Democratic party platform does not mention God

Gary M

I believe it was a mention in previous platforms of "god given rights" that was eliminated. I guess the question is, why would they take it out?

To set up the narrative. Remember last week when the liberals were all whining about the GOP's abortion platform? It was the perfect setup to get the GOP to look more closely at the DNC platform. The DNC takes out "God" and the Israel stuff...the kind of stuff Democrats don't care about anyway...so the GOP spends all week talking about this instead of talking about what the DNC is not talking about: $16T debt, including almost $6T from Obama himself, 23 million unemployed, manufacturing hitting the skids again this week, etc.

Clever...but not a great strategy because it'll take a miracle to have the week end with outstanding jobs numbers.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a fundamental aspect to consider. But, it's also a sticky wicket. For people who don't believe in the existence of God it's tomato/tomatoe for if there is no God then how could he give anyone rights or take them away?

This doesn't invite God into legislation. At all. Any attempt to misconstrue the words or meanings to say so is misrepresenting historical fact and the founding father's own words.

The document you're citing actually prohibits it and the designers of it were a hodgepodge of Christians, Agnostics and Diests. They didn't agree on God's role in man's life but they were smart enough to realize inviting it into politics was a mistake. Which is why they created a wall between the state and religion.

Belief in God is great. Governing by the word of "God" is the first step to tyranny and not at all what the Founding Fathers wanted.

Yes, I read your first post too fast.

More to the political side of this;

The 2012 Republican Party platform mentions “God” twelve times. The Republican platform mentions Mitt Romney only once, in the Preamble.

The 2012 Democratic Party platform does not mention “God” at all, but does mention Obama, 141 times.

The Republican platform reaffirms “that our rights come from God, are protected by government, and that the only just government is one that truly governs with the consent of the governed.”

The Democratic platform mentions rights almost always in relation to collective bargaining for unions, Indian rights, cultural rights or gay rights. Under “Rights and Freedoms”, the only general right not specific to a single group that is mentioned, is the Right to Bear Arms and the Democratic Party calls for curtailing the Second Amendment with “reasonable legislation.” The only mention of universal rights is abroad. All rights, it is implied come from the administration of Barack Obama.

The Republican platform mentions the “Constitution” 61 times. The Democratic platform mentions it six times. Once to support a constitutional amendment for campaign finance reform. Once to opposite constitutional amendments barring gay marriage. Twice to limit partnerships with religious groups. Once more to applaud Obama’s Supreme Court picks. And finally one last time, the old document is mentioned, in defense of maintaining a soft policy toward Islamist terrorists.

There’s only room for one god in this platform and he makes his own rights and writes his own constitutions. And you have no rights but those he gives you. . . . . . . . . . . . .Chicago is the new Jerusalem.

http://frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreenfield/theres-room-for-only-one-god-in-this-platform/

Hitler liked God a lot. What's the point? Why do you have to talk about God? My mama taught me that usually those who talk about something the MOST usually have the LEAST to say. Translation = those who feel the need to blather on about God usually are just all talk, and little adherence to what God actually wants us to do. Which is exactly what the GOP is all about.

Wow. The Convention just heard they want to put God and Israel info back into the platform, and the entire place started booing.

Any questions?

I have a question. What do you interpret those boos to be? Because I guarantee it's not how I interpret them, which means neither you nor I are completely correct.

Holy crap, the DNC just crapped purple twinkies all over each other. What a massive screw up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09cEwnivdr0&feature=youtu.be

I have a question. What do you interpret those boos to be? Because I guarantee it's not how I interpret them, which means neither you nor I are completely correct.

How are you able to take care of yourself? You can barely complete a thought when you take time to write it down. How do you exist when your words randomly come out of your piehole?

Edited by LABillzFan

Holy crap, the DNC just crapped purple twinkies all over each other. What a massive screw up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09cEwnivdr0&feature=youtu.be

How are you able to take care of yourself? You can barely complete a thought when you take time to write it down. How do you exist when your words randomly come out of your piehole?

I'm sorry, what was your interpretation? C'mon! This is your big moment!

Edited by The Big Cat

I'm sorry, what was your interpretation? C'mon! This is your big moment!

Hey, look who wrote a full sentence without contradicting himself. Later, he will attempt to eat solid food.

They were booing because it was obvious the No vote was the majority vote and Villiarigosa didn't care. Whether it was 2/3rds is impossible to tell, but it didn't matter. He had to get God and Israel back in the platform, so after three votes, the last of which was CLEARLY (and by clearly I mean even CNN is reporting it) a No vote, Villiarigosa took the affirmative vote and ran like a coward off the stage.

Edited by LABillzFan

More to the political side of this;

The 2012 Republican Party platform mentions “God” twelve times. The Republican platform mentions Mitt Romney only once, in the Preamble.

The 2012 Democratic Party platform does not mention “God” at all, but does mention Obama, 141 times.

The Republican platform reaffirms “that our rights come from God, are protected by government, and that the only just government is one that truly governs with the consent of the governed.”

