/dev/null

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for "One small step for man, one giant

leap for mankind"!!!

A true American hero!!

No kidding. Thousands stood behind him, but Neil Armstrong effectively killed the USSR on July 21, 1969. One giant leap indeed!

Edited by Corp000085

Not meaning to "bounce" anyone, but the story of "Why did they choose Neil Armstrong" is far too detailed to be covered on a blog site. Please read "First Man" by James Hansen. Also, I'd recommend to everyone that you watch Ron Howard's "In the Shadow of the Moon".

I am so proud of my younger daughter. As part of a "Space" class at college last year, she got extra credit by interviewing Al Bean, the fourth moonwalker, via telephone. Imagine talking to a man who walked on the moon! These men are giants. Simply put, they are giants among us.

Oh, what a loss.

RIP Neil. You pulled rank on Buzz to be the #1 on the moon. But you gave us a great quote.

They planned every single little thing, to the second and the fraction of an ounce. I doubt Armstrong decided "!@#$ all that planning, I'm first Buzz."

They planned every single little thing, to the second and the fraction of an ounce. I doubt Armstrong decided "!@#$ all that planning, I'm first Buzz."

He did not, it was Deke Slaton's final call for the reasons I stated above. He was just closer to the damn hatch and it would have been immpossible for Buzz to get around him and out the door first with the giant, square backpacks. Although Slaton did point out that Armstrong was the commander and should get out of the LM first on principle...

Buzz Aldrin@TheRealBuzz

I know I am joined by millions of others in mourning Neil's passing - a true American hero and the best pilot I ever knew.

2h Buzz_Twitter_Pic2_normal.jpgBuzz Aldrin@TheRealBuzz

Neil & I trained together but were also good friends who will always be connected thru our participation in the Apollo 11 mission

3h Buzz_Twitter_Pic2_normal.jpgBuzz Aldrin@TheRealBuzz

On behalf of the Aldrin family we extend our deepest condolences to Carol & the entire Armstrong family on Neil's passing-He will be missed