Shame on Bills Fans

XXL Franchize

Fitz, coming off a terrible 3 INT performance where his accuracy was a major issue, one hops a wide open Chandler on 3rd down on the first possession. I won't lie, I threw my hands up in the air and joined in on the boos. I can't be a blind fan boy supporter who will never criticize the team I love. I've spent too much money and invested too much time over the years to just sit by anymore and just be happy there's a football game. At some point, we as a fanbase deserve better, and at the time, that throw from Fitz looked like a harbinger of what was to come. The outcome ended up being different, but i'll not say the boos weren't deserved.

That ball was tipped at the line though, said the same thing until I saw the replay

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living in New England I don't get to Ralph Wilson stadium often but made the trip for opening day. I always have a great experience and love being with my fellow die hard Bills fans. I had an amazing time at the game and loved every second of the beating we handed the Chiefs. But there was one thing that upset me....... In the first quarter Fitz missed an open man on an out route. It was a definite miss and it was a drive stopper as it was on third down. Then Boo's came from the crowd. It really pissed me off. I thought as Bills fans we were better than that. It was the beginning of the game and it ended up being a game that CJ spiller went OFF for the second week in a row. I understand Fitz may not look like he has polished up the way we expected with the off season. But he's still our quarterback. We don't sign the contracts and we aren't on the practice field. Fitzy is our quarterback and we owe him our support. As Bills fans I thought we ride and die together. Booing your own team feels like a Jets thing....Not a Bills thing....Fitz is a hard worker and deserves the support of the fans. When a Bills player is on the sideline and frustrated it's our job in the stadium to pick them up not put them down....... GO BILLS!!!!!!

I boo'd from my recliner down in Virginia too, and it was deserving, especially if you watched the game against the Jets, and for that matter the last 9 games of last season. That first pass was so terrible, maybe one of the worst in NFL History, and with the fans still reeling from last weekend, the boos were going to come, so you probably need to get used to it. We have a backup at best, starting at the most important position on the team, and with all the young talent, the off season additions coupled with the years of disappointment, it is quite disheartening.

We fans can't show frustration at a mediocre QB, who just got the big $$ with a new contract, who opens up the NFL season with 5 quarters of Ryan Leaf type QB play?

Maybe it will light a fire under Fitz's butt and force him to play better.

And if that works I am going to 7-11 and boo them so they sell me a winning lottery ticket. You can polish a turd but it is always going to be a turd.

He definitely missed some throws but he didn't turn the ball over. He didn't have a great game or anything but my point is that fans should be extended teammates...we all want the same thing. A teammate that kicks another teammate while he's down is just a bad teammate.

Are you getting game checks in the mail or something? Because last I checked we aren't his teammates for one. Second, if you think teammates don't criticize or get frustrated with each other and let the other know it, then you have never played any team sports. Fitz gets paid a ridiculous amount of money to play a GAME for a living, money that is paid for by the FANS of this league, so we have every right to voice our displeasure on the returns of our hard earned spent money for more than a decade. I wasn't at the game, but I was booing him in my living room. We won that game IN SPITE of Fitz.because Spiller and the D stepped up big time. If we would have had to rely on Fitz, we would have been in trouble because he had more bad throws than good this weekend. And the play he was booed on was what I would expect to see from an undrafted rookie getting his first start because the 2 QB's in front of him got hurt during pre game warm ups. It was unexcusable and a terrible way to start the game after what he did last week.

If Fitz doesn't like it, then all he has to do is play better.

Booing is a personal choice and when you buy your license to sit at the game, it's your right to boo to your heart's content. Given his performance in week one, Fitz couldn't have been surprised at the reaction his attempt to a wide open Chandler brought from the crowd.

Those boos turned to cheers when he hit Chandler with the TD pass. Fans are fickle that way.

GO BILLS!!!

This ^

Well I was there and I boooed as well; and I'm a Fitz supporter. Sometimes these millionaires need a little reminding of who they owe their allegence to. When you suck, whether it's a single play or a season we need to let them know. Think of it as similar to politics. We need to let them know when we disapprove.

Tim-

I was at a game against the Colts in the late 80s or early 90s and we all booed Jim Kelly because he stunk up the field the first half. The Colts were a horrible team back then and they were whipping us. Funny thing he came out the second half all fired up, brought the team back, and won the game. He even made a comment after the game - something like "who replaced all the booing fans with cheering fans during halftime". Do you think cheering after a bad play is going to get a player or team fired up? Come on - think about it.

I wasn't saying anything about cheering after a bad play....just to be encouraging and supportive. We obviously aren't excited about a bad play but boos from your home crowd only adds to the frustration for the players. And Jim Kelly was a completely different entity than Fitz.

I wasn't saying anything about cheering after a bad play....just to be encouraging and supportive. We obviously aren't excited about a bad play but boos from your home crowd only adds to the frustration for the players. And Jim Kelly was a completely different entity than Fitz.

And in other news, all beer will be served in sippy cups at RWS. I also believe Bills management should take all the players out for ice cream, win or lose.

That ball was tipped at the line though, said the same thing until I saw the replay

Thank you. I thought I was the only person to think that. I thought maybe Fitz was waiting for Chandler to hit a certain position but after watching it again I think he was trying to clear Tyson Jackson who was being blocked by Pears on that play but was managing to stay between Fitz and Chandler. Fitz kept rolling to clear him, possibly because he didn't want to throw a lollipop on a windy day and preferred to stick all his throws. Anyway, watch Jackson's left arm as he anticipates Fitz's throw and takes a swipe at the ball traveling by. I am 98% sure he grazed it, probably on the top, based on the trajectory of the ball and the "look at me" celebration he was doing afterward that was shown on the Jumbotron. With the ball traveling at ~60 ft/sec there will be no way to see such a slight contact on a replay it unless it's the super slow motion video that CBS, of course, did not provide.

Fitz did not say any different because either he did not notice it because his eyes were focused downfield or he has decided to own any and all criticism, fair or unfair, that comes his way with sort of a big shoulders, anti-Cutler philosophy.