Democratic party platform does not mention God

Gary M

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, what the !@#$ was that?? So that's how they vote, by a sound meter? And I'm assuming they're voting to take the word God out? And then they follow it with an invocation from a Bishop. :blink:

That just proves one thing: the "Party Platform" is completely meaningless bull ****.

who freaking cares? This is another non issue blown out of proportion!

Who's God? Yours, the Jewish, the Muslims, Hari Krishna's, Wiccans, Native American religions, which Christian belief system?

What of the many atheists? They are 10% of the American population! They don't have a say?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

who freaking cares?

Who's God? Yours, the Jewish, the Muslims, Hari Krishna's, Wiccans, Native American religions, which Christian belief system?

What of the many atheists? They are 10% of the American population! They don't have a say?

And what about us Pastafarians?

who freaking cares?

If they are 10% then they were all at the convention last night because there were a lot more nays than yahs.

Tells you that all of the atheists sit in the dimwitted party.

For the "who cares if its in there" and "platforms don't mean anything" crowd.

The rather obvious reason that this is news,........ is the party response.

God had been mentioned in all previous democrat platforms, and when they recieved criticism that it wasn't, the 'leaders' folded like a cheap suit. Even steamrolling over their own delegates to do so.

Their inability to stick to their principles IS newsworthy, and certainly should be kept in mind when listening to anythng that they claim.

Re-election trumps all.................

Edited by B-Man

God had been mentioned in all previous democrat platforms, and when they recieved criticism that it wasn't, the 'leaders' folded like a cheap suit. Even steamrolling over their own delegates to do so.

Their inability to stick to their principles IS newsworthy, and certainly should be kept in mind when listening to anythng that they claim.

The whole ordeal was spinelessness at its most pathetic, much like Romney's meandering "principles"...

Be specific.

Oh? Is this news to you? Welcome to reality.

Be specific.

But...Just for fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_pgfWK3sxw

ALSO:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/national-affairs/mitt-romneys-biggest-flip-flops-20120801

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2012/may/18/politifacts-guide-mitt-romneys-flip-flops/

And it's not just tree-hugging pinkos who have observed Willard's inability to make up his mind:

http://www.lessgovisthebestgov.com/mitt-romney-flip-flops.html

I mean, c'mon. This can't seriously be new to you...

I don't mean anything you said Cat, I was calling B.S. on the contention made that the Dems ommited the "God" part by mistake. I think they knew exactly what they were doing...

And I actually wish I hadn't posted in haste because the author calls it both mistake and error--I firmly think it was the latter, and that there's a clear distinction between the two.

Note: It was an error in today's political climate, two months before an election, when it's not about guts, convictions and "principles," when it's just a glorified head count, and when Christian voters guided by the bible outnumber aethist voters, then it's an "error" to alienate a voter block that way. Acknowledging this error does not, however, mean that I personally think they were right to put God back in. In fact I think they were right to leave he/she/it out in the first place. But if those dimwits care about winning the election, there's got to be some God 'n-dere.

I don't mean anything you said Cat, I was calling B.S. on the contention made that the Dems ommited the "God" part by mistake. I think they knew exactly what they were doing...

I think it was a distraction, to keep people from talking about $16 Trillion.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/04/as-us-debt-hits-16-trillion-ryan-hammers-his-message-home/

I read earlier today (can't find it now) that a dem official was arguing that the word "God" had not been removed , as it was in all previous platforms, it just wasn't included this time.

Newspeak at its finest.

and while I am sadly aware that religion is mostly scoffed at here, i would like to offer this thought.

The R's believe (as in the Declaration of Independence) that our rights are God given.

The D's believe our rights are goverment given.

If God given, then our rights cannot be taken away by man. If goverment given, then man can take away our rights.

It is fundamental and important.

Which God? And of if you select a "God", like the Christian God, whose interpretation of what those God given rights are you using ? If God have man rights why are states needed to enforce them?

"Principles." Hah. We're talking about a political party. The only principle it recognizes is "power".

Which God? And of if you select a "God", like the Christian God, whose interpretation of what those God given rights are you using ? If God have man rights why are states needed to enforce them?

Sorry Joe, that dog won't hunt.

There is no "assigned" God, nor should there be. Pick your own or pick your neighbors

The United States Republic has freedom OF religion and does not need a Christian, Muslim, Jewish, you name it, God to be followed.

What it does need, and you are trying to twist, is the common belief that citizens rights are inalienable, and do NOT come from the government.

So try that "whose God" nonsense on some like thinking libs, save it here.