Please explain how this works?

Gary M

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, while you're back here...quick question: You specifically stated that you were voting for Obama because you get his concept of growing the economy from the middle out. Please explain how you expand the economy from the middle class out.

If Barry said he'll grow the economy from the middle class out, he'll do it. There doesn't need to be a plan. It...will...just...happen.

It's like classic republican trickle down economics cut the taxes on the rich to below that of the rest of the country and bang the rest of us get richer! If you will buy that line of reasoning I am not sure how you can balk at putting money into the middle class can't accomplish the same thing ;)

It's like classic republican trickle down economics cut the taxes on the rich to below that of the rest of the country and bang the rest of us get richer! If you will buy that line of reasoning I am not sure how you can balk at putting money into the middle class can't accomplish the same thing ;)

That made no sense

Explain why tax rates on investment income should be the same as earned income when they aren't the same thing. Explain how investment necessary for growth can be maintained when the reward for accepting investment risk doesn't balance. Explain how capital flight away from industry is good for the economy. Explain how wealth is static. Explain how economic growth can be sustained without capital formation. Edited by TakeYouToTasker

And there you have it. Hope and change. Hope the conversation doesn't require details, and when it does, change its direction.

wow. let's discuss details, since Clinton provided far more details of the Repulican plan than the Republican planners have divulged. but if the Republican planners would consider divulging some numbers, then we'd be all for it.

so, should i hold my breath?

jw

wow. let's discuss details, since Clinton provided far more details of the Repulican plan than the Republican planners have divulged. but if the Republican planners would consider divulging some numbers, then we'd be all for it.

so, should i hold my breath?

jw

I asked a simple question: when the president says he plans to grow the economy from the middle class out, how do you do that? I'm genuinely curious. This is simply something I've never heard before. So far, two liberals on this board have responded as such:

Liberal #1: I understand the concept, so I've voting for Obama, and in lieu of explaining the concept, why don't you tell me why you hate higher education?

Liberal #2: while I don't use grammar correctly. on the off hours and have no idea, what the president is talking about with this middle class out thing lets discuss something totally different jw

In the end, all I can figure out is we did something horribly, horribly wrong to let you guys put one of your idiots in charge when you can't even explain what your idiot is proposing.

I asked a simple question: when the president says he plans to grow the economy from the middle class out, how do you do that? I'm genuinely curious. This is simply something I've never heard before. So far, two liberals on this board have responded as such:

Liberal #1: I understand the concept, so I've voting for Obama, and in lieu of explaining the concept, why don't you tell me why you hate higher education?

Liberal #2: while I don't use grammar correctly. on the off hours and have no idea, what the president is talking about with this middle class out thing lets discuss something totally different jw

In the end, all I can figure out is we did something horribly, horribly wrong to let you guys put one of your idiots in charge when you can't even explain what your idiot is proposing.

we? please explain.

in regards to "your idiot" i do believe you're taking this a little personal.

jw

we? please explain.

in regards to "your idiot" i do believe you're taking this a little personal.

jw

Shoulda gone with my instincts. The minute I saw your post, my mind saw one thing: Big Cat's thought process holding a key to a mini-bar.

If you want to explain to me how you grow the economy from the middle class out, I'd appreciate the instruction. Otherwise, we're just two people with different political opinions waiting for kickoff.

Edited by LABillzFan

Shoulda gone with my instincts. The minute I saw your post, my mind saw one thing: Big Cat's thought process holding a key to a mini-bar.

If you want to explain to me how you grow the economy from the middle class out, I'd appreciate the instruction. Otherwise, we're just two people with different political opinions waiting for kickoff.

insincts and Big Cat, sorry, don't understand. as for your contention in regards to the middle class. i hope you're not suggesting the middle class is passe, or lacks relevance because, well, i hate to admit it but i'm a member. as for your suggestion that we're two people with differing "Paul Ryan" opinions then, well, ok.

jw

insincts and Big Cat, sorry, don't understand. as for your contention in regards to the middle class. i hope you're not suggesting the middle class is passe, or lacks relevance because, well, i hate to admit it but i'm a member. as for your suggestion that we're two people with differing "Paul Ryan" opinions then, well, ok.

jw

John, since you've been quick to involve yourself, I'll respond to the challenge you've offered counter to mine, assuming you'll respond to mine. Fair?

Explain why tax rates on investment income should be the same as earned income when they aren't the same thing. Explain how investment necessary for growth can be maintained when the reward for accepting investment risk doesn't balance. Explain how capital flight away from industry is good for the economy. Explain how wealth is static. Explain how economic growth can be sustained without capital formation.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

i hope you're not suggesting the middle class is passe, or lacks relevance

jw

Yes, that's what I was suggesting. Middle class people lack relevance. Jesus.

Again: the president insists he will grow the economy from the middle class out. I have no idea how this economic plan works and I am simply and genuinely asking supporters of the president how he plans to accomplish this because the only thing the president suggests is that it includes taxing the 1%. While that is done to make things fair, it does not explain how it expands the economy from the middle out.

That's all i'm asking. Nothing more. What is the president talking about and how does it work?

Yes, that's what I was suggesting. Middle class people lack relevance. Jesus.

