College players to watch

mrags

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan Nassib (cuse) looked pretty good saturday as did #4 on the defense for cuse. Geno Smith looked phenomenal (still think he's a rb barbarian?). I thought Taj Boyd (clemson qb) looked pretty good as well - def raw but looked pretty good none the less.

David Amerson

NC State

CB

Opportunistic CB looked great against Hunter in the Tenn gamne

Margus Hunt

SMU

DE

found on http://gritsblitz.co...z.com absolute physical “freak” from Estonia limitless potential but raw, athletic 6’8″ 295, 4.6 40, only been playingfor 3 years, #13Kiper

Tyler Bray

Tennessee

QB

Physically gifted QB that showed a lot of development in his game last season. 332 yds and 2 TD in his first 2012 game. Showed ownership of the huddle and deep ball.

Margus is definitetly one of my boys, was machine against Pitt in that bowl game.

Bray is fantastic, It's a toss up between him Pachall, have to see how the season goes.

Got to disagree with Amerson, he he gave big touchdowns against Patterson and was really out of position on a lot of plays, it was more Hunter dropping the ball than Amerson's coverage. But it's only one game

i was going to say Justin Hunter WR of Tenn, i see Astro has him on the list. I coached Track against him in HS but also helped him out too. He was the state champ in the High Jump (7'3), long jump (25+ ft), and placed high in the 200m.

better teach him how to catch

Ryan Nassib (cuse) looked pretty good saturday as did #4 on the defense for cuse. Geno Smith looked phenomenal (still think he's a rb barbarian?). I thought Taj Boyd (clemson qb) looked pretty good as well - def raw but looked pretty good none the less.

haven't seen him this year, we will see how it goes, however Marshall isn't a big time opponent.

I used to think having athletic QBs would become the norm but they are just liabilities when it comes to reading defenses and are too quick to use their legs rather than their arms.

I now believe that traditional pocket passer QBs with decent mobility is what we should look for so I doubt Geno will be an effective NFL QB. But who knows maybe he will.

Barbarian, you REALLY need to sit down and actually WATCH geno smith, he's a pocket passer, prides himself on being a pocket passer, impressed everyone at the Manning PASSING Academy this past summer. He has the ability to run, but is so dead set on being a pocket passer that he often doesn't when he probably should. Seriously, please do some research.

Tyler Wilson Logan Thomas (4Jr) Geno Smith Zac Dysert Matt Barkley

Those are my top 5 QB's right now. Watch Logan Thomas today in the VaTech-GaTech game, to be played in tropical rains. It'll get folks geeked about Thomas if he declares. He's Gailey's type--big, fast, smart, versatile, pass first but run well (14 TD pass 11 running last year).

Yeah, Denard Robinson will struggle if he focuses on being a

QB. He won't be QB at NFL level, but speed shown in that Sports Science video

means "slash", KR, PR, wildcat, Randle-El type. He's a great athlete--24 3rd down RUNS of 20 yards or more. He could be a 3rd-4th RD guy if someone knows how to use him. My feeling is that Gailey and Co. would know.

http://bit.ly/NDOJBI

Edited by Astrobot

Sleeper WR UVA Tim Smith...Remember the name

I remembered! I remembered! He's a Junior now, but has started only 12 games since his frosh year (foot injury in 2010). Plays opposite Hurd. He's just untested. He's on my board at #248.

I remembered! I remembered! He's a Junior now, but has started only 12 games since his frosh year (foot injury in 2010). Plays opposite Hurd. He's just untested. He's on my board at #248.

Late round sleeper, SJ 2.0

Go Bills!!!!

Edited by missthe kgun

Branden Oliver very good RB from UB

And Astro what do you think about my Aussie Boy Jesse Wiliams

Jesse's at 49. Underrated, enormous upside, Athletic, explosive and powerful. Raw. Could have a RD1-2 year. Wonder if people will say, "What could he do if he weren't with so many top athletes?".

I have Oliver at #271. Bowling ball-type of runner who has very good change of direction and elusiveness, but is a decent downhill runner. Smallest RB on my board.

Barbarian, you REALLY need to sit down and actually WATCH geno smith, he's a pocket passer, prides himself on being a pocket passer, impressed everyone at the Manning PASSING Academy this past summer. He has the ability to run, but is so dead set on being a pocket passer that he often doesn't when he probably should. Seriously, please do some research.

There is enough video already to show that Geno Smith still has some work to do. Watch this against a good LSU defense. Some passes are great; some are horrid, and some are good plays by the WR not Geno.

http://youtu.be/qvrXu9Fsvpk

Edited by Astrobot

Two words...

Barkevious Mingo

THE-SENATOR-WANTS-A-BACKER

AND-MINGO-IS-HIS-NAME-O

M.I.N.G.O, M.I.N.G.O, M.I.N.G.O,

AND-MINGO-IS-HIS-NAME-O

IMHO we're light in the LB, QB, WR, and Interior OL Departments.

Once the season plays out, we'll have a better idea of the priority of needs.

I do want them to draft a QB in the early rounds next year, regardless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Rdded9pP3QY

Only college highlight I could find. Both players played together in High school and led their team to a State title as Seniors. Perry has more highlights, for Tim I will post them as they come this season

That was pretty awesome, especially to see how the WR so perfectly fooled the CB then blew past the safety.