem ie: oblivious domestic violence, false constructs, cats and dogs (although they would still fight, but defined roles have amplified the species/gender struggle).

If that doesn't make sense then simply compound the indefinite interest on your imaginary fiat, comrade.

:lol:

Allow me to paraphrase.

Well done, sir.

No, it's not. It's typing.

The irony being that that observation is in very large part an answer to your original post...

and i never asserted meaning of life from a bbmb... its simply a conversation. not the answer, yes, i agree. but still important... imo

starting to read heidegger, which is a very hard read... ( for me)...

any insight would be welcome...