Nice to have people seeing a "trap game" for the Bills (ESPN L

Well, we know this much about Dickie J's defense. We can run at them, around them and over them and the more we run the better off we'll be. We'll be able to at least kick field goals all day long so it will come down to mistakes and our defense. If I'm setting the line it's Bills -2.5

Anyone who still thinks this game is an automatic "W" for the Bills, think again.

The Browns should have beaten the Eagles. They are 0-2, but they do not look weak, and they do not want to go 0-3.

I am confident that the Bills will be focused and know that they have to show that they can win on the road.

From Pro Football Prospectus 2007:

"The theory behind the trap game is that it's hard to stay on an emotional high game after game, so teams are prone to let up against lesser opponents when they're facing them between games against higher quality opponents."

By that definition, this is not a trap game. Regardless, history suggests good teams win "trap games" just as often as they win other games.

The last thing any of us need to worry about is whether the Bills believe they can take any opponent lightly. Please.

Still, James Walker is hardly a quality reporter. His writing is weak, without passion, and often time suspect on information. He will give a reason for his thesis and often times include little to no support, specifically when dealing with players. He seldom uses relevant quotes.

Anyone who still thinks this game is an automatic "W" for the Bills, think again.

The Browns should have beaten the Eagles. They are 0-2, but they do not look weak, and they do not want to go 0-3.

I am confident that the Bills will be focused and know that they have to show that they can win on the road.

I watched the Browns/Eagles game and the Browns had them with the exception of the last few minutes. They have some pieces in place and the Bills must be wary of Trent Richardson. He is a big back. You can count me in the group that until the Bills can bring it on the road, against anybody, they can't take anyone lightly.

This is not a trap game, it is the next game on the schedule for both teams.

We've gotta get after that Weeden kid and knock him on his ass. Plain and simple.

If we start doing it early, and keep repeating it often enough, we might have a chance. I don't know if Spill has the same kind of day at CLE as he had at home vs. KC. I'd start out by softening-up their D line with Tarshard, then implement CJ based on what they give.

I agree with everyone who thinks that this WON'T be a cake-walk.

Yeah, I agree with the general consensus. This by no means whatsoever should be a trap game. If even a couple of Bills think this one is in the bag, we've got a real problem. While the Browns are by no means a powerhouse, it sounds like they are a feisty team that plays for a full 60. The Bills were 4-12 two years ago and 6-10 1 year ago. They are one game removed from a beatdown by the Jets. If they are taking anything for granted, they are a bunch of idiots. That being said, i really don't think they are.

This is an important game. It gives them a chance to establish a road win early in the season and get that off of their backs. Hopefully, one road win early can translate to better play for the rest of the season. Go get 'em Bills!

From Pro Football Prospectus 2007:

"The theory behind the trap game is that it's hard to stay on an emotional high game after game, so teams are prone to let up against lesser opponents when they're facing them between games against higher quality opponents."

By that definition, this is not a trap game. Regardless, history suggests good teams win "trap games" just as often as they win other games.

The last thing any of us need to worry about is whether the Bills believe they can take any opponent lightly. Please.

You are correct. "Trap game" is an imaginary concept to explain a loss of a superior team against a bad team. It's in the same category as "looking past" an inferior team to a tougher game beyond. It's silly.

And it may not be true that the Bills are that much better than the Browns anyway.

This game to me is like Saturday at a Major Golf Tourney. You know..the ole you cant win the tourney on Saturday, but you can sure as chit lose it. I think that is this game. I think a win and the boys are a confident bunch and will be playing in front of a frenzied crowd the next week. Not saying it propels them anywhere, just that it keeps some momentum going.

Loss and the confidense takes a hit i think and I believe they will have a tough time bouncing back. Not saying it cant be done, just will stick them in a hole they will fight for a long time to get off.

BTW, Richradson looked like a beast on some of the highlights I watched.