What is the average age of the posters on TBD?

Dragonborn10

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33. First game was the 1985 season opener against the Chargers in the drizzling rain with Vince Ferragamo at the helm. I was 6 and sat in my Dad's Channel 4 box. I still remember it. They lost, of course. Had season tickets from 87-94 so I saw it all. Of course those seats were outside.

OK random sidebar- from someone who's actually been to all these games that are now legendary, people love to throw around fake temperatures at games they went to. The coldest game I ever went to was a December regular season game against the Raiders when it was 8 degrees. I hear people throw around "below 0" all the time. Never happened* Does anyone else remember that Raiders game?

Edit: *1985-present

the only raiders game that cold that i remember was a playoff game , the tasker run back game to turn the tide, is that the one?

My first game was the 1985 opener (I think) and Vince Feragamo was the quarterback. Lost 14-9 to the Chargers. My grandparents were born & raised in Buffalo even though I grew up in Rochester. My mom was also born in Buffalo. My dad was never around.

Still a Bills fan today because it is a link to my mom and I, as well as my daughter and I. She is a Bills fan and she (as well as I) is (are) very proud of it. She is 8 and knows to boo any team from NE and she hates the Steelers. As long as the Bills are in Buffalo, we root for them.

I'm 50 and have been a Bills fan for as long as I remember. I guess I really got in to it when Braxton and Simpson were in the backfield. We moved to the West Coast in 1970. Even though my allegiance in baseball went to SF, I kept my Buffalo Bills, Sabres & Braves. I handed off my love of the Bills to my son, but by the time he was old enough to play video games, he fumbled that love and went for the popular, hot, 49ers.

30 and share my birthday with Ralph. My first season as a fan was Ronnie freakin Harmon. Much like Mead107 I didn't want to be like my best friend. He was a Mets, Giants, and Bulls fan. I went Yankees, Bills, Lakers. What can I say 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Also, my dad doesn't care much about sports. My mother however is from Olean and her parents (my grandparents) and her brother (my uncle obv) are all Bills fans. I always laughed though as they were the most negative fans in the world. Every offseason I would be optimistic and my uncle would remind me that they weren't that good (then he would be right). Watching games with my grandparents was a trip. Ahh you stupid as my grandfather waved his hand at the tv or boy i'll tell ya from my grandma. Little did I know how right they were at the time 50+years as a fan has made them very "wise" ;)

Edit: I would like to add that I'm a bandwagon Bills fan! How many of us are there? Seriously the entire time they've been a team there has been what a 6 year window?! I got on right as the glory years started... now if only I could find my way off this damn thing! :bag::flirt:

Edited by section122

I’m older than I act and younger than I feel!! I hope one of those changes someday, hahaha. I’m 34 and have been a Bills fan all my life, my whole family has been since the beginning. My first game was in 88 against the Steelers although I really don’t remember too much about that day. Nor do I remember too much about the Bengals game we went to in 89. I do remember going to the Denver game in 1990…we scored 20 points in 77 seconds…that stadium was rocking!! My Dad was a cop and worked all the home games so I never got to go until he gave that up.

33. First game was the 1985 season opener against the Chargers in the drizzling rain with Vince Ferragamo at the helm. I was 6 and sat in my Dad's Channel 4 box. I still remember it. They lost, of course. Had season tickets from 87-94 so I saw it all. Of course those seats were outside.

OK random sidebar- from someone who's actually been to all these games that are now legendary, people love to throw around fake temperatures at games they went to. The coldest game I ever went to was a December regular season game against the Raiders when it was 8 degrees. I hear people throw around "below 0" all the time. Never happened* Does anyone else remember that Raiders game?

Edit: *1985-present

I don’t remember that Raider game but I do remember I was working security at that playoff game against the Raiders. I don’t know how cold it actually was but the wind chill was like -30. I’m pretty sure that was the coldest game in Bills history. The Jets game the week before (I think it was the regular season finally) was freezing cold too but not quite as cold as the Raiders game. We had to take shifts in the bathroom because that was the only place that had heaters. I thought I was going to lose some toes at both of those games.

***EDIT*** I found a link for you with the coldest games in Bills history. The Raiders and then Jets games I mentioned are #1 & 2.

http://www.buffalobi...5d-2490123ae81d

Edited by cnico