Bills-Steelers GDT

That was Chris Rainey that beat Barnett down the sideline, right? It's a tough assignment for any LB--- that kid is slick, shifty and blazing fast. No excuses of course but it is a bit of a mismatch.

I was at the game and it looked to me that the backup D-line--- Dwan Edwards, Spencer Johnson and Kyle Moore--- were in for most of that last long TD drive until the Steelers got down to the Bills 15 or so and then Mario, Kyle and company rotated in. I understand these guys are going to be rotated but is it really possible they'd stick the 2nd group out there in such a crucial situation or were they just being evaluated? That drive was embarrassing after an impressive start for the D.

But the the thing is, Barnett couldn't have had better coverage. That play was just a perfect pass by BR to the outside shoulder where only the receiver can make a play on it. And you gotta give credit to Rainey for making the catch. But Barnett was with him all the way. Damn!

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume Promo thinks I am a bad fan because I sold my season tickets at pennies on the dollar for this meaningless debacle. Really wish I had a child to take to the game so they could sit next to kids who got in for $15, when theirs cost $80.

Edited by ET1062

I was honestly surprised they did that. It was like a real football game [a good one] then who are these guys?

Hopefully the postgame presser sheds some light--- if the front four were gassed then I'm not sure why the DBs and LBs were the regular group.

But the the thing is, Barnett couldn't have had better coverage. That play was just a perfect pass by BR to the outside shoulder where only the receiver can make a play on it. And you gotta give credit to Rainey for making the catch. But Barnett was with him all the way. Damn!

GO BILLS!!!

Nice--- my seats were in the opposite corner so it was difficult to tell how much space he was giving up--- then again, I just read a summary of the play and it was apparently Jonathan Dwyer, not Rainey. He's more of bruiser and not a shifty scatback which probably explains the excellent coverage.

Edited by Punch

LOL. I don't know you but I can tell what your opinions have been.

I don't think anybody ever said Fitz was awesome.

Personally I don't expect him to be awesome. I just hope he can be adequate until we

find a replacement. Also hoping DF can carry the load. 1st string, not beyond. VY is not it but I still hope he stays for his running ability alone.

He may pick the smarts up, just not quickly...at all. Thigpen has peeked. I won't disrespect him by calling him Pigpen.

Although it's obvious and funny, he doesn't deserve it.

I've been known to bash fitz during or shortly after games. I reaaaaally want to love the guy. I loved what I saw in the first half of the season. I hope that his injury and the other injuries on the team were the reason for his terrible 2nd half. What I saw tonight, reminded me of the 2nd half. Accuracy issues and the inability to make key 3rd down conversions. It's only preseason, so I won't make any assumptions yet, except he's not awesome. I just hope he's good.

It's freaking preseason. How good did we look last year in preseason? How did we come out of the gate in the regular season? Until CJ's fumble (it never looked like he had good possession from Fitz) the Squealers never got past their own 30 yard line. What impressed me was all the tackles behind the line of scrimmage that the Bills defense had. That shows me that there is real talent there and consistency is what they need to work on. Regardless, what was the Bills preseason record thru 1990-1993? Nough said.

And, the Colts sucked in the 2011 preseason.

And, the Colts sucked in the 2011 preseason.

And the Lions went 4-0 in preaseason a few years ago. How'd they do in the regular season? All I'm saying it was a 7 point game at halftime and without CJ's fumble would have been tied. After that the Bills starters didn't play. I think in a real game the starters would have been in there. Do you think the Squealers starters would have put up 35 on the Bills starters? Lighten up. The sky hasn't fallen yet.

GO BILLS!!!

As indefensible a play as you'll see IMO. Spectacular pass.

And the Lions went 4-0 in preaseason a few years ago. How'd they do in the regular season? All I'm saying it was a 7 point game at halftime and without CJ's fumble would have been tied. After that the Bills starters didn't play. I think in a real game the starters would have been in there. Do you think the Squealers starters would have put up 35 on the Bills starters? Lighten up. The sky hasn't fallen yet.

Not sure how you get "the sky is falling" from a post that your trying to connect the dots between a team 20 years in the rearview mirror and what is happening now is lame, but ... ok, Francis. I fully understand that it is preseason. Fully and completely. :rolleyes:

So true.

Look, I get that we all get disappointed with the fate of our beloved Bills but damn, sometimes we need to realize we are fans of the game as well and you simply have to tip your hat when a QB makes a throw like that. Somehow it's easier for me to compliment a great play than to rip our own guys for not being able to make one.

GO BILLS!!!

So true.

Look, I get that we all get disappointed with the fate of our beloved Bills but damn, sometimes we need to realize we are fans of the game as well and you simply have to tip your hat when a QB makes a throw like that. Somehow it's easier for me to compliment a great play than to rip our own guys for not being able to make one.

GO BILLS!!!

True enough. The real issue with that play was that Roethlisberger had as much time as he needed to allow the play to develop and deliver the ball precisely. I don't expect that to be a regular occurrence.