The Democratic platform mentions rights almost always in relation to collective bargaining for unions, Indian rights, cultural rights or gay rights. Under “Rights and Freedoms”, the only general right not specific to a single group that is mentioned, is the Right to Bear Arms and the Democratic Party calls for curtailing the Second Amendment with “reasonable legislation.” The only mention of universal rights is abroad. All rights, it is implied come from the administration of Barack Obama.

The Republican platform mentions the “Constitution” 61 times. The Democratic platform mentions it six times. Once to support a constitutional amendment for campaign finance reform. Once to opposite constitutional amendments barring gay marriage. Twice to limit partnerships with religious groups. Once more to applaud Obama’s Supreme Court picks. And finally one last time, the old document is mentioned, in defense of maintaining a soft policy toward Islamist terrorists.

There’s only room for one god in this platform and he makes his own rights and writes his own constitutions. And you have no rights but those he gives you. . . . . . . . . . . . .Chicago is the new Jerusalem.

http://frontpagemag....-this-platform/

The Dem platofrm mentions education 45 times. The Rep platform mentions it 7. Republicans hate kids.

The Dem platform mentions science 5 times, Republicans 0. Republicans hate science.

The Dem platform mentions facts 19 times. Republicans 1. Republicans hate facts.

The Republican platform doesn't mention vegetables once. Republicans don't want you to eat healthy!

(I only posted this so B-man goes and counts.)

Edited by John Adams

Hey, look who wrote a full sentence without contradicting himself. Later, he will attempt to eat solid food.

They were booing because it was obvious the No vote was the majority vote and Villiarigosa didn't care. Whether it was 2/3rds is impossible to tell, but it didn't matter. He had to get God and Israel back in the platform, so after three votes, the last of which was CLEARLY (and by clearly I mean even CNN is reporting it) a No vote.

Haha, what a ****head you have for a mayor, my condolences--though I'm sure you feel the same way about Rahmbo.

From your original post on the matter, I hadn't realized this was the sequence of events that led to said booing.

Either way, I trust my instincts when they tell me you were looking for an opportunity to rebel rouse under the SEE! SEE! DEMS HATE GOD! banner.

So, at the very least, asking for clarification has scaled back your intent.

Edited by The Big Cat

Either way, I trust my instincts when they tell me you were looking for an opportunity to rebel rouse under the SEE! SEE! DEMS HATE GOD! banner.

So, at the very least, asking for clarification has scaled back your intent.

The majority of the delegates did NOT want God or the pro-Israel language put back in. Do your own math.

The Dem platofrm mentions education 45 times. The Rep platform mentions it 7. Republicans hate kids.

The Dem platform mentions science 5 times, Republicans 0. Republicans hate science.

The Dem platform mentions facts 19 times. Republicans 1. Republicans hate facts.

The Republican platform doesn't mention vegetables once. Republicans don't want you to eat healthy!

(I only posted this so B-man goes and counts.)

Sorry, I don't have to count as you appear to have missed the point of the whole (previous) post.

The dem platform is written solely to promote Mr. Obama and his re-election,

The GOP platform was written to express conservative/republican beliefs.

it was rather obvious.

Amen.

And that core belief is what this country was founded upon -- and they got there without basing their arguments on God's will. That doesn't mean some of the founding father's weren't deeply religious and spiritual. It just means they were smart enough to realize man's relationship with his maker is personal, not public and certainly not the business of the state.

The founders referred to it as "natural law."

Watch the video above. And have a good chuckle.

So do the Republicans have it in them to come up with a campaign ad showing how 'since Democrats want to be like us, you might as well vote for us' or one showing 'they don't believe in anything but are willing to say it any how' without screwing the pooch?

Aside from the God issue (of which I'm of the opinion of DC Tom) the idea that government gives you your rights and that is the democratic view that we are subjects to the state is warped. Everyone in the country should appreciate the role of government and our rights, it's what bill or rights is about, it's what civil rights movement was about for women and blacks, it's what many people of both parties see as America at it's core and what we criticize other countries for the most. God, or nature, or just the fact of our being may give rise to our inherent right to be "free" and all that it entails....but government and the law of man is what makes that right real in our society. Understanding and appreciating this, and having a respect and appreciation for the rule of law and government (which makes laws for those who don't understand that) is American....not liberal tyranny.

The majority of the delegates did NOT want God or the pro-Israel language put back in. Do your own math.

They BOOED because their will was subverted.

Their reasoning for wanting God and pro-Israel out is not cut and dry, so there's no "math" to be done. In fact, I agree with what this guy has to say:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/guest-voices/post/the-godless-democrats-again/2012/09/05/623f662c-f76e-11e1-8398-0327ab83ab91_blog.html

The point is this: as much some atheists, separationists and conservative Christians would like it to be so, the absence of a divine reference in the party platform was an accident—an error that masks the Democrats often troubling turn to faith-based politics and pandering.