As good as the replacement refs were in Week 1

Simon

They have been flat out horrible today.

Confusion and delays in games all over the league, bizarre spots from guys who are out of position, phantom calls in nearly every game I've watched, etc

The regular NFL refs have had a very good Sunday as I can see pressure starting to mount on the league tomorrow.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well considering the darlings of the league(Patriots) got screwed on a game winning touchdown today, I would say you are right Simon.

They didn't get screwed at all. That was absolutely a legit holding call on the Pats TE right at the point of attack.

Someone correct me if i am wrong, but ANY injury under 2 minutes (of the half/game) should be a charged timeout, correct? There have been 3 times in the first 2 weeks i've seen officials claim there is no charged timeout for an injury at that point because the clock was stopped.

Also, there was a horrendous non-catch call in the NYG-TB game at the end. Freeman hit Williams down the sidelines, he got 2 feet in bounds, had the ball, and was turning to run. He got popped out of bounds, and the ball came out. they ruled it incomplete. In what circle of hell is that not a completion? At worst, it should have been a catch-and-a-fumble, but no way that's incomplete. The refs said he didn't go to the ground with the ball, so that's why it was incomplete.

As far as i can tell, the WR and the ball must have a common-law marriage before it is to be ruled a completed pass.

Someone correct me if i am wrong, but ANY injury under 2 minutes (of the half/game) should be a charged timeout, correct? There have been 3 times in the first 2 weeks i've seen officials claim there is no charged timeout for an injury at that point because the clock was stopped.

Also, there was a horrendous non-catch call in the NYG-TB game at the end. Freeman hit Williams down the sidelines, he got 2 feet in bounds, had the ball, and was turning to run. He got popped out of bounds, and the ball came out. they ruled it incomplete. In what circle of hell is that not a completion? At worst, it should have been a catch-and-a-fumble, but no way that's incomplete. The refs said he didn't go to the ground with the ball, so that's why it was incomplete.

As far as i can tell, the WR and the ball must have a common-law marriage before it is to be ruled a completed pass.

I believe if there was an illegal hit on the injured player, there isn't a timeout called.

And the TB-NYG call was awful. Changed the outcome of that game completely.

Technically, yes; realistically, no. I remember Wilfork rolling around in a playoff game against the Colts years ago. No penalty, and he was right in next play. Then again, he always was a cheating !@#$.

I like how they correct there mistaken calls though. I think the only reason they correct them is because everyone gets together and say what they saw and get the correct call. The regular refs thought they were correct no matter what so they wouldn't bother to get the call right.

Thank you for paying attention, you are the kind of fan the NFL appreciates. Some fans seem to think style points and officials' egos are more important than getting the calls right.

Also, there was a horrendous non-catch call in the NYG-TB game at the end. Freeman hit Williams down the sidelines, he got 2 feet in bounds, had the ball, and was turning to run. He got popped out of bounds, and the ball came out. they ruled it incomplete.

Correct call. The receiver never turned to run but rather was hit by the saftey immediately after the catch. The ball come out as the receiver hit the ground and thus did not complete his football move.

The officials have again been outstanding today.

They have been flat out horrible today.

Confusion and delays in games all over the league, bizarre spots from guys who are out of position, phantom calls in nearly every game I've watched, etc

The regular NFL refs have had a very good Sunday as I can see pressure starting to mount on the league tomorrow.

They wre good in week one? What game did you watch? For a group that calls itself a Professional League and tries to give off an air of legitamacy and integrity, you would think they would get professional officials on the field before someone gets hurt.

Watching a lot of other NFL games not just the Bills does anyone feel that the Replacement Refs are letting a little more go as far as pass interference, holding, and generally letting the game get a little more physical esp compared to the last two seasons where it seems like they have been trying to limit the physical nature of defense.

Although they are still protecting the QB's and calling head hit but I feel like the game is a little more loosely called. Anyone else feel this watching these games.

Watching a lot of other NFL games not just the Bills does anyone feel that the Replacement Refs are letting a little more go as far as pass interference, holding, and generally letting the game get a little more physical esp compared to the last two seasons where it seems like they have been trying to limit the physical nature of defense.

Although they are still protecting the QB's and calling head hit but I feel like the game is a little more loosely called. Anyone else feel this watching these games.

I'm just happy they're apparently not accepting Bob Kraft's payoffs any more...

I've had no real issues with the refs. There not perfect but neither are the "offical NFL refs". You win some, lose some. One thing I do know is NFL refs are replacable.

I've had no real issues with the refs. There not perfect but neither are the "offical NFL refs". You win some, lose some. One thing I do know is NFL refs are replacable.

Agreed. There's always a huge recency bias with stuff like this. The officiating this week was awful because it's fresh in people's minds. There were a ton of bad calls in week 2 last year too.