Bills Keep 5 WRs Including Brad Smith & TT and TJ as QBs

Reed83HOF

1m graham_tim_06_normal.jpgTim Graham@ByTimGraham

Source also tells Buffalo News: Bills will keep Tyler Thigpen and Tarvaris Jackson.

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham

Team source: Bills keep 5 WRs, counting Brad Smith. Gone: Hagan, Martin, Roosevelt, Aiken, Easley.

I just can't see the Bills going into the season with five WRs when two of them are Smith and Jones. I know Jones impresses many here but until he consistently produces in the regular season, color me unimpressed. We already had a sad sack WR corps and now we have made them razor thin. Not saying that the cuts were wrong but I think we have an eye on a couple of cuts from other teams. Gaffney, Branch ?

Think about it though. 5 WRs may seem like too little but how often do the Bills go 5 wides without Chandler, Spiller(Jackson) or both? I can't remember the last time I saw them do it solely with 5 wideouts. Also shows that TJ Graham is way ahead of the program, because with only four other wideouts to compete with, he's going to get some serious targets.

I just can't see the Bills going into the season with five WRs when two of them are Smith and Jones. I know Jones impresses many here but until he consistently produces in the regular season, color me unimpressed. We already had a sad sack WR corps and now we have made them razor thin. Not saying that the cuts were wrong but I think we have an eye on a couple of cuts from other teams. Gaffney, Branch ?

I am shocked only 5 considering we play the spread; I expect CJ will be catching passes as well.

This is most likely due to us keeping Thig. We have $2.5 million vested in him. Brad Smith is like $4 million or so and who knows what T-Jack renegotatied for. That ois a ton of $$ in in the QB position.

At first blush I think I like it. I wanted them to keep Dickerson. They can go with 5 WR for the first couple weeks. And use Dickerson in some packages. Then as soon as TJ is ready, they cut Thigpen and re-sign another WR.

It's VERY possible, too, that they will cut Thigpen during the week and then sign him to a smaller contract before the season starts, thereby guaranteeing him a million or so versus 2.5 million.

Think about it though. 5 WRs may seem like too little but how often do the Bills go 5 wides without Chandler, Spiller(Jackson) or both? I can't remember the last time I saw them do it solely with 5 wideouts. Also shows that TJ Graham is way ahead of the program, because with only four other wideouts to compete with, he's going to get some serious targets.

Good point.

At first blush I think I like it. I wanted them to keep Dickerson. They can go with 5 WR for the first couple weeks. And use Dickerson in some packages. Then as soon as TJ is ready, they cut Thigpen and re-sign another WR.

It's VERY possible, too, that they will cut Thigpen during the week and then sign him to a smaller contract before the season starts, thereby guaranteeing him a million or so versus 2.5 million.

A renegotiation would work perfectly well here, he can be a thrid stringer with Brad no longer be counted as a QB.

I wonder if we will actually play less spread this year. The driving force with the spread was the OL, which is less of a concern now than it was 2 years ago. I can see us going with a 3WR, 2 RB offense and a 3WR 1TE offense with the personel we are keeping at their current numbers