All Access 22 film

Wayne Cubed

I'd say Barnett, as you might possibly be able to see in the pictures above, was guilty on this early. But did improve as the game went on. When Scott was on the field I wasn't impressed with his coverage as well.

I agree with this, it's hard to know assignments when I'm watching. Hell I have to watch a play at least 5 times to focus on different areas and see what players are doing. In the end I can only guess as to what went wrong. I do think seeing the whole picture helps understand some things much better.

Based on your pix, they were playing zone coverage. Almost prevent defense. They need to hit them at the line and play man to man. I dont mind them being burned. But dont just give them the easy 10 yards.

It looks like they are playing a cover 3 - the corners and the deep safety look like they are bailing to their deep 3rds, the safety who is lined up on the slot receiver is taking on the role of the strong side backer and has the curl/flat (same for the weak side backer), and the two middle backers are playing the middle of the field. If that's the case then the backers need to spread out more because they will likely get beat to the flat/sideline every time by the rbs, receivers, and more athletic tight ends. Im no d coordinator but If I thought I had a strong pass rush cover 3 is the last thing I'd run as it requires the corners to play with a safety mentality and not let anything behind them, which bodes well for a qb and gameplan that gets the ball out quickly.

I saw absolutely no adjustments/creativity in our game plan. Offense was the same crap we been running all last year. I actually didnt even get that upset during the game because it still felt like a preseason game b/c of our vanilla play calling.

DEF

What % of downs did we blitz?

What % of downs did we stunt?

OFF

What % of downs did we screen?

What % of downs did we rollout?

What % of downs did we have trips WRs?

Edited by Murt

I saw absolutely no adjustments/creativity in our game plan. Offense was the same crap we been running all last year. I actually didnt even get that upset during the game because it still felt like a preseason game b/c of our vanilla play calling.

DEF

What % of downs did we blitz?

What % of downs did we stunt?

OFF

What % of downs did we screen?

What % of downs did we rollout?

What % of downs did we have trips WRs?

I'm pretty sure you could answer all of those without an in depth breakdown of the all 22.... Even with it though, what would those percentages mean without context? What percentage should a team stunt? Rollout?

He's some good shots of the first interceptions:

Stevie was wide open, look at the soft coverage by Revis

f1md8lMSGJJ7B89lJDQfWp3Qn.jpg

Here's a look at the pocket and what Fitz is seeing

y5soPDss59GMFUcTTrZRoHNQn.jpg

Overall, the protection was there. As said earlier and what you can't see here is Fitz pats the ball, instead of getting rid of it the instant Johnson is cutting out in his route. It's a really really late throw, Stevie is nearly out of bounds when the ball gets there.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

I'm pretty sure you could answer all of those without an in depth breakdown of the all 22.... Even with it though, what would those percentages mean without context? What percentage should a team stunt? Rollout?

True, guess u would need a total breakdown of plays.

I just want a better gauge of HOW dull our offensive game plan was. Gailey was brought in here because he was the "innovative" OC who developed the Slash roll for Kordell Stewart...Yet when I look at a lot of our game plans, especially Sundays, I see the same predictable 3-4 WR sets with short routes. I just wish he would bring things to the table that would create some confusion for opposing defenses.....the only wrinkle I saw last game was bringing Donald Jones in motion and having him lead block on run plays, which i wasnt a fan of considering how small he is.

How many times did Mario get the hands to the face treatment? Someone here said it was on nearly every play.

I wouldn't say it was every play. But it definitely was happening at varying degrees. Sometimes it was a quick jab to the face, other times it was a bit longer.

Too much in the game to comment on, but I wanted to thank Wayne for the breakdowns. Awesome job with the screen shots.

This Access 22 seems pretty f-in' cool! Might have to sign up for the service just for that ability alone!

My pleasure, it takes a bit of time to screen shot it and transfer to a computer from my iPad. I'd like to do a bunch more and will keep taking requests from posters who want to see more.

My pleasure, it takes a bit of time to screen shot it and transfer to a computer from my iPad. I'd like to do a bunch more and will keep taking requests from posters who want to see more.

Well your thread and posts have convinced me to purchase the package as well. And at $70, I think it's a pretty good value. Especially considering you can't even get an NFL jersey that cheap! :thumbsup:

I looked at this feature last night. It is cool.

To me it appears Sanchez didn't have any problems reading the d. Ball was coming out fast and he wasnt looking all over the field.

It reminded me of how phins Moore looked last year vs. bills a la tony Sporano.

Wanny has one of the better starting 11 D rosters in the game. They brought in two of the best pass rushers in the game, he has two top DTs, a prowbowl FS, veteran LBers a top 10 pick at one corner, second rounder at the other.... If he doesn't deliver an above average D, people are going to quickly lose patience.

I looked at this feature last night. It is cool.

It reminded me of how phins Moore looked last year vs. bills a la tony Sporano.

Wanny has one of the better starting 11 D rosters in the game. They brought in two of the best pass rushers in the game, he has two top DTs, a prowbowl FS, veteran LBers a top 10 pick at one corner, second rounder at the other.... If he doesn't deliver an above average D, people are going to quickly lose patience.

Talent, experienced DC and decent play by the maligned LBs makes me give this group a.pass for this and a couple of more games to get their act together. I really feel they cannot play any worse. Tell the damn O to stop giving them a short field to defend so often.

Talent, experienced DC and decent play by the maligned LBs makes me give this group a.pass for this and a couple of more games to get their act together. I really feel they cannot play any worse. Tell the damn O to stop giving them a short field to defend so often.

Agreed 100%, but especially with the bold.

Agreed but the Jets never got the ball in our territory on any of our turnovers. On Fitz's picks, they got it on their 39 and 48. On Spiller's fumble, the Jets took over on their 47. Is it nicer to make them march down a long field before scoring? Obviously. But I can't pretend for a second that if only we don't turn the ball over our defense miraculously stops giving Sanchez wide open targets, we hurry him into forced throws and poor decisions, or even generate a turnover of our own. The Jets NEVER had to adjust their game plan regardless of the drive start field position.

In the Oakland game, the Chargers three times took over on blocked punts or bad snaps well inside Oakland territory, once at the Oakland 8 and the Oakland D forced them to settle for FGs every time. It's not asking too much for our defense to do the same.

At least ONCE.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Agreed but the Jets never got the ball in our territory on any of our turnovers. On Fitz's picks, they got it on their 39 and 48. On Spiller's fumble, the Jets took over on their 47. Is it nicer to make them march down a long field before scoring? Obviously. But I can't pretend for a second that if only we don't turn the ball over our defense miraculously stops giving Sanchez wide open targets, we hurry him into forced throws and poor decisions, or even generate a turnover of our own. The Jets NEVER had to adjust their game plan regardless of the drive start field position.

In the Oakland game, the Chargers three times took over on blocked punts or bad snaps well inside Oakland territory, once at the Oakland 8 and the Oakland D forced them to settle for FGs every time. It's not asking too much for our defense to do the same.

At least ONCE.

GO BILLS!!!

I hear what you are saying, but the 47 and 48 yard line is mid-field, and that's VERY good starting field position.

this thread had de-volved a bit.

Lets focus on things that would only be shown by the all-22.

On a related note, I "think" I saw on the nfl network crawl that signing up for the nfl rewind package includes a 1 week free trial, and it includes the all-22. If you guys wanna research that, it might be like a free trial of crack. But hey, free is free.