Again: the president insists he will grow the economy from the middle class out. I have no idea how this economic plan works and I am simply and genuinely asking supporters of the president how he plans to accomplish this because the only thing the president suggests is that it includes taxing the 1%. While that is done to make things fair, it does not explain how it expands the economy from the middle out.

That's all i'm asking. Nothing more. What is the president talking about and how does it work?

Let me take a crack at it.

Reduce the payroll tax (which is the only Federal tax on income that 46% of American workers pay) and they have $20.00 more PER WEEK to spend in the expanding economy. Let's keep that up, because that's a case of Coors Light or maybe 3 six packs of Heineken for those with a more discerning taste each WEEK! Think of the tens of thousands of truck driver jobs that alone will save. Not to mention, the warehouse workers, clerks, gas station attendants, maintenance workers, uniform laundry workers and others - TOO NUMEROUS TO MENTION - jobs that will be saved or created by this compassionate act alone. Never mind the fact that it hastens the demise of Social Security by stiffly under funding it - that'll happen down the road after this bunch of Vandals is out of office and sunning themselves in retirement resorts.

Sure, on 1/1/13, the taxes entombed in the ACA come to life in the form of the Mummy that eats our children. But that's AFTER the election and once BO gets his FIAT wand out - he can do what he pleases by executive order. Nice things like grabbing our 401k assets and issuing government backed bonds in their stead. Grabbing the cash in Apple's vault will be child's play - hey, it's all for a good cause - "FAIRNESS".

He can absolve students of their student loan debt - that'll put a lot of "extra" money in their pockets and they'll begin to spend it once they get an actual job. That'll happen soon. Well, maybe not soon. But it will happen sometime. I mean, it has to - doesn't it? Okay, maybe it's another four+ years before that actually begins to take place. Moving on...

He can mandate that everyone must buy a GM car (or a Ford if you pony up an additional $2k to help pay down the GM debt). That will stimulate something. Maybe a $40,000 tax credit for buying a Volt. That'd do wonders for the economy. He could mandate that no car can be driven on a federally funded highway that is more than five years old. He could ban tobacco sales in the US and close all US McDonalds outlets. Just think of the possibilities. People would have to find alternatives - GOOD alternatives that our benevolent government chooses for us. Money will shift to new markets - like granola bars and sugarless bubble gum, and renewable energy like algae farming. It's a bright, bright future for america the pretty. Well, maybe not "bright, bright" perhaps. More like dim probably.

jw

Of course they're irrelevant. They live in the suburbs.

Okay, so according to Larry Kudlow, the tax the rich bit isn't for the middle class, but for those on welare, foodstamps, etc. Still trying to figure out a serious explanation of how we build the economy from the middle class out, but it's not from taxing the rich. That goes to the lower class.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/09/08/obamas_same_old_same_old_115378.html

Okay, so according to Larry Kudlow, the tax the rich bit isn't for the middle class, but for those on welare, foodstamps, etc. Still trying to figure out a serious explanation of how we build the economy from the middle class out, but it's not from taxing the rich. That goes to the lower class.

http://www.realclear...old_115378.html

S hit. You want a serious explanation? I'm stumped.

Let me take a crack at it.

Reduce the payroll tax (which is the only Federal tax on income that 46% of American workers pay) and they have $20.00 more PER WEEK to spend in the expanding economy. Let's keep that up, because that's a case of Coors Light or maybe 3 six packs of Heineken for those with a more discerning taste each WEEK! Think of the tens of thousands of truck driver jobs that alone will save. Not to mention, the warehouse workers, clerks, gas station attendants, maintenance workers, uniform laundry workers and others - TOO NUMEROUS TO MENTION - jobs that will be saved or created by this compassionate act alone. Never mind the fact that it hastens the demise of Social Security by stiffly under funding it - that'll happen down the road after this bunch of Vandals is out of office and sunning themselves in retirement resorts.

Sure, on 1/1/13, the taxes entombed in the ACA come to life in the form of the Mummy that eats our children. But that's AFTER the election and once BO gets his FIAT wand out - he can do what he pleases by executive order. Nice things like grabbing our 401k assets and issuing government backed bonds in their stead. Grabbing the cash in Apple's vault will be child's play - hey, it's all for a good cause - "FAIRNESS".

He can absolve students of their student loan debt - that'll put a lot of "extra" money in their pockets and they'll begin to spend it once they get an actual job. That'll happen soon. Well, maybe not soon. But it will happen sometime. I mean, it has to - doesn't it? Okay, maybe it's another four+ years before that actually begins to take place. Moving on...

He can mandate that everyone must buy a GM car (or a Ford if you pony up an additional $2k to help pay down the GM debt). That will stimulate something. Maybe a $40,000 tax credit for buying a Volt. That'd do wonders for the economy. He could mandate that no car can be driven on a federally funded highway that is more than five years old. He could ban tobacco sales in the US and close all US McDonalds outlets. Just think of the possibilities. People would have to find alternatives - GOOD alternatives that our benevolent government chooses for us. Money will shift to new markets - like granola bars and sugarless bubble gum, and renewable energy like algae farming. It's a bright, bright future for america the pretty. Well, maybe not "bright, bright" perhaps. More like dim probably.

If we are stuck using those ****ty "green" light bulbs it will be dim.

http://www.realclear...old_115378.html

Kudlow will be dead soon. He wasn't supposed to reveal that the 2% tax was to increase the welfare base, ensuring Dems stay in power forever.