Packers-Seahawks Live Game Thread

It should be a pick, but according to the rules, it goes to the offensive player. I don't really think this a bad call, but a bad rule. I'm not defending the replacement refs, I think they suck, but I don't think they blew this one, unless my interpretation of the league rules is wrong.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This looks like the play everyone has been waiting for that will end the lockout

took the words right out of my mouth. unbelievable. of course the smart defensive play would have been punching the ball out of bounds, but in all the excitement going for the pick is natural.

It should be a pick, but according to the rules, it goes to the offensive player. I don't really think this a bad call, but a bad rule. I'm not defending the replacement refs, I think they suck, but I don't think they blew this one, unless my interpretation of the league rules is wrong.

I don't think it was a tie at all though. I think it was clearly an INT.

The problem is, that wasn't really simultaneous possession.

If it's 50/50 THEN it goes to the offense.

But that was like 90/10 for the defense, IMO.

As awful as the stripes have been for the second week in a row, I'm having a hard time getting on them about that particular call.

That's an absolutely brutal situation to put ANY official in, regardless of their ability or experience level.

If it was true simultaneous possession, tie goes to offense, but it wasn't simultaneous. By the time Tate got both his hands on the ball, Jennings was in control and both feet touched. Since it's the endzone, play should end on the spot.

I don't think Tate had it to call simultaneous in the first place.

The refs screwed the situation. The blatant push and the defender getting it first made for an obvious call there, even if slightly on the fence.

If it was true simultaneous possession, tie goes to offense, but it wasn't simultaneous. By the time Tate got both his hands on the ball, Jennings was in control and both feet touched. Since it's the endzone, play should end on the spot.

One official realized that, the one closer.. and signaled time out... the guy running up late signaled TD. Bush league.

The ONLY explanation I can think of was there was no angle that definitively showed that it was an INT even though it was clearly an INT. You can clear deduct from several angles that it was an INT. But no one shot showed it to be one enough to overturn. That is just a terrible ripoff for Green Bay, even though I was rooting for Seattle.

A reception possession isn't reviewable.

One official realized that, the one closer.. and signaled time out... the guy running up late signaled TD. Bush league.

Yea I'd be curious the crew mechanics that made him think it was remotely his call. It could've been but I didn't see any reason.