Greatest ESPN promo EVER?????

The Poojer

Also, I really have liked all of the "30 for 30" documentaries they have aired...I think I have seen most of them.

Overall I agree the 30 for 30 series has been very good, with a handful being exceptional, though IMO there have been a few duds.

'The Two Escobars' is one of the best documentaries I've ever seen on any subject.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything involving Charlie Steiner was great. I know it wasn't a commercial, but his meltdown while showing the Carl Lewis national anthem is my favorite moment in the history of ESPN.

Ladies and Gentlemen. I give you, Charly Steiner.

Overall I agree the 30 for 30 series has been very good, with a handful being exceptional, though IMO there have been a few duds.

'The Two Escobars' is one of the best documentaries I've ever seen on any subject.

Those are great. My personal favorite is The Best That Never Was. I didn't know anything about that guy before watching it and his story blew my mind.

Those are great. My personal favorite is The Best That Never Was. I didn't know anything about that guy before watching it and his story blew my mind.

I really enjoyed that one too. I was a teenager when Marcus Dupree was a household name but like many footnotes in history, I had long since forgotten the details.

The episodes on SMU, the USFL, Ricky Williams, and especially 'The U' are among my other favorites.

Agreed on the 30 for 30 series. Every one that I have seen has been very good. BTW, they are all available to stream on Netflix.

The only one that I thought was just okay, was the one about the Los Angeles Raiders...it was way too long, and really could have been much shorter. But, I always look forward to these.

I really enjoyed that one too. I was a teenager when Marcus Dupree was a household name but like many footnotes in history, I had long since forgotten the details.

The episodes on SMU, the USFL, Ricky Williams, and especially 'The U' are among my other favorites.

I enjoyed the one about the USFL too.

Also the episodes about Jimmy The Greek, The Baltimore Colts Marching Band, and "The Real Rocky" Chuck Wepner were also outstanding.

Please tell me that's not Jack Edwards at the desk with him. If that is, my favorite ESPN moment is forever stained. :bag:

I have no clue who the other anchor is. I thought Dan Patrick, but they never show his face.

But, the commercials are still very entertaining.

I agree with you 100% on this (yeah, yeah, yeah there's a first time for everything) but I don't have to go near ESPN to watch them. As a matter of fact I don't even know what channel ESPN is on my cable package.