Bills-Steelers GDT

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pos Player FA Status Previous Team Current Team QB Derek Anderson UFA Carolina Panthers Free Agent QB Richard Bartel RFA Arizona Cardinals Free Agent QB Charlie Batch UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent QB Jason Campbell UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent QB Kellen Clemens UFA St. Louis Rams Free Agent QB Chase Daniel UFA New Orleans Saints Free Agent QB Trent Edwards UFA Philadelphia Eagles Free Agent QB Joe Flaccoalert.gif UFA Baltimore Ravens Free Agent QB Bruce Gradkowski UFA Cincinnati Bengals Free Agent QB Rex Grossman UFA Washington Redskins Free Agent QB Brian Hoyer UFA New England Patriots Free Agent QB Tarvaris Jackson UFA Seattle Seahawks Free Agent QB Byron Leftwich UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent QB Josh McCown UFA Chicago Bears Free Agent QB Curtis Painter UFA Baltimore Ravens Free Agent QB Matt Schaub UFA Houston Texans Free Agent QB Vince Youngalert.gif UFA Buffalo Bills Free Agent

So we have a choicr of maybe Schaub, Flacco, Young, Leftwich, Trent , T, Jackson..... there is your FA list....Now assume Flacco and Schaub are given new deals or tagged... You have nothing new here...

I would rather have Fitz & VY than Sucko or Scrub. :sick: Those 2 have 0 positive intangibles compared to the 2 we've got right now. I'm not worried about a pre-season game either, but if neither of these 2 get the job done, gotta look to the draft imo.

kyle williams looked down right king of the line the first half is a worth a look after that you can do something productive...

Fast forward offensive series and skip 2nd half. Got it thanks! Haha

We keep saying that the defense is looking good, but I'm not comfortable giving up 14 points a half, as our offense doesn't look like it can keep that pace. I'm not confident in this year if this is a showing of a team that prepared like it was a regular season game.

BUT with lower expectations, comes better possibilities for being pleasantly surprised.

Maybe the Bills can out intensity the opponents when the games count. :ph34r:

I would rather have Fitz & VY than Sucko or Scrub. :sick: Those 2 have 0 positive intangibles compared to the 2 we've got right now. I'm not worried about a pre-season game either, but if neither of these 2 get the job done, gotta look to the draft imo.

I like Flacco has it...he has a 2-1 ratio in TDs to INT something we havent seen here in a long time been to the playoffs every year...was a lee evans drop from a superbowl...his team was lead by the Defense but now its Flacco and Ray Rice...

Id take Flacco over Fitz any day...

It's freaking preseason. How good did we look last year in preseason? How did we come out of the gate in the regular season? Until CJ's fumble (it never looked like he had good possession from Fitz) the Squealers never got past their own 30 yard line. What impressed me was all the tackles behind the line of scrimmage that the Bills defense had. That shows me that there is real talent there and consistency is what they need to work on. Regardless, what was the Bills preseason record thru 1990-1993? Nough said.

Judging by the score I guess I can cancel my DVR recording of the game.

Don't. Watch the first half[ you know when the real Bills are playing]

I think you will enjoy watching the defense. Our front 4 is a joy to behold.

Fred is back and in his old form.

Despite all the severe negativity on this thread [who cares what the backups did in the second half?] I saw a Ravens like [or better ] defense and I think Fred can carry the load on offense.

Yes we need a QB.

I like Flacco has it...he has a 2-1 ratio in TDs to INT something we havent seen here in a long time been to the playoffs every year...was a lee evans drop from a superbowl...his team was lead by the Defense but now its Flacco and Ray Rice...

Id take Flacco over Fitz any day...

I just have no use for statues with zero pocket presence,,, maybe the light turns on under Jim Caldwell in a contract year, but I doubt it.

What I saw:

