Did Lombardi nail it Re: Fitz and offence

I would be watching the wavier wire very closely. I would also look to trade for someone now. Yes, a 2nd backup QB. I would look for someone younger with starter potential. The next Matt Flynn type. I honestly would look at Washington and see if they would take a 2nd round pick for Cousins at this point. Scrap all that Brad Smith BS and let Spiller run the Wild Cat as Brad Smith is not going to throw anyway out of it so there is no way a team is going to be "tricked".

You mean the guy who lost the starting QB job to a rookie?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be watching the wavier wire very closely. I would also look to trade for someone now. Yes, a 2nd backup QB. I would look for someone younger with starter potential. The next Matt Flynn type. I honestly would look at Washington and see if they would take a 2nd round pick for Cousins at this point. Scrap all that Brad Smith BS and let Spiller run the Wild Cat as Brad Smith is not going to throw anyway out of it so there is no way a team is going to be "tricked".

Get used to them because the season is going to start in less than 2 weeks and they look TERRIBLE. Does Fitz's "windup" when he throws remind anyone else of Tebow's?".....oh wait, Tebow was "the answer" right?

So you're suggesting we overpay for a career backup and then cross our collective fingers that he doesn't get beat out by a 5'10 rookie. Rightttt....

Hopefully, Chan and Fitz can execute a game plan to counter act these defenses.

That line right there in my opinion is going to determine how much success the Bills have this season.

Chan having not just a "megamind" plan, but being able to adjust it as defenses adapt. In short, he is going to have to earn what some here claim about him, that he is an offensive genius.

You want our starting QB to come from the waiver wire or what you would call the "wavier" wire? Then you suggest to look for a young QB with starting potential on another team? Yeah that shouldn't be too difficult. "The next Matt Flynn" would be a guy that lost his job to a 5' 10" rookie and cost the franchise $10 million this year. You think Washington is going to trade their rookie draft pick now, before he shows what he can do and they can get more? Not only are you a booger, but you're that one you know is there but just can't reach.

Awesome, another 'Fitz is the problem' thread. We hadn't had one of those for at least 20 minutes.

:thumbsup:

Yeah this isn't exactly "Breaking News". Fitz is our QB, that's not going to change between now and the opener, so let's just see what happens before we start screaming "the sky is falling".

Besides, we picked up the best "starter candidate" backup out there in Vince Young, we all saw how that ended.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Ryan Fitzpatrick is 21 of 42 (50.8%) for 208 yards

Jay Cutler is 16 of 34 (47.1 %) for 218 yards

Cam Newton is 16 of 31 (51.6%) for 196 yards

Aaron Rodgers is 20 of 41 (48.8%) for 229 yards

Tony Romo is 21 of 32 (65.6%) for 303 yards

Mark Sanchez is 24 of 35 for (68.6%) for 203 yards

Ryan Tannehill is 36 of 71(50.7%) for 379 yards

Jake Locker is 22 of 44 (50%) for 235 yards

Chase Daniel (NO) is 46 of 64 (71.9%) for 538 yards <-- I think I found our QB of the future. Now how many 1st round picks do we give for him? No price is too high for a franchise QB!

Chase Daniel (NO) is 46 of 64 (71.9%) for 538 yards <-- I think I found our QB of the future. Now how many 1st round picks do we give for him? No price is too high for a franchise QB!

Get out of here with your Facts.

:thumbsup:

So the OP is making his opinions off of pre-season comp %...Going by that, there is clear evidence that Fitz is actually better than Aaron Rodgers...

most qbs prefer short slants, outs, hitches..lol....

most passing plays are under 15 yds... lol

there is nothing to catch on to...

johnson and jones were getting deep before they got hurt along with wood, jackson and fitz...

now we have graham

True

Great post! I can't wait to hear all the morons who quote preseason stats as an indicator of regular season success admit that we have a better QB than GB has in Aaron Rogers. After all Fitz has better completion % in the preseason and you can't argue with preseason stats!

Great post! I can't wait to hear all the morons who quote preseason stats as an indicator of regular season success admit that we have a better QB than GB has in Aaron Rogers. After all Fitz has better completion % in the preseason and you can't argue with preseason stats!

Not only that, but Fitz has no preseason INTs; Rodgers has 2. I wonder if they'd go for a simple 1 for 1 trade. I just see something in that Rodgers kid, despite what the facts say....

The OP poses an interesting question. I'd agree with others here. What team doesn't use the slant route and quick pass?

I think the key is that Gailey takes a stonecutter mentality to offense. He'll try it 1,000 times expecting that 1,001st time to be successful even if the defense has countered his strategy around the 750th time.

My point: Gailey must mix up the offense playcalling and do it sooner rather than later in games. By last season, Cincy had game tape. By the Dallas game, the Dallas defense knew exactly what was coming.

And it goes without saying....you have two outstanding running backs and a gigantic offensive line. Use them. I don't think the Bills run nearly enough.