• Only two bright spots on offense: Cordy Glenn and Freddy Jackson. Fred looks like he's in mid season form now, and Cordy made some great blocks in both the passing and running game. Give Chris Hairston some love too, he gave some push tonight from the right side for sure.
  • Sheppard played well enough to halt some of his criticism of late. Nothing spectacular tonight, but definitely solid enough. When I went back and watched the first half over again it surprised me while keying in on him how many plays he was actually in on.
  • Barnett was exceptional until he got burned down field on the last drive. Tough pill to swallow on an otherwise good game. Moats was in a few plays, in position to say the least most of the time.
  • Gilmore was picked on on that last drive. Ouch. Shake it off rookie, you've proven yourself enough. Just continue to get better.
  • Kyle Williams is a golden god. Let's pray that he stays healthy. The same goes for Dareus, who also had a good game, just not as good as Kyle's.
  • Mario had two sacks. Good enough for me.
  • Spiller has been down right disappointing. Nothing on the ground, nothing in the air, fumbled. I hope we can see the good CJ at times other than when Fred is hurt. Get your act together.
  • Stevie was a mixed bag. Made several plays but also seemed to be out of sync with Fitz on a lot of routes. Not sure whose fault that is but it certainly has to be addressed.
  • Vince Young...what's there to say. Has he yet to grasp the playbook? Or is he just that bad? Looking back on the Vince of last season, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he hasn't learned the entire system yet. He is a back up so luckily there's time for that. But as of right now...oof.
  • Tashard Choice was running for his life tonight. Not sure where he stands with Chan, but tonight should have helped his case a tad. Not a fan of choice, but he has outworked Johnny White and probably deserves the third RB spot.

• And lastly Mr. Fitzpatrick. My justification for him (for better or worse) is that he excels at reading defense, which is something not commonly done in the preseason. Whether that's the case or not, he has to find some sort of rhythm with his receivers. From a basic view of things (without getting too technical) they need to make things more simple. I see to many risky passes that a guy like Fitz can't work with. Weird screen passes into the hart of the opposing defensive line rather than the flat, odd looking post patterns that are often overshot. Oh, and too many batted balls. In review of those plays, they weren't the Offensive line's fault. Fitz needs to improve, no question about that.

• MVPs: K. Williams, Glenn, Jackson, M. Williams, Hairston, Potter, Moorman.
  • LVPs: Spiller, Young, Fitzpatrick, Gilmore, Aaron Williams (although he was vastly improved from last game), Easley.

We need a QB? I thought fitz was awesome?

Sorry. Had to do it.

LOL. I don't know you but I can tell what your opinions have been.

I don't think anybody ever said Fitz was awesome.

Personally I don't expect him to be awesome. I just hope he can be adequate until we

find a replacement. Also hoping DF can carry the load. 1st string, not beyond. VY is not it but I still hope he stays for his running ability alone.

He may pick the smarts up, just not quickly...at all. Thigpen has peeked. I won't disrespect him by calling him Pigpen.

Although it's obvious and funny, he doesn't deserve it.

Is there a team in the NFL that upon hiring a new GM and/or HC doesn't go acquire someone they see as a franchise QB? Picking a QB is what typically defines a GM and HC, and the Bills made their choice with FItz. Ultimately I think it'll go down as their worst decision.

That will be the worst. 2nd worse will be trying to force the 3-4 defense. After that, the rest of the mistakes are pretty even

Barnett was exceptional until he got burned down field on the last drive. Tough pill to swallow on an otherwise good game. Moats was in a few plays, in position to say the least most of the time.

That was Chris Rainey that beat Barnett down the sideline, right? It's a tough assignment for any LB--- that kid is slick, shifty and blazing fast. No excuses of course but it is a bit of a mismatch.

I was at the game and it looked to me that the backup D-line--- Dwan Edwards, Spencer Johnson and Kyle Moore--- were in for most of that last long TD drive until the Steelers got down to the Bills 15 or so and then Mario, Kyle and company rotated in. I understand these guys are going to be rotated but is it really possible they'd stick the 2nd group out there in such a crucial situation or were they just being evaluated? That drive was embarrassing after an impressive start for the D.

It's freaking preseason. How good did we look last year in preseason? How did we come out of the gate in the regular season? Until CJ's fumble (it never looked like he had good possession from Fitz) the Squealers never got past their own 30 yard line. What impressed me was all the tackles behind the line of scrimmage that the Bills defense had. That shows me that there is real talent there and consistency is what they need to work on. Regardless, what was the Bills preseason record thru 1990-1993? Nough said.

Ahhhh yes......this squad is virtually identical to those 1990-93 playoff/SB teams.

Nough said?

That was Chris Rainey that beat Barnett down the sideline, right? It's a tough assignment for any LB--- that kid is slick, shifty and blazing fast. No excuses of course but it is a bit of a mismatch.

I was at the game and it looked to me that the backup D-line--- Dwan Edwards, Spencer Johnson and Kyle Moore--- were in for most of that last long TD drive until the Steelers got down to the Bills 15 or so and then Mario, Kyle and company rotated in. I understand these guys are going to be rotated but is it really possible they'd stick the 2nd group out there in such a crucial situation or were they just being evaluated? That drive was embarrassing after an impressive start for the D.

I was honestly surprised they did that. It was like a real football game [a good one] then who are these